Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Book In Advance

from US$86.40
from US$30.10
from US$144.00
7,922 results
All reviews holocaust section blitz experience victoria cross ashcroft gallery on display interactive displays main hall free entry ww1 iwm tanks conflict trenches ww2 vc information guns
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I know it’s not the most important part of a museum visit but with an amazing, and very long traipse around it would be ideal to have a decent snack at the end/in the middle. £6.70 for the picture below. A tasteless coffee and walnut cake and a cup of tea in a paper cup! Please.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We were lucky to have a beautiful fall day with the leaves changing in the park surrounding the museum. The poppy exhibit on the outside of the museum was moving. The museum is well organized and had something for teenagers, kids, and my military history loving husband.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

So beautiful and the museum was exceptional loved learning so much, and heartbreaking going into the holocauste exhibition well worth a visit

Reviewed 2 days ago

The museum had a lot of information about the First World War and how it happened. There was lots of displays of equipment the soldiers used and what they wore. There even was a trench in the museum. Maps were also on display telling you where it started. It was very moving.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

The kids loved this visit. Great ww1 exhibition which really got them engaged and informed.
The Nazi Holocaust exhibition made me cry, but needs to be remembered. U14 can’t go into this part, but need to be be seen to understand the appalling history.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

My parents have both wanted to visit here for a while. So I thought I would tag along. The first thing you see are the big guns and then the weeping window of poppies. Absolutely breathtaking. There are 5 floors in total. The First World War floor was very moving and interesting. So much info. The holocaust floor will stay with you for quite a while after leaving. Such sadness and brutality. We were here for 5 hours and probably could of done longer.

Reviewed 3 days ago

This is my local museum and pass it a few times each week. We took our daughter and granddaughter to see the weeping window poppies. I did see the poppies at the tower and thought this was really well presented. we liked some of the other outdoor exhibits in the park and our granddaughter also loved playing on the swings etc in the children's playground.

Reviewed 4 days ago

I visited the museum in order to see the 2018 poppy window installation, which was lovely.
I then went inside for the WW1 Armistice exhibitions. Lovely exhibitions although very cramped, especially with all the people as there is not enough room to proper look.
Lots of nice exhibitions and particularly like the audio exhibit of people's memories of the Armistice.

Reviewed 4 days ago

We went to the Imperial War Museum and were well impressed before we entered the front doors. There was a large gun out front with shells bigger than me. Also, coming from the upstairs window was a fantastic display of poppies which were down the side of the house and onto the ground nearby. Once we entered, there was no entrance fee so we donated to the poppy appeal. There were lockers where you could put your shopping and coats for free. The displays were fantastic as most were touchable. There were many children there who were enjoying the day as they were learning about the past. This was a truly enjoyable day.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Disappointing from my last visit 10 years ago, museum seems less then half the size!
The Great Wall exhibition had hardly any artefacts on display.
Holocaust exhibition far to big.
WW2 was not really represented at all.
post 1945 conflicts non existent far to much arty farty rubbish!
Please get back to being a museum!

3  Thank Sunshine00248885167