Book now, pay at stay
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$85
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$182
US$149
  • Breakfast included
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$163
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
US$301
US$167
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$225
US$177
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstudio apartmentfull kitchendishwasheraccommodationkeyinternetbasementpubsamenitiesnoisetube
Reviewed July 5, 2017

The Apartment is very good located and you can easily reach buses, the tube as well as three smaller supermarkets. Only the Quality of the mattress was not the best one and it is a pitty that the Windows cannot be fully opened. Also, the Apartment was very clean and was nice inside.
You can walk to Covent Garden (approx. 7 min), to Bank/Monument (approx. 20-25 minutes), etc.
There was a small issue with the check-in as the person was not there - however, when you have the codes you can access the Apartment alone.
In summary, I can recommend this Apartment to everyone who loves to be good located in a city.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Management response:Responded July 6, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at SACO Crane Court. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the quality of the apartments and the location exceeded your expectations.

Thank you in advance for recommending forward the apartment and we look forward to welcoming you back to SACO in the near future.

Kind regards,

Emilian Bej
Assistant Apartment Manager

Reviewed April 12, 2017

I enjoy my stay in SACO Fleet St - Crane Court. In the center of London, quiet, modern and very clean. I will recommand this place to colleagues who will come in London for its qualities. I had a very good stay !

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Management response:Responded May 15, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you in advance for recommending your colleagues and we look forward to welcoming you back to SACO in the near future.

Emilian Bej
Assistant to Apartment Manager

Reviewed October 18, 2016

There is no reception desk at this aparthotel, but the check in process is relatively smooth. You get sent an email with instructions for checking in, which was all clear, but only arrived the day before the booking - as a 'planner' I would have liked some confirmation a few days before that [understand why they wouldn't send door codes prior to that].

The location is handy for my UK office and the apartment has everything you need in it. It's clean and modern and have no complaints about the place.

What i do have an issue with is charging extra for wifi, at 4 gbp a day. Paying nearly 200 GBP a night for a hotel and not getting complimentary wifi is just not on. I can go to a hotel that is less than half the price of this and wifi is included. Not only that, but to get the wifi, you have to ring up a number and pay it over the phone! Just add a couple of quid onto the room cost and save everyone the hassle, this is just pointless. Throttle the network if you are worried about bandwidth and data usage, I am not sitting there downloading movies, I just want to be able to work. The issue with the room on the ground floor [and i imagine, in the 'lower' ground floor] is that cell service is poor, so wifi is pretty much required for any task.

The move in major cities, such as London and New York is towards free wifi everywhere, so why do Saco think that adding a nominal extra charge for it AND making the process so un-user friendly is the way forward?

I would hesitate in booking this place again, despite the fact the facilities other than the wifi are fine.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank GingerMatti1
Maurice G, Manager at SACO Fleet St - Crane Court, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at SACO Crane Court. I am glad to hear that the apartment, facilities and the location lived up to your expectations. I am however disappointed to hear that the subsequent charges for internet affected the overall feel of staying with us again. We are reviewing this overall for 2017 and have taken on board your comments regarding the charges and how it can best work for the convenience of the guest. I do hope we can earn back your trust to return and stay with us in the future.

Operations Manager

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Having to stay 3 weeks in London on business I decided not to stay in a hotel but rather in a serivced apartment in central London. Financially it did not make much difference (my company paid about 170 pounds / 200 euros per night) but I thought it would be better to have a kitchen at your disposal and sort of "a home" away from home. SACO's web site and the descriptions of the apartments confirmed me in my decision that turned out to be a mistake. I'd love to start with something positive but unfortunately there is not much to write about: the good location as such, the clean staircase, the furniture in the apartment is pretty modern - probably that is it...

Apart of that everything else was a disappointment. I did not expect to land in a president suit of ritz carlton but the first apartment that they give me was literally a hole in the wall that they firnished a bit and provided some facilities. Apartment number 3 has a small window, but even if it had no window at all it would not be a big difference, as this only window faces a dirty, dark and tiny corner of the walls of the opposite building just 1 meter away with absolutely no air and light coming into the apartment. I am not exaggerating! Ironically the witty owners advertise this place as "quiet and bright". No trace of either of this poth features...
The apartment number 4 is quite similar - i spoke to my neighbour and I saw what it looks like. You need to go out of the house to see what the weather is like... This whole luxury has size of a very tiny hotel room - when you walk in you bump into the bed right in front of the door and then when the bed ends you have roughly 4 squared meters of space at your disposal... To get to the shower you need to climb some stairs into the shower cabin...

This whole luxury is accompanied by some other upscale features, e.g.
-they clean the apartment and change the bed sheets only once a week..,
-the beds and the linings are not comfortable - cheap / synthetic blankets and pillows
-there is no staff in the building, so you cannot leave your luggage there, the check-in is at 4 pm and you need to negotiate with them if you want to check-in a bit earlier. They are not very understaning in this matter and try to charge you 30 pounds if you want to check-in 1 hour earlier. Honestly - i do not know any hotel where the check-in is that late!! It gets even worse at check-out - as there is no place to leave your luggage, you have to leave the apartment at around noon and take your luggage with you.
-Slow internet access costs 18 pounds per week
-One day the whole house did not had any hot water!!!!

