“Just too small for two”

Point A Hotel, London Westminster
Ranked #373 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Typical of places popular on TA, this hotel is clean and the service is good though front desk is often backed up and busy. The location is conveniently across from a tube station. Perhaps it is a good value but not on a square footage basis. The room is so small that it is hard for two people to stand and do anything at the same time; the only seating area is the bed and the phone booth sized bathroom is for one person only.

The Tunes are "all-fees" hotels. They seem to charge for everything. We arrived 25 minutes before check-in and our room was ready by it would cost us five quid to check in early. It was even more expensive to check a couple of bags. You pay for the television, room cleaning, towels, and pretty much anything else you can imagine. We ran out of toilet paper and were afraid that they would charge us for an extra roll (they didn't)!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank D&BCalifornia
Dorjbat, Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Our Limited Service concept means that we offer the basics for a good night of sleep and a prime location. Being a budget hotel our rooms can be compact, however this is a feature which allows us to keep our prices competitive and our add-on system gives our Guests the opportunity to keep costs to a minimum.
We hope your stay was overall satisfactory and that you will chose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is a really great option for staying in London. We had a double room on the fifth floor, and while it was on the small side it was pretty typical for UK/Europe and not uncomfortable at all for two people. The location was really good – a tube stop right on the doorstep made it super easy to get around. Everything in the room was clean and in really good condition, and the beds were really comfortable. Only problem I can think of (and I am really being a bit picky with this) is that there was only one pillow which just wasn’t enough. Not sure if you could get another one, but it would be worth asking. I have stayed in other places in London that cost a lot more and weren’t half as good as Tune. Would definitely recommend to anyone (and have been doing so!).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank kjmcp

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that your overall stay with us was pleasant and that you enjoyed our 5 star very comfortable beds. Thank you also for highlighting our wonderful location, it is really convenient for both business and pleasure. I am very glad that you also mentioned our staff as we aim to provide the best service for our Guests.
We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed here a few times now. Each time I stayed the room given seems to be smaller and smaller than the previous which i didn't think was possible.

Nonetheless - if all you need is a place to crash before you head out early to a meeting - there's absolutely no reason to stay anywhere else. The beds by the way are more comfortable than some 5 star hotels ive stayed in around the world. Staff are super friendly, room is spotless.

I look forward to trying out some of their future openings in London later this year.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a higher floor. I've always stayed on 4 or 5. This visit i was on 2nd and...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Gavin K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
It is my pleasure to hear that you have had many comfortable stays with us.
Indeed, be ready to try our new hotels as they will be opening in Paddington in June and Kings Cross in July!
We are still always looking forward to welcoming you here at Tune Hotels Westminster!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed here for one night on Saturday 3rd March. Was expecting a small room but was not prepared for such a tiny amount of space. Just about room enough to place 2small holdalls on the floor. We were given a room on the 6th floor (the roof space). A very tiny window that faced a wall.We dropped off our bags at 3pm but didn't return 'till 11pm. That's when we discovered our v.compact room was far from clean. There were in fact pubic hairs on the bed sheet and the duvet had stains on it. (My guess is that this had just been turned over from the previous occupants} We used the towels we had pre-booked to 'sleep' on. A very busy noisy. a night outside and inside the hotel. All in all a terrible experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank olddear40
Dorjbat, Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
All feedback both positive and otherwise are very important to us as we try to improve ourselves and the service we provide. Please accept my apologies for the linens not being to the required standard, I have contacted our linen supplier so that it would not happen again.
Once again, your comments are taken very seriously by our team because we really do care and I really hope we will have the possibility to welcome you back and offer you a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I have booked Hotel Tunes after hours of selection on the web , crossing data from TripAdvisor and other sites. I was focusing on Waterloo Station Area (Tube Station on Bakerloo line Lambeth North) since I had been in the area before and found it really nice and strategic: very central tough not busy as the center itself, quite and normal area 5 minutes walk from the Westminster bridge (and Big Ben itself). Tune Hotels, as you may see from their website is similar to a Ryanair flight: cheap, basic (every extra you pay separately) and most of the times honest. In order to go really basic I booked a "non-window" room (!!), no cloths no phon, no extra. The Hotel is just across the street from Lambeth North Station , you find a desk with very nice and helpful staff entering. They give us the double-nowindow room keys: the room is underground level (I should have guessed..!). Like others wrote the room is tiny: only space enough for the bed itself and a tiny hanger for your cloths, the bathroom also really small with shower and toilet. Bad sides:1) having no windows the air conditioning system is vital: it was a bit noisy indeed, but on night 2 I found out it was a lot quiter if you decreased the temperature of one degree 2) having no window there is a green soft light in the room when others light are switched off. Good sides: Forniture and everything is really new , clean and confortable, the bed in particular is really good :) the shower is hot, the staff is helpful and Costa Cafe is just next door, for breakfast :)) Last but not least, a room with a window is only 10 pounds more - I guess its worth it to avoid all the bed sides. I think next time in London I will book one.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ellysland

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Tune Hotels - Westminster. Your opinion is extremely important to us and we are very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable and pleasant experience. Furthermore, for an additional pillow you can always turn to our friendly reception staff, they are more than happy to help.
We genuinely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Excellent room for the price, we paid about £85 for a Thursday and Friday night in total. I would recommend upgrading to a room with a window if just for hopefully a bit more air circulation, underground our room got quiet warm. The toilet door was more of a shower door, don't expect privacy in this place!!

Excellent location, close to tube (which you could hear in LG floors, but never enough to bother you) and would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank mistykerry8015
Dorjbat, Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.
Really pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our location right next to the tube station to be convenient. We take pride in providing a clean and comfortable hotel for our Guests with unbeatable prices and I am more than happy that we succeeded in providing it once again!
I hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I'll be stating here again! I've had wardrobes larger than my room but it was clean, the bed was more comfortable than my own at home, really good prices and not least the location; I walked to Parliament Square in 5-10 minutes. Also there's a tube station right across the street and a lot of bus stops, so it's very easy getting around, even for a solo first time London tourist like me! :)

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank LolitaLoco

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your positive review.
I am very pleased that you had enjoyable stay with us and that the location of the hotel and the proximity of the tube stations was a real plus for you. It is also good to read that you had a good night`s sleep with our 5* beds as it is one of our key points.
We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.