8 people are viewing this hotel
US$403
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$348
Vio.com
US$327
PricelineUS$403
Hotels.comUS$348
Preferred HotelsUS$404
1,772 results
All reviews american bar green park game bird st james welcome home buckingham palace main building junior suite piccadilly circus wonderful hotel the ritz concierge staff quiet street five star hotel small hotel wonderful stay the location is perfect
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2019

This was our second visit to the Stafford. It is ideally situated in a quiet location between St James Street and Green Park. We arrived on a cold grey morning in March, tired from the long haul from Australia. We were immediately made to feel welcome by the friendly staff and given coffee by a cosy fire while our room was made ready. The atmosphere somehow manages to be sophisticated yet homely and very English. The restaurant is excellent, especially the smoked salmon trolley. I would never stay anywhere else when visiting London.

Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank Skye77
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Dear Skye77,
It's a pleasure to read your kind review following your second visit to us.
We really are wonderfully located for all the top attractions in London, but just tucked away enough to enjoy tranquility in the heart of St James'. I'm delighted to hear that you were made to feel welcome by the team following your long haul journey and I thank you for highlighting the beautifully appointed public areas. We are blessed with a wonderful heritage which we respect and cherish whilst continuing to evolve the hotel with all modern luxuries.
I'm sure we will have the chance to welcome you back 'home' again very soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

My partner booked an overnight stay at the Stafford as a birthday treat. And what a treat it was!!! What a truly wonderful hotel, marvellous staff, wonderfully located. Great bar, fab breakfast and our room exceptional. Made my birthday all that bit special. Thank you

Date of stay: April 2019
2  Thank Fearless742490

Dear Fearless742490,
Thank you for posting your review.
I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your Birthday visit to The Stafford and were able to enjoy so much of what we have to offer. We are so fortunate to have all of London's best offerings right on our doorstep and I thank you for highlighting the our marvelous staff, that really make all the difference.
Hope to see you again for the next celebration!

Reviewed April 20, 2019

I have been coming here for years and I never fail to enjoy my stay. the staff are friendly and efficient..I have always stayed in a Carriage House room and they have recently been upgraded. I admit I preferred the old American Bar but the new one makes dining a better experience. The new restaurant is excellent and well worth “eating in”.

Date of stay: April 2019

Dear anthonyb1943apb,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind review, we really appreciate all your support over the years!
Our newly refurbished Carriage House rooms and former royal stables, set within our 380-year-old Grade II listed building are a real treat and I'm so glad you have enjoyed the recent updates. I must also thank you for highlighting the outstanding dining experience in The Game Bird.
We hope to welcome you back for many years to come.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

I cannot fault our recent stay at The Stafford. My partner and I were in London for him to receive an award, and I booked this hotel to make our trip particularly memorable. It is difficult to describe how impressed I was with every aspect of our stay without resorting to cliched hyperbole.
After making our booking I was contacted in advance of our stay by Mr Holder, the Guest Relations Manager. He enquired whether there was anything he could do to help with our time in London. Mr Holder is the most courteous and professional person I have ever encountered in any aspect of hospitality. He struck exactly the right balance of being attentive without being obsequious and facilitated many extraordinary elements of our stay. As one tangible example of the attention to detail the staff at The Stafford pay, when we came back from the award ceremony we found in our room a card congratulating my partner on his award, as well as a stencilled outline in chocolate of the emblem of the awarding establishment on a decorative platter, accompanied by some handmade chocolate truffles.
We were upgraded to a suite - the room was incredibly comfortable and spacious. We had lunch in the restaurant on our first day where the food was delicious, and a few drinks in The American Bar.
What really marks The Stafford out is the staff. The welcome we were given by everybody felt warm and genuine, with courteous, caring approaches from everybody regardless of whether they were room keeping, front of house, in the restaurants or bars or just encountered out and about. This hotel really does represent the absolute best in British hospitality, and it has its staff to thank for that. If you want to feel genuinely cared about and welcomed in beautiful, luxurious surroundings, then I cannot think of anywhere better than this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank PXB321
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Dear PXB321,
What a pleasure it is to read your fantastic review!
It's all about creating memories here at The Stafford and the whole team, including our Guest Relations Manager Ned, take great pride in doing so.
I'm also glad you experienced so many different aspects of the hotel, including our famous American Bar and our fabulous Game Bird restaurant.
Most of all, its is very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed the little personal touches put on by the team and I must thank you for highlighting the excellent service you received throughout your stay.
We hope to see you both again very soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

We expectged a lot from this place. The location is great for sight-seeing and walking. Our (42 pound per person) breakfast was included, BUT my poached egg was raw, the omelette too salty to eat,,,, the towels were chamged every time we touched one - no request to recycle. Our room was good, exceppt for the 3 steps up to the bathroom which made it difficult for someone with a cane. The staff were friendly.

Date of stay: February 2019
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Dear CanBrit1,
Thank you for taking the time to write following your recent stay with us.
I am sorry to hear about your experience and I must apologize for the issues you experienced. It is clear we fell short of your expectations and our usual high standards.
If you would like to further discuss the points raised in your review, please do contact me directly at stuart.procter@thestaffordlondon.com