3,920 results
All reviews chambers club booking office barlow wing st pancras gilbert scott chambers room iconic building train station beautiful hotel new wing british library afternoon tea junior suite kings cross steam room five star hotel public areas
Reviewed April 3, 2018

My wife and I stayed here over the Easter weekend to celebrate our golden wedding. Having done some research I realised that, to be sure of being accommodated in the Victorian part of the hotel rather than its modern extension, we would need to book into the Chambers wing so I reserved a junior suite with the request that it be one (as featured on the website) overlooking the station. This was duly provided, and we could thus admire that wonderful roof at leisure and watch all the activity going on down below. The room was very clean and comfortable, with a spacious bathroom with robes, slippers and plenty of towels provided. Breakfast (a full range of English and continental) is served in the club lounge, which is exclusively for guests in the Chambers wing and is nice and comfortable and quiet, and light refreshments are also provided at times during the day. We had an excellent dinner in the Gilbert Scott restaurant and likewise a lunch in the Booking Office restaurant: the "Ladies' Smoking Room" dessert (named after a part of the hotel) should definitely be tried.
The public areas of the hotel have been superbly restored and are stunning: the restaurants; the bar; the grand staircase; the lot. A (free) tour of the building is fascinating and covers how it came to be built, what the different parts were used for and how it went from splendour to dereliction and back to splendour again. As for the staff, we never came across anybody who wans't polite friendly and attentive, and those in the know made us feel that our golden wedding was special to them as well as to us. This place is more a palace than a hotel!

Room tip: A view of the station is well worth having if that appeals
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Wonderful hotel with polite and friendly staff. We spent a Saturday night there.
Lovely surroundings, a real luxury hotel.
A must to see is the grand staircase where the Spice Girls shot their video.
Lovely buffet breakfast in a relaxed atmosphere the next day. Such a shame to leave when we did.
Would definitely return.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2018

If you're looking for a place to stay in London thats really historic, while enjoying great food and service, then look no further. I have stayed at this hotel MANY times and have always had a great experience! The staff is just amazing. They remember me when I show up and make men feel so very welcomed each time I check in. Even the bellmen will walk over and welcome me back by name. I don't know about you, but that makes me feel special.

The area around the hotel has tremendous restaurants and places to explore. And needless to say, the train station is on property too. With the Eurostar right here, thats just an added bonus.

As a crew member in private aviation, I have been spoiled a good bit over the years. I have stayed in grand hotels and eaten in Michelin star restaurants as well. But, without being overly pretentious, this is a hotel that keeps calling me back time and time again. I hope you'll give it a try and see what I mean. And I have little doubt that you'll be coming back again too!

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of the rail station or large window.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank flyer5963
Reviewed April 1, 2018

This hotel is gorgeous, inside and out. Situated very close to Kings Cross and St Pancras stations, and an easy walk to Euston station, meant we could be on a tube/train to almost anywhere in London within minutes.

In spite of the busy location, the rooms were quiet. I struggle to sleep on hotel beds, but that wasn't an issue here.

We added breakfast and were glad we did. There was something for everyone, and it was all fresh and tasty.

All the staff were attentive and friendly, and extremely helpful (they even found an emergency doctor on a Sunday evening when we realised we had forgotten prescription medication at home)

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank AA73
Reviewed March 31, 2018

I stayed at the St. Pancras in March 2018. The hotel is historic and located adjacent to the St. Pancras and King's Cross train stations.

The hotel is beautiful from the outside and the public areas are as well. The lobby is open and airy and the adjacent bar, The Booking Room, is also stunning with high ceilings.

The rooms while refreshed and well appointed are a bit of a disappointment in that they are dark. My room was in the newer section accessible via elevators behind the bar. The window was tiny and let in little to no light. This is probably the darkest room I've ever stayed in. There was a desk in the dark corner which was really too dark and awkward to sit at. The room and bathroom were otherwise fine.

I just wished for more natural light in the room.

• Trip type: Travelled on business