Draycott Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
US$141
US$133
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$189
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$464
US$387
Hilton
  • Restaurant
All reviewssloane squaredrawing roomkings roadcadogan gardenspeter jonescomplimentary afternoon teahome away from homegas fireprivate gardenchelsea areahonor barenglish charmcharming hotelenglish hotelhonesty barsitting areachelsea flower show
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The Draycott Hotel is a peaceful oasis in a noisy, bustling , exciting city. We arrived late in the afternoon and were warmly welcomed and helped with our heavy luggage. This hotel is elegantly furnished without being stuffy or pretentious. We sadly missed afternoon tea, but were in time for free champagne in the delightful drawing room. Our room was beautiful, almost a suite, with a view of the gardens. Exquisite furnishings and high quality linens. Even the well appointed bathroom had a heated floor. It was like being a welcome guest in someone's lovely home. We were served a fine breakfast in their sun filled breakfast room. This was not cheap, but we felt it was worth every penny and would not hesitate to return there.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoyJackie
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I am not sure exactly how many times I have stayed at the Draycott, but I keep returning due to the warmth and hospitality! The staff is incredible and the location cannot be beat. Love the afternoon tea and champagne too! :-)

Room Tip: For a splurge, go for the garden view rooms!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed at The Draycott Hotel in London in August 2011 for one night. On arriving at the hotel we were personally greeted and welcomed into the reception area and were immediately shown to our deluxe double room which was a home from home. I immediately felt relaxed and in safe hands. On arrival we were also offered a complimentary glass of champagne which i think is a lovely touch and was very well received. Next we ordered dinner which was first class, a well varied menu offering the best of british cuisine. It was cooked to perfection and was beautifully presented. For pudding i fancied something with chocolate in. However, the cake of the day was fruit cake so i opted for that with a side of strawberries. To my delight and great suprise the gentleman bringing us our food brought me a chocolate cup cake that they had got in especially - very impressive and shows this hotel really go the extra mile to look after their guests.

My only criticism if any was the amount of scaffolding outside the window which meant we couldn't really look out over the beautiful garden. There was also a smell of fresh paint in the hallway into the room and the bathroom was a bit dated. Nonetheless a 5* stay that I would recommend to anyone and hope to visit again next time I am in that part of London.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura H
Reviewed July 29, 2011

It's in a fabulous location -- on a very quiet street one block away form a very busy/fun area (Sloane Square), including tube. (This is a residential area, which we prefer to stay in.) Our room was huge, which shocked both my husband and I. The decor of the hotel (including our room) is sort of home-style and is a bit worn in places but we quickly overlooked that since the room was huge, location amazing, super clean and had an extremely clean, good-sized bathroom. Every staff member we encountered was pleasant. The breakfast was good, so was tea and the evening snack. We loved it and were happy to come home to it every day. It's not cheap but for expensive London this place is a steal. I would give it 5-stars except I have to leave something for The Oriental in Bangkok!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CCR-NYC
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our family of five stayed at the Draycott Hotel, a beautiful hotel in a row of Victorian townhouses, just a block from Sloane Square and Kings Road, but on a very quiet side street. Its lovely, traditional English decor and our huge suite of rooms, along with a terrific breakfast, champagne reception in the drawing room in the late afternoons, the lovely garden and an extremely helpful staff made our stay a true delight. The concierge found two fabulous restaurants for us, at the last minute, both nights. We would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: The family suite was enormous. Kitchen with washer/dryer, and two huge bathrooms and another half bath.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family