“Exceeded our highest expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corinthia Hotel London

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #21 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“Exceeded our highest expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Clearly when you spend well over £200 for a room you expect it to be good and there are quite a few in this high-end 5 star category in London. After reading the other reviews on here I knew the Corinthia was going to be good but for an all-important anniversary weekend it had to be awesome. It was. The staff were the most polite and attentive I have ever encountered (this can be unnerving at first but you get used to it!), you have use of the incredible Espa Spa under the hotel and, because we had a room facing the courtyard, one of the quietest hotel rooms I have stayed in. We were upgraded to an Executive Room and had chocolates and fruit in the room. The room was spotless and had every luxury you could reasonably ask for, the bed was very comfortable and the Loewe LED TV was exactly what you'd expect. The real bonus is that you can check-in and out whenever you like and really allowed us to make the most of the hotel and its central location.

Room Tip: If it's a special occasion, tell them, they may upgrade your room.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Thank you very much for your review, which I took great pleasure in reading. It is fantastic to hear that your expectations of Corinthia London were high and they were still surpassed.

We certainly strive for a team culture that attracts and inspires dedicated, passionate professionals - therefore I am very pleased to read that our team were the most polite and attentive you have encountered.

I’m glad you enjoyed our hotel spa – ESPA Life at Corinthia. The thermal floor is certainly a great experience and as it is included in all our guests’ stays – I would highly recommend reserving a few hours of your time to experience it. The ESPA Life gym is also very well equipped and open 24 hours a day.

I’m glad you experienced our Executive room offering and appreciated our flexible check-in / check-out policy, which encourages our guests to arrive and depart leisurely at whichever hour suits them.

I hope you had a wonderful anniversary and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Matthew Dixon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stay in 50 - 60 different hotels a year and this is the best hotel I've booked for several years.

The service is superb, staff are well trained and extremely professional and the rooms are clean, new and fit for purpose. The decor was quite "business like", even "Hilton-esk" (sorry) and my personal preference is an edgy, boutique style hotel. However, this hotel is perfect, it's even luxurious, just a fraction clinical.

Overall, I'd give it 9.5 / 10 -- The cooked breakfast was the best I've ever tasted,room service at 2am was like lightening and the food wasn't too bad. The bed was amazingly comfortable and I even looked at who supplied their mattresses so I could get one.

If you're unsure about where to stay, I'd stay here, it's a safe bet and you'll leave delighted.

Room Tip: As for an upgrade ;)
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
I greatly enjoyed your review and was pleased to read that you feel Corinthia London is the best hotel you have booked in years.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your In Room Dining experience; we aim to deliver fantastic food to our guests’ rooms at all hours & will certainly make sure that standards are monitored to meet that aim. It was, however, great to hear that our room service is very timely.

Our beds get a lot of compliments and we hope you’re able to enjoy them again soon (if not at home).

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have experienced great customer service, excellent team in place and outstanding service from the Hotel's team, without exception.

I have worked with numerous venues because of my work, and can proudly say: never experienced such a great support, so efficiently then working with Corinthia.

Thank you.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I was delighted to read your review following your stay at the Corinthia London. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our excellent team & outstanding service.
I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

"Wow" is the only word to easily sum up this hotel! The location, service, and design are truly top notch. Add that to the room size, staff and quality of the decor both in the rooms and the lobby/restaurant areas easily make this hotel the best in London! You must visit the Spa to believe it..probably the best spa in the world! From someone who has virtually lived in hotels in the past, I felt spoiled and hated to leave this hotel. The word is out on this hotel, go see this place to believe it!

2 Thank botjam
Thank you very much for the glowing review of Corinthia London - what a compliment it is to be recommended as the best hotel in London.
It was very nice to read that our team looked after you so well & that you found our location, service & design to be top notch. I am also glad to see that you enjoyed your room - measuring an average of 45m², our rooms are among the largest in their category in London’s luxury hotel market. As you mentioned, our ESPA Life spa certainly has to be seen to be believed; I’m sure the ESPA team will be happy to hear that you consider them to be the best.

The hotel does indeed benefit from a fantastic location and our team truly takes pride in delivering great service - I am happy to read that you felt this was the case. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future and to providing you with the same “wow” experience.

Innsbruck, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We had a really pleasant stay at the Corinthia London. Our room was very generous, and the Spa was excellent. The design of this hotel is truly excellent. The only objectionable thing was the service at breakfast, which was a bit planless and not very professional for an international 5-Star Hotel! Therefor the service at the front-desk and the concierge was very helpful and obliging, as like as the housekeeping team!
It's the perfect hotel for a London City trip, because no other hotel is located in such a perfect location for city breaks as like as business trips! We will stay at the Corinthia, whenever we are going to London!

• Stayed February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank luxuryexecutive
Thank you very much for your review. I was glad to read that you enjoyed our large bedrooms and our ESPA Life Spa - spread over four floors it certainly has a lot to offer.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced slow service at breakfast. I have spoken with both our Kitchen and Front of House teams in The Northall restaurant about improving our guests’ breakfast experience as we understand that this is such an important offering. I was very pleased to hear that the high level of service we pride ourselves on was provided by our Reception, Concierge and Housekeeping teams.

The hotel does benefit from a very central location as many London sights and landmarks including: Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, the South bank, Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament, are only a few minutes walk away. We look forward to welcoming you to Corinthia London on your next visit to London.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

This is just a review of the High Tea (called Afternoon Tea). Visiting London, we asked our daughter, a resident, to try to find a High Tea. She drew a blank for most of the traditional venues (the days available were limited: it was a Sunday afternoon), but hit upon the Corinthia. Well, it was superb! The tea choice alone seemed never-ending, including some Chinese teas of the rather less common sort. The sandwiches were delightful, but the cakes were divine. And we were offered (free) seconds of anything we wished. Champagne was extra -- a bit steep at 10 pounds, I thought, but the price for the tea was 35 pounds a head. The price and the quality compare more than favourably with some other places which are perhaps resting on their laurels. Staff was most attentive and the tea sommelière (hardly a théière!) very knowledgeable.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Turella
Many thanks for your wonderful review of our Afternoon High Tea service. I’m glad to read that you enjoyed the great selection of teas which are provided by the notable Tea Palace, who have also created our signature tea blends, such as our Royal Palace Blend. Our selection of sandwiches, scones and ‘divine’ cakes have been designed by well-renowned pastry chef, Claire Clark. We certainly like to ensure that our guests feel satisfied with their afternoon tea experience, so I’m glad to hear you found our offering plentiful. I am sure that our Lobby Lounge team will take great pleasure in receiving your compliments about their attentive service and knowledge.
I do hope that when you next visit London you are able to experience some of the hotel’s other outlets, perhaps to enjoy lunch at The Northall restaurant or dinner at Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I have just returned from staying at the hotel for the weekend and i cannot describe how brilliant and wonderful this place is. The checkin is so easy, your luggage is waiting at your room with the bellboy. Everything just works in this hotel and i cant think of a single fault.
We had a standard double room and it was spacious and extremely well furnished. The bathroom was amazing and we loved the TV at the end of the large tub.
The turndown service is nice, after going for a meal we came back and the room was all made up with some delicious chocolates and a bottle of water beside the bed.

The staff are amazing, truly amazing.

I had a treatment at the ESPA spa, it was magical, i had a one hour personal massage and then spent some time in the sauna, afterwards i was the most relaxed i have been in months.
My fiance enjoyed the fact that rhianna was staying at the hotel and the papparazi whre all outside, this added a but of excitment to our trip!

If you are thinking of staying in London i cannot think of a better place to be.

2 Thank james762526
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for such a generous review, it was great to read that your experience was faultless and that you found our team to be truly amazing. What a compliment this is - I am sure the rest of the team will also be very pleased to receive such feedback.

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your ESPA Life Personalised Massage and I hope that on your next visit you can experience ESPA’s complimentary alternative medicine treatments, such as: Acupuncture, Nutrition, Osteopathy and Traditional Chinese Medicine. This is truly a unique offering for a hotel spa and one which is being very well-received. The spa’s amphitheatre-style sauna is also a very unique experience as the sauna walls are made of glass and look out towards the entire thermal floor area, which includes both pools, the fireplaces, Cleopatra marble loungers and the steam room. I am pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope to welcome you again soon.