Review Highlights
Awesome Experience

This walking tour was so fun and so worth the time. My girlfriend and I booked this tour with Ivo... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
T3162TDkylel
via mobile
Loved Our Private Tour!

Excellent private tour with Dominic! My husband and I covered more ground with Dominic in three... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
tcoleman-travel
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Recommended experiences in and around London
from US$37.71
from US$18.92
from US$31.53
from US$22.70
18,960 results
All reviews free walking tour tour guide fun facts highly recommend this tour three hours covent garden westminster abbey fantastic tour big ben stories information knowledge sights england queen
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2019

We took the London free tour with Emilio. He explained London's history in a very understandable way, with lonts of interesting facts and anecdotes. He explained everything in great detail but never got tiresome. Un saludo desde Barcelona Emilio!

Reviewed September 9, 2019

Contrary to what some reviewers state, this trip is not for free. There are also 'free' guided tours, but not this one.
This one was of good quality. We had a small group, about 12 participants, on a sunny sunday afternoon.
Finding the spot and time to meet was a little complicated. The Tripadvisor tickets said 3PM, but the tour starts at 15:30. At 15:00 no-one is to be seen. You have to report to a person with a red umbrella stating 'Free tours'. Yes, that is a bit confusing.
The tour it self takes a good 3 hours walk in London's Old City. I did not know about its special history. The guide was very good,very professional but did walk a bit too fast for most of the participants.
Important buildings are NOT visited inside (no time to do so), but you get a good impression of the Old City, and can come back to visit the important buildings.
Guide Ben is a friendly, young historian with lots of stories and knowledge. He has a strong and clear voice.
A bit to our surprise, the guide suggested to tip him afterwards, while we had already paid for 3 persons.
I would recommend the walk for persons aged 16 and up who can walk well (6km/hr) for quite a distance (pauzes are taken).

5  Thank andr_lK3856GH
Reviewed September 9, 2019

I took the tour on Thursday 8/29/19 and this was hands down the best walking tour I have taken to date. My guide (who's name I am completely spacing on, sorry!) was so knowledgeable, energetic, and had a great sense of humor! He spoiled the group with an extra 30 min of rich history and even stayed after to offer directions and must-see sights in London. Couldn't recommend this tour enough.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 9, 2019

If you go to London for the first time you absolutely have to take this tour. Peter was a phenomenal tour guide who made me laugh the entire time. He also really knew his stuff and was able to answer any question someone threw his way. He made me want to take a Sandeman's tour every single city I go to from now on.

1  Thank Shannon C
Reviewed September 9, 2019

Thanks for this great tour. Jamie put a lot effort into making the tour interesting for everyone and we learned a lot about London. Highly recommend the tour to get stories behind the buildings you see!