When I heavily complained they gave me another apartment - number 7 in the 3th floor. It was better - 5 windows instead of 1 and somewhat more space. And not to have to climb the stairs into the shower and back felt better for some reason. I was excited about some daylight in the room as well as some fresh air. However, the owners of this luxury did not bother to isolate all those windows even a little bit. They all are totally loose in their frames and you can hear anything what is going on in the very busy fleet street: the traffic, street works, occasional fire alarms and whatever other sounds you can imagine (like people throwing away garbage or exiting the restaurant near the entrance to the building). Everything gets right into your ears at any time. Once a fire alarm in a building nearby got off at 6 am and went on for 30 minutes - it felt just like an alarm clock right at your bed.
So the choices are - either a dark and muggy or a bright and noisy apartment. You are free to decide what you get for your money (btw, these smart businessmen charge you the whole price with no refund possible 1 week before the stay).

If you think that I mentioned all the problems - unfortunately there were some more - like at some point the fridge that is in the build-in kitchen broke down. Instead of building in a new fridge they just put the new one right into the room next to the kitchen making the room even smaller and blocking the access to the stove...

The most apalling thing happened at the end: on my last day I asked them to allow me to leave my stuff in the apartment until 3pm. They did not like this request but finally agreed to 2:30pm. I left the apartment shortly after the agreed time (and even bumped into the cleaning lady when I was leaving). When I was in on the plane at 6 am I received an email saying that my stuff were still in the apartment which was obviously not the case. They threatened to charge me for an additional night... After I wrote back that I met the cleaning lady who can confirm my point of departure they dropped their demands.

I hope this assessment will help you to stay away from SACO and not to buy into thay floury descriptions and phtoshopped pictures on the web site

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank stanley77
Lilian C, Manager at SACO Fleet St - Crane Court, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at Crane Court. I am sorry to hear that you felt your expectations were not as you have anticipated. We try as much as we can to give an accurate overview of our apartments on our websites and it is with continuous input from our guests that we can continue to look at the descriptions we present out about our apartments. We have had good feedback from previous guests that have stayed about the apartments, their layout, the linen quality but appreciate that this did not work well for you. However, It is a positive that you found the apartments to be modern and finished to a high standard and the location worked well for you.

I am aware that you experienced some issues in the apartment i.e. the fridge and hot water on a particular day and our aim is to resolve them as quickly as we can or in some cases provide a backup so that our guests can continue to stay in the apartment without being inconvenienced because of a non-working appliance and in this case the fridge. A colleague advised that we would supply you with a temporary free standing fridge whilst we awaited an identical new fridge to arrive to replace the one that stopped working. The freestanding fridge was a different dimension and configuration and hence why it would not have been possible to fit this inside the space where the permanent fridge sits. I do understand you were offered a smaller fridge after you brought to our attention that the one that was delivered was in the way, but the offer of the smaller fridge was not taken up. In regards to the hot water, I am sorry that this happened and for the inconvenienced it caused you in the morning, we acted as soon as we were informed and this was resolved within 3hours of the issue being brought to our attention.

As you mentioned, we do not have luggage storage facilities at the property due to it being unmanned, however our sister property 5mins drive offers 24/7 luggage storage which we offer out to any of our guests staying in London. But as I understand this was not required as you were offered a complimentary late check-out from your apartment on the day. I believe there must have been some miscommunication between your departure from the apartment and the communication with the cleaner as we were advised you were in the apartment up until just before 4pm and due to the fact we also had an arriving guest with check in at 4pm, would have required to turn around the apartment in order for the arriving guest to check in at the advertised check in time. However, I do hope that the additional hours in the apartment gave you the time required before your flight out of London. We try as much as possible to accommodate late check-out requests, taking into consideration other arriving guests into the apartment which we feel we did in this instance.

I hope all the above clarifies the points that you have raised, but feel free to email me directly on lclarke@sacoapartments.com if you wish to discuss matters further.

Apartment Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The apartment was excellent. The booking process wasn't.

Stayed 23rd to 25th of August, apartment 11.

After booking through Lastminute.com and entering my card details there, I was called, on my mobile, out of the blue the next day and the person on the phone asked for my credit card details. I was told that this was because a fax had failed to appear with the card details, but that an email with my other booking details had come through correctly. I said I would call them back after verifying their telephone number as this seemed quite dodgy. I did then ring back and gave my card details over the phone. I was told that the codes to get into the apartment (front door and key safe) would be emailed to me.

The next day all I had received was a confirmation email thanking me for my payment, so I replied to it and asked for the codes to enter the apartment. The reply came back with the codes quite swiftly.

Upon arriving at the building I tried to use the supplied code to get into the front door repeatedly until I eventually gave up and rang SACO again to explain my problem. I was told that the codes had been changed at the beginning of the month (three weeks previously) and was given the new codes over the phone which worked. I asked that they be emailed to me so I wouldn't have to write them down. The only email I then received was an email thanking me for my payment which, again, contained no codes to enter the front door. Thankfully I had remembered the code, so I didn't have to ring back.

The apartment was very nice with a good kitchen, seating area and bedroom area. Everything that two people might want to use was there. The mattress was only a box spring mattress, but it was comfortable enough (when I lay down on the bed the sharp zip on one of the decorative cushions scratched my forehead, but I don't really blame anyone but myself for this). It was very central and the noise didn't bother us too much. New double glazing would solve the noise issue.

Despite the administrative debacle I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Lilian C, Manager at SACO Fleet St - Crane Court, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay in SACO Crane Court. I am glad to hear you found the apartment well-furnished and equipped for your needs and that the location was convenient. I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused regarding trying to gain access into our building due to the codes not being received. I can assure you I am investigating into this issue with my team and you should not experience this in the future if you stay with us again.

We hope to welcome you back to SACO in the foreseeable future.

Apartment Manager