“had a absolutely fabulous stay.”
Review of The Ritz London

The Ritz London
Ranked #30 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 April 2012

i go the ritz very regularly has i have high standards, it is absolutely fabulous. the afternoon tea is fantastic, sandwiches lovely, the waiters catered to my every need. always very complimentary to me, made perfect by the piano playing while having my afternoon tea.
went in to the jewellers, best jewellers around. the suite room was the best it was like home from home. the ritz is truly amazing, i be back again soon.

Room Tip: book a suite room, fantastic.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank john w

Reviewed 8 April 2012

After 3 night at The Ritz London this easter, I feel I have found my new favorit Hotel. From you check in till you leave you are treatet as a royalty(or at least how I imagine royalties are treated). We has expected stiff and snobby staff, but they were quit the opposite, friendly and smiling all the time. In addition to the best service we have expirienced ever, the rooms are beautiful with everything you need, housekeeping is perfect and room service great. Its also a must to try The Ritz Club, a very special place. As this was not enough, The consierge service is probably one of the best in the world. Just speak to Andy and he will fix it. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Food_traveller32
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed here as a treat for my daughter's 21st birthday. Some minor hiccups to start with- room not ready, pre-ordered champagne not in room etc, but staff ran around to put things right, including upgrading us to a suite, which was fabulous. Nothing too much trouble for the staff, which really assures you will have an excellent stay.Particularly recommend the afternoon tea- expensive, but pretty much all you can eat. A word of warning- don't go into the Jewellers- you won't be able to resist.

Heartily recommended.

3  Thank sisgb
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Lunch with my mum (83) and daughter as mother's day present. Perfect from start to finish.Wonderful food, attentive staff and magnificent surroundings.Truly memorable made perfect by piano playing.

1  Thank wilma887
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Was expecting more when I took my grandparents here. Maybe I shouldn't have such high expectations...or maybe the Ritz needs to pull its act together. Either way it was an experience that I won't be reliving/

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Dylan D
Reviewed 24 March 2012

The hotel itself as a building was amazing like living an another time. However, the staffs behaviour was inadequate for a hotel like this and the prices the guests have to pay.

The only kind and helpful person I met was the night manager who tried to help us out with our internet connection. However, the internet connection was as slow as a dial up connection and definitely is not worth 26 pounds per day that the hotel charges!

I was amazed in a negative was from the breakfast time. The food was ok, although the buffet was very limited, but this was not the problem. There were like 10 people of the staff going around cleaning tables (because the time for breakfast had passed), people were washing the windows, and a guy was using an electric noisy vacum cleaner next to people trying to have their breakfast and have a nice time in this great breakfast room the ritz has. When I decided to leave and take my tea with me to my room one of the waiters said it was fine (although I do not know why would it not be fine to just take a cup of tea with me), but on my way out of the room another man of the staff told me I was not allowed to take my tea with me (!!!!!!!)

Finally, the receptionist upon arrival took like 15 minutes for registering me as a second guest because my ID was not helpful for him, and also told me I should bring another identification next time as if he was doing me a favor or I was doing something wrong.

I guess this could have been the best hotel ever IF the policy for the staff's behaviour was more appropriate for a 5 star hotel instead of behaving as if they work in a cheap 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank tinkerbell_edi
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Stayed at The Ritz for my husbands 40th birthday along with our 2 children. Everything was perfect from beginning to end. We had booked a suite and we were upgraded upon check-in to a much bigger suite with a wonderful view over Green Park. There was a cake and birthday message awaiting my husband from the ritz staff and gifts for the children too. all staff we encountered during our stay were wonderfully helpful and friendly and could not do enough for you. The hotel is simply beautiful and it would be impossible to find anything negative to say about the whole experience. Definitely worth every penny!

2  Thank LondonMac1