See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 9, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This place is the worst hostel in the world, trip advisor needed to check out this hostel out, even health and safety, the kitchen is filthy, bathroom dirty, I still feel sick whenever I think about it, its depressing. I bled for for long after cutting myself while I tried to lock the bathroom door, because hedges on the door. The manager and staffs are 0% helpful.Even if prisoners stays here they will refused to commit a crime again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Five of my friends and I only ended up staying at this hostel because we left it until two days before our trip to London to book our accommodation. As we were only staying for two nights, we weren't bothered about staying in a hostel and this seemed to be one of the only hostels in a decent location available on a Thursday/Friday night. As far as the cost goes, it was really cheap and we wouldn't have expected much more for what we paid. The first night, we were separated into 2 groups of three. This will have been down to our late booking and we didn't mind sharing rooms with other people. There were no issues here. We arrived early and the staff were happy to hold our bags until we were able to check in later that afternoon. The rooms were small and as basic as it gets, as expected. The bathrooms were terrible and there didn't really seem to be enough to serve the number of guests within the building. Each room didn't have it's own bathroom, just a sink. There were only a couple of restrooms (toilet and shower) per floor. The bathrooms didn't appear to be very clean and the showers were ancient. I have no issue with very basic amenities but this place seriously needs updating. It's very untidy, unclean and poorly kept.

The only real pro about this place is it's location; it's right around the corner from Bayswater tube station which is served by the Circle and District lines right in the centre of London.

I have only ever stayed in one other hostel before and that was in the USA where I believe that they are generally of a much higher standard. My friends, however, had stayed in quite a few and stated that this was the worst that they'd stayed in to date. I probably wouldn't return to this place again unless I was desperate. Don't expect to get more than what you pay for. If you're paying £15 a night, even that's probably a little too expensive for what you get here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jg04172014a
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I would first like to say that I am not picky when it comes to hotel/hostels. I've stayed in many places which has been absolutely fine even if they only were £15 a night.
First of all, this place calls itself a hotel. It's a hostel, not a hotel. It is extremely smelly, the corridors are absolutely filthy. Scratches all over the doors and walls.
We were told not to worry about our luggage cause our door had double locking. All right, so if it didn't have double locking, we should be worried?
Also, the man who checked us in should learn to button his shirt, as it isn't very nice having his chest hairs up your face.
No towels (most hostels provide towels these days?) Bathroom door couldn't shut properly (we had an ensuite room), but didn't really make a difference as when you were on the toilet you could have your feet on the bed at the same time. The rooms are VERY depressing to be in, so you won't want to spend much time there. Walls are very thin!
I wouldn't stay here again, I'd rather pay a couple of pounds extra to stay in a place a bit cleaner and nicer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ZFriis
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We were not to stay at this hotel because we booking for central hostel but they had no rooms to put them in by mistake. since both belong to the same hostels they sent us to the west two hotel. and when we arrived we were greeted by a young Spanish woman who was not able to solve our problem , they wanted us to walk in the hostel and hostel as it is obvious we did not want . Then came the manager of them who was very friendly and put us in a room that was soon up pretty nice . I think in all of this the only person who was really accessible was the manager . During our stay gave us the feeling that we are invading other people's houses because most of the people who were living there at the hostel were not just tourists like us . Many of them were a bit pigs , were sitting in the middle of the stairs without shoes and felt a very intense smell of stinky feet . The bathrooms were always or occupied or out of service . often had to go to a coffee Starbuks will only be able to go to the bathroom when we were too tight . I think that the hostel has a lot of lack of organization and hygiene, however I think all this happens by the manager goodwill because the people who live there do you make cleaning and reception and this in turn should decrease the cost of the room . the manager is a good guy out there that was all very strange.
Despite all this the hostel is in a great location, the stations are Bayswater and quensway 5 or 10 minute walk, have varying supermarkets around, many restaurants and nice pubs. Can you make a good from there walk up to Buckingham Palace and then to the big ben, is a long but very beautiful walk. I very likely will not return to this hostel but if for example 3 or 4 people to stay in a 4 bed room not to feel like we were invading. shared rooms do not aconcelho because they have very poor hygiene.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends