“Amazing Afternoon tea :-)”
Review of The Capital Hotel

The Capital Hotel
Ranked #39 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 February 2012

we didnt stay in the hotel for accomodation, as we have family in london, but my friend and I decided to visit foe afternoon tea. First of all we arrived an hour early, we were greeted at the door by an extremely helpful and pleasant man, who I think was the concierge. He took our coats and bags and made us feel at home, then he showed us to the bar to have a refreshment while we waited. The bar was immaculate and very comfortable, and bar staff were also lovely.
After our drink, we were then shown to our table for the afternoon tea. It was a beautiful little room, with a great view to the street to people watch, the afternoon tea itself was devine, and very reasonably priced for the quality of the food and of course the service.
I would highly reccomend this hotel, and I think as a treat, the next time we visit London we may stay here!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
thecapitalhotel, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

I am so pleased to hear about your afternoon tea here at The Capital Hotel. Thank you for such a generous review and for sharing your experiences with us, Cesar who is central to our afternoon tea was delighted! We strive to make every guest visiting our hotel feel welcome, and I am so pleased to know that you were well looked after. We do hope to see you again very soon for tea and maybe even to stay.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We have stayed at The Capital twice in 12 months, for a week each time. Everything about the hotel is top class. Our apartment (yes, they have a few apartments) is always comfortable and housekeeping is excellent. The Concierge team have everything covered: tours, attractions, museums, and of course restaurants. Even if you think you know London, you will love their guidance. Hotel management are so professional in their effort to make our stay perfect.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. We are always striving to bring a personal touch to each person’s stay, and I am so pleased that you felt well taken care of! And yes, I too can’t get enough of those macaroons…I shall mention it to our pastry chef. He will be so pleased to hear this!

Reviewed 3 February 2012

I love this hotel, friendly, comfortable, quiet and a relief from the bigger chain hotels in London. We had very pleasant stay and will return again. Just a note, we were offered am upgrade but declined it however the room we were in was spacious and comfortable anyway - who needs an upgrade??!! (243 by the way) the complimentary macaroons were to die for too...

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank DATP
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We had a wonderful four nights at the Capital. This was the first time that we lived in a boutique hotel, and we think we will definitely stay at the Capital again at our next visit. Staffs are very friendly, and the location is great, close to Harrods and Hyatt Park. We went to play with squirrels in Hyatt Park every morning. The room is very comfortable, once on the bed, can immediately sleep. Breakfast is great, lots of choice. Free wifi, candies & bottled water are plus.
suggestion - better have coffee, tea & water boiler in the room, sometime, it's more comfortable to have hot drink in the room.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Aliana C
thecapitalhotel, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you so much for your very kind review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and especially that you slept so well which is after all the most important thing. We have Savoir beds in our rooms and they are exceptionally comfortable. We are very happy to put a tea and coffee tray into your room, please let us know when you make your reservation or during stay and we will organise this. I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon and I am sure the squirrels will be pleased to see you too!

Reviewed 25 December 2011

Everything is perfect about this hotel.. The location, the friendly staff, the rooms (even single room) and ofcourse the food.

I stayed here twice and it will always be my preferred hotel in london.. would select it over the dorchester anytime.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you so much, it is so lovely to hear feedback like yours. We are always delighted to welcome back our regular guests and hope that everyone can feel at home while they are staying here. I hope that I will be welcoming you back to the hotel soon, please contact me directly so that I can organise your next reservation once you know when you will be back in London. I look forward to speaking to you then.

With many thanks

Reviewed 13 December 2011

Amazing 5 star service - friendly but not overbearing.

Beautiful decor and atmosphere.

Excellent dining and cellar.

A really gorgeous experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

I cannot thank you enough for your very kind review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and also the restaurant during your visit. It means a great deal to the team and me to read praise such as this. I very much hope that we will be welcoming you back to the Capital soon, it would be a pleasure to help with any future bookings, please contact me directly.

Reviewed 8 December 2011

Stayed at the Capital for 2 nights to shop and sightseeing in London. Great location. Average hotel. King sized bed with a skinny bathtub with shower in main bath and a second bath with just a toilet and sink. hot water pipes warm your towels but watch your leg when on the toilet that you don't burn it. Lots of bath and shampoo products. Room service was nice. Key is on a block of wood and you need to leave it at the door when you leave the hotel and pick it up when you come back to the hotel. The price was outrageously expensive as most London hotels are.....

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank simonandv

Thank you for your review. We are very lucky to be so close to many exciting things in Knightsbridge and the centre of London and it is good to hear that our location suited your visit. I am also glad that you approved of our Kiehls bath products and other areas of the hotel such as room service. If I can ever help with a future booking please do not hesitate to contact me directly.