“Don't miss it!”

Ranked #3 of 1,589 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: One of London's most famous landmarks, the historic Tower houses the Crown Jewels, the prison cell of Sir Walter Raleigh, known as the Bloody Tower, and the Chapel of St. John and the Royal Armories.
Arlington, VA
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Don't miss it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

The tour was informative and very entertaining. Even off season it draws a crowd. Give a little extra time and definitely take the guided tour.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Was awe inspiring, cant believe I had not visited on my previous London trips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

This iconic landmark took my breath away, it is amazing. We took the tube which drops you literally outside the gates, unfortunately I had missed the last tour to go inside so I will save that for my next visit to London.

London, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Not as how I remembered it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Got annual membership to Historic Royal Palaces for my birthday. Tower of London was first use. Have to say reason for visiting was to see the Crown Jewels and overall a gloomy and disappointing experience. Very dark not time to really look at the exhibits, and I am not an expert, but they all looked slightly fake. Displayed in very dark and miserable display cases, it's time it was modernised and more information and exhibits are required. When I was a child it seemed much more exciting and mysterious and some of the exhibits need removing, updating or removing e.g. Duke of Clarence drowning in a barrel was derisory. Ravens Cafe was appalling, a flat white coffee, did not taste at all of coffee, expensive and the member of staff was very defensive when we queried ratio of coffee to milk, tasted more like a very hot milky latte, need to get a franchise in like Costa or Cafe Nero. Gift shops were dated and over priced in my view. Overall a disappointing start to my annual membership, let's hope Kew, Kensington Palace and Hampton Court Palace are better.

Visited December 2013
Haarlem, The Netherlands
127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“A must do in London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is a must when visiting London. At first we thought the entrance fee was quite high (20), but when we left the site we all agreed it was worth it. The whole place has so much history and is really diverse. You have the ancient towers, the prison part, the crown jewels, the great view of the Tower Bridge, the Castle and it's all good. And we did not even manage to take a guided tour with a Beefeater.

Kansas City, Kansas
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“fun and informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Tower. It was so interesting, I even say fascinating. The history, the jewels, the beefeaters, all worth a visit if in London.

parenting tip: We took our maclaren stroller, it sucked. If you can park it somewhere, which I believe there are parking areas for them, do it! Hard to maneuver on the very old cobbles. Take turns carrying your little one and enjoy the visit much more than dodging cobbles!