“Don't miss it!”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$37.06*
and up
Tower of London Entrance Ticket Including Crown...
Ranked #9 of 1,815 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: One of London's most famous landmarks, the historic Tower houses the Crown Jewels, the prison cell of Sir Walter Raleigh, known as the Bloody Tower, and the Chapel of St. John and the Royal Armories.
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

The tour was informative and very entertaining. Even off season it draws a crowd. Give a little extra time and definitely take the guided tour.

Write a ReviewReviews (52,887)
All reviews
in 541 reviews
"prisoners"
in 581 reviews

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This iconic landmark took my breath away, it is amazing. We took the tube which drops you literally outside the gates, unfortunately I had missed the last tour to go inside so I will save that for my next visit to London.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Got annual membership to Historic Royal Palaces for my birthday. Tower of London was first use. Have to say reason for visiting was to see the Crown Jewels and overall a gloomy and disappointing experience. Very dark not time to really look at the exhibits, and I am not an expert, but they all looked slightly fake. Displayed in very dark and miserable display cases, it's time it was modernised and more information and exhibits are required. When I was a child it seemed much more exciting and mysterious and some of the exhibits need removing, updating or removing e.g. Duke of Clarence drowning in a barrel was derisory. Ravens Cafe was appalling, a flat white coffee, did not taste at all of coffee, expensive and the member of staff was very defensive when we queried ratio of coffee to milk, tasted more like a very hot milky latte, need to get a franchise in like Costa or Cafe Nero. Gift shops were dated and over priced in my view. Overall a disappointing start to my annual membership, let's hope Kew, Kensington Palace and Hampton Court Palace are better.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is a must when visiting London. At first we thought the entrance fee was quite high (20), but when we left the site we all agreed it was worth it. The whole place has so much history and is really diverse. You have the ancient towers, the prison part, the crown jewels, the great view of the Tower Bridge, the Castle and it's all good. And we did not even manage to take a guided tour with a Beefeater.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Tower. It was so interesting, I even say fascinating. The history, the jewels, the beefeaters, all worth a visit if in London.

parenting tip: We took our maclaren stroller, it sucked. If you can park it somewhere, which I believe there are parking areas for them, do it! Hard to maneuver on the very old cobbles. Take turns carrying your little one and enjoy the visit much more than dodging cobbles!