Book In Advance

from US$32.10
from US$27.34
from US$46.80
More Info
All reviews pond dipping bird watchers nature reserve wild birds otters being fed hammersmith tube station south route reed beds water vole captive birds different species bird life peaceful place all ages lovely place to visit lovely walk enjoyable visit
Reviewed May 8, 2018

I ended up here on one of the hottest sunniest days and loved it. I wish I had remembered to take my binoculars with me but I rented a pair instead. Absolutely beautiful views and so many species of birds, I was amazed I was in London. The butterflies and other insects were out in full because of the heat which was an added bonus. Will definitely go back especially as it is cheap with Tesco Vouchers.

1  Thank lsgoldblatt
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

If you love nature, you must go here. Been a while since our last visit. So much has changed. The bat house, the cranes & now others. Such a great place to explore. My niece loved it & so did we.

Maria Z, Marketing Assistant at WWT London Wetland Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

Thank very much for taking your time to leave us a review. We're really happy to hear you enjoyed your day with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

A really nice surprise, to see the wildlife In London. A great landscape surrounded by the housing of London. Plenty of hides to watch the wildlife. There are otters to watch as they play in their enclosure. They are fed twice a day by a warden who gives a chat about the otters. Plenty of space for children to learn and play..
A lovely cafe that provides meals and snacks at reasonable prices.
Plenty of parking available, which is free if you use the centre.

1  Thank Shirley E

Thanks very much for the great feedback. Do come visit us again as there is always something different to see depending on the season.

Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

I can't believe I've never been here before, having grown up just half an hour away. If you need an escape from the hustle and bustle - as I did on the day of the London Marathon - this is the perfect place to go.
The area is huge and has a wide range of British wetlands birds. You can buy a map from the front desk in which you can check and mark off each species as you see them, or you can just read about them on the boards around the reserve. Highlights for me were the otters (pretty sure that's the case for most people) which are adorable and playful. I highly recommend coming for feeding time to hear all about them and see them in action. Also the info on conservation efforts is very interesting and makes the entry fee a little easier to swallow!
It can get a little repetitive walking around if you aren't an avid bird watcher, and it is quite steeply priced, but it's really a nice way to spend a few hours. I felt like I had meditated afterwards - happy, relaxed and clear headed.
Special shout out to the staff who are SUPER friendly and helpful. The girl on the front desk gave me lots of tips and I had a nice chat with a few staff members throughout the park. Maybe their good nature is a benefit of working in such a beautiful peaceful place.

1  Thank Olivia B
Maria Z, Marketing Assistant at WWT London Wetland Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Thanks very much for your review Olivia. We're really glad you enjoyed your day with us. Without the support and income from our visitors we would not be able to run WWT London Wetland Centre or to contribute to WWT’s conservation work in the UK and around the world so thank you very much.

We will definitely pass your message to our volunteers and members of staff.

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

Second visit to WWT. We had a lovely day. Forgot out binoculars so hired some for the day from the shop. Both walks are as good as each other. Some amazing birds to see. Lots of serious bird watchers on one of the walks. We spent a long time in various hides with our binoculars. We had lunch in the cafe. The food was delicious and way above standard for a cafe at this type of venue. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Lovely shop with lots of gift items as well as bird food and feeders. A very good day out - thoroughly enjoyed it and we will return.

2  Thank anna c

Thanks very much for your lovely feedback, we're really happy to hear you enjoyed your day. We'll make sure to pass your comments to our other departments.