West Two London
US$149
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$72
Agoda.com
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$89
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$110
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed in the hostel with 5 friends for 4 days, and it was by far the worst place I have stayed in.
Because we were 6 we had our own room, but you could clearly see that there were people actually living in the hostel.
The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting and full of mould.

The one positive aspect was that the staff was friendly and it was really well located, close to buses and tubes that get you straight into town within 10mins.
Other than that, I wouldn't book again in this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We weren't expecting much of this place after reading previous reviews, and we weren't disappointed, although contrary to those previous reviews we were quite happy with the staff who were all polite. The chap at reception was courteous and apologised that our room was at the top, on the fourth floor with no lift. I'm 64 and was knackered by the time my daughter and I had reached the 2nd floor (to be honest, and in my defence, so was she). We were pleasantly surprised when we entered our room as we'd been told on booking and checking in that it was a bunk room. In fact it was two singles which was better, and surprisingly big, but there were no curtains at the windows - not so much a problem in September when it doesn't get light so early, but would be pretty miffed if we were there in June/July when it gets light in the early hours. We were only in the room about 1/4 hour before we went out for the evening but suspected that the bed linen had not been changed (certain tell-tale signs) so on our way out we informed the chap at reception, not expecting anything to be done about it, but on our return late at night freshly laundered bed-linen was in situ.

There really are too few toilets and showers - none at all on the 4th floor (though behind one locked door was the constant sound of gushing water) - and the ones that there are are pretty gruesome. So much so that evening we stayed in the nearby pub, Prince Alfred, until we were chucked out so that we could use their loo instead of one back at the Hostel, and waited until we found somewhere nearby for breakfast to use their loo first thing in the morning, and cleaned our teeth with bottled water in our room.

Would we use this hostel again? No, definitely not. But maybe we'd been spoilt by the hostels in San Fran.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

There are a great many things to be said about this hostel's shortcomings (I would refer you to the other reviews for an accurate and nearly complete description), but I'd like to take this opportunity to focus on the positives. I've stayed in a number of hostels throughout the UK and the rest of Europe, but certainly not all of them were free of rats. Sure, most other hostels have working showers, doors that actually lock, complementary breakfast buffets, beds that don't feel like concrete slabs - indeed, some even have friendly staff. But you see, West Two Hostel can actually boast a complete absence of rats from its premises. Isn't that worth something? Surely, when the majority of reviewers refer to a place as 'the worst hostel in the world', one would expect rats in abundance.

As for the staff, I've seen too many people complain. I feel that's rather harsh; in fact, I think it's your own fault if you think the staff should be friendly to you. You've seen the place, it's only slightly more expensive (and slightly less comfortable) than sleeping on the street - and there's no way the staff don't know that. And there's nothing they can do about it. To me, the fact that the chap at check-out didn't bother to ask me whether I enjoyed my stay said enough. Not that I would have complained to him if he had, obviously - I would simply have pointed out that I was happy at not finding rats under the concrete slab that posed as my bed.

All in all, I was moderately satisfied at the absence of rats, despite the fact that I neither slept nor washed myself for three days. Avoiding this hostel comes highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank patrizioaia
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We staid in a room for two. Clean enough, basin in the room is a positive point. Tiolets not so bad, they cleaned it several times a day, breakfast good enough if you can do with toast, butter, peanut butter, jam, cereals. Kitchen big, clean but not enough dishes - take yours and you will be happy. Nice personnel at the reception. If you "succeed" in having noisy neighbours, you will not sleep for sure and will know about each step they do.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2012

AVOID THIS PLACE - Honestly I haven’t met anyone happy staying there in this hostel. It’s a filthy place to be around. STUFF – especially at the reception – worst customer services I’ve ever received. Manager it would be better for him to be a security officer instead, very unfriendly blonde gnome. This company is bunch of liars, and its DEFINETELY not worthy money they charge for it.

Room Tip: There are some good hostels in Baswater area which I would recommend it's Smart Hyde Park Inn. Palace hostel, SandeAlle one of the LHA hostels,
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo