“London Wetlands Centre”

WWT London Wetland Centre
Ranked #159 of 1,848 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled in a loop of the Thames, London Wetland Centre is an urban oasis for wildlife and people; a rural idyll in the heart of the capital. Voted the UK’s Favourite Nature Reserve by readers of Country file magazine, it is perfect for a relaxing stroll along the paths that meander among the lakes, meadows and gardens. The Centre is a haven for wild ducks, wading birds, butterflies, bats, amphibians and water voles. Visitors can also see a collection of beautiful water birds from around the world, and watch the antics of the otter family at feeding time. With six hides, two kids’ adventure zones and a café there’s something for everyone.
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

The real jewel in the crown. What a wonderful asset to London. A beautiful slice of nature with city backdrop.

Maria Z, Marketing Assistant at WWT London Wetland Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks very much for the kind words, we're really glad to hear you enjoyed your visit!

All reviews
"huge area"
"bird life"
"peaceful place"

Reviewed May 8, 2018

I ended up here on one of the hottest sunniest days and loved it. I wish I had remembered to take my binoculars with me but I rented a pair instead. Absolutely beautiful views and so many species of birds, I was amazed I was in London. The butterflies and other insects were out in full because of the heat which was an added bonus. Will definitely go back especially as it is cheap with Tesco Vouchers.

1  Thank lsgoldblatt
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

If you love nature, you must go here. Been a while since our last visit. So much has changed. The bat house, the cranes & now others. Such a great place to explore. My niece loved it & so did we.

Thank very much for taking your time to leave us a review. We're really happy to hear you enjoyed your day with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

A really nice surprise, to see the wildlife In London. A great landscape surrounded by the housing of London. Plenty of hides to watch the wildlife. There are otters to watch as they play in their enclosure. They are fed twice a day by a warden who gives a chat about the otters. Plenty of space for children to learn and play..
A lovely cafe that provides meals and snacks at reasonable prices.
Plenty of parking available, which is free if you use the centre.

Thanks very much for the great feedback. Do come visit us again as there is always something different to see depending on the season.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

I can't believe I've never been here before, having grown up just half an hour away. If you need an escape from the hustle and bustle - as I did on the day of the London Marathon - this is the perfect place to go.
The area is huge and has a wide range of British wetlands birds. You can buy a map from the front desk in which you can check and mark off each species as you see them, or you can just read about them on the boards around the reserve. Highlights for me were the otters (pretty sure that's the case for most people) which are adorable and playful. I highly recommend coming for feeding time to hear all about them and see them in action. Also the info on conservation efforts is very interesting and makes the entry fee a little easier to swallow!
It can get a little repetitive walking around if you aren't an avid bird watcher, and it is quite steeply priced, but it's really a nice way to spend a few hours. I felt like I had meditated afterwards - happy, relaxed and clear headed.
Special shout out to the staff who are SUPER friendly and helpful. The girl on the front desk gave me lots of tips and I had a nice chat with a few staff members throughout the park. Maybe their good nature is a benefit of working in such a beautiful peaceful place.

1  Thank Olivia B
Maria Z, Marketing Assistant at WWT London Wetland Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Thanks very much for your review Olivia. We're really glad you enjoyed your day with us. Without the support and income from our visitors we would not be able to run WWT London Wetland Centre or to contribute to WWT’s conservation work in the UK and around the world so thank you very much.

We will definitely pass your message to our volunteers and members of staff.