Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #307 of 1,067 Hotels in London
cumbria UK
“a treat”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

weekend away with friend and daughters
Great location - walking distance to covent garden,
a really nice old London area.-restaurants and shops nearby.
next to the British museum which was really interesting
very nicely decorated- lovely bar area
rooms really comfortable and nice extras in bathroom
breakfast above average
meal in evening really good- there was a special offer on for eating in the hotel which was good but hard to find out about
staff generally really pleasant and helpful but one receptionist was less than helpful.
manager very helpful re checking out invoice problem- also staff good re request to change rooms.
room with bay window and chairs and table would be my choice next time.
would def go again -if price right.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank Valcumbriauk
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Guest,

My team and I are delighted to know that you enjoyed your time in our hotel and found our location, size of the rooms and breakfast to be of great value.

I truly believe that we are one of the finest hotels of London, with an eye for delivering genuine hospitality to all guests in our company. My team is passionate to ensure our guests enjoy every moment with us, and your pleasant words are surely a great motivator to us all.

I hope on your next visit, you will have a moment to enjoy a few cocktails in our Bloomsbury St Bar or take time to sit back and relax whist treating yourself to an In-Room Spa treatment!

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know directly.

Hasnain N. Alloo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Staff were helpful on arrival and upgraded our room. Room was as we had hoped with tasteful decor. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel as it was overpriced. Excellent standards of cleanliness and everything we needed in our room. The bar and restaurant looked lovely though we didn't visit.

• Stayed March 2012
7 Thank MrandMrsOwens
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Guest,

WOW! it is such a pleasure to read your complimenting review on this forum.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the facilities in our hotel and hope that you are able to join us for Breakfast or dinner in our award winning Bloomsbury St Restaurant on your next visit to London.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Claverdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My wife had booked this as a surprise stay to celebrate my 65th! She had requested an early, 12:30pm, check in. At reception we were told that we had been upgraded to an Exclusive Studio Suite. But it wouldn't be ready for 30 minutes. That was fine. We used the complimentary £15 bar voucher and had a drink with our son and daughter in law (who were also staying there).
90 minutes later the room still wasn't ready so we left our bags with the concierge and headed off to the theatre.
On returning all was fine and there was even a complimentary bottle of wine chilling in a cooler.
The studio suite was large, bright and well appointed. The bed was really comfortable with feather pillows. The bathroom was huge with rain shower and bath. Totally dark at night so suggested a small night light to reception to aid navigation in the middle of the night.
One small problem is the large low-level table which has a glass cover with sharp edges. My wife knocked against this easily and received a cut to her leg.
Breakfast at £11.50 for the continental was average.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Michael R
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your pleasant comments about the Bloomsbury St Hotel.

I am delighted to pass your comments to my team for their efforts made your stay in our hotel so amazing! We are proud to be on the footsteps of the British Museum and never too far away from any shops that my interest you. May I kindly suggest that you try to stay in our newly refurbished one bedroom - King Suite on your next visit to London. This room definitely designed to impress and make statement of comfortable style and elegant 'luxury'.

If I can be of any help to plan your future stays please do not hesiate to contact me directly.

Washington, DC
Reviewed 28 March 2012

An excerpt of my letter to the General Manager of the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury St:
I am writing to let you know how incredibly impressed I am with your team at the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, London. Today I received a package from DHL with items I had left behind at your hotel. I honestly never expected to see them again, but someone boxed them up with great care and shipped them to my home.
Your staff went the extra mile – without being asked. That is over and above as far as I'm concerned.
I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you how much we enjoy staying at your hotel. We've lived in the U.S. for 20 years, but return home to England to see family several times a year and often stay in London as a base. We've "experienced" numerous hotels in London from The Dorchester to the Meridien Piccadilly, but have settled on your establishment as a home-from-home. It checks all of the boxes for us. Thank you for making it a consistently enjoyable experience each and every time we visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Reviewer1966
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Bloomsbury St Hotel and even more for taking time to share your positive experience with other travellers!

It is very encouraging that small gestures of the front line team are evidently noticed by our guests. My team was very touched by your review which is a great motivator to all, and I hope you will continue to join us in our hotel on all your future visits to London.

If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly via hotel reception or guest relations.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Five of us stayed here over a weekend in March.
The hotel is clean and its location is excellent.
The single room that I stayed in was very small - but its was well serviced and again very clean. The management are good and the Concierge was excellent. Just outside the front door is a bank of bikes for hire and we hired bikes and visited all the major sites on two wheels - its was great and I would recommend it. The cost was £1 a day for bike hire although the payment access was a little cumbersome.
This hotel is perfect for business and for shopping.
The main bar was poor and lacked atmosphere, The foyet is tiny and was poorly decorated in fact its not very welcoming. However the staff make up for it as they are very professional and well trained. The breakfast was excellent and what I have come to expect in the Rad Edwardians. Get an Irish Barman, improve the high chair area and put some life into the bar and you would have received another star from me.

Room Tip: Cant help here - The location is what you are paying for.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tonycontrol
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed here overnight on business. Friendly and very central but rooms very small as you would expect in the city centre.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gerard A
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of the Bloomsbury St Hotel.

Also, I am sorry that you found our standard rooms small but would like to clarify that all our standard rooms have a minimum of 15 sq mt. spaces - which is the norm for majority of hotels in the London at similar prices. May I please take this opportunity to remind you that we have an extensive collection of Deluxe rooms which offer a minimum space of 25 sq mts. which also includes a drink voucher worth £15 to be redeemed in our bar and other exciting benefits which make it really a lovely treat to book!

To this end, I trust you will reconsider joining us on your next visit to London.

If possible kindly contact me prior to your next visit to London so that I can personally show you our studio suites and King deluxe rooms.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Just returned from an overnight trip to London staying at the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury Street. We stayed in a standard room which although was a small space had everything you could need, wonderfully comfortable and luxurious plus a bigger than standard marbleised modern bathroom.

The room had flat screen tv wall mounted plus and ironing board, hairdryer (with a diffuser head) which is a rare treat for us curlies!!! Plus kettle & mini bar all neatly tucked away within the wardrobe space thus left the room looking clutter free!

The hotel itself was very modern and the restaurant, bar and lobby were all spotless and well presented.

Staff were always courteous and helpful and the concierge was very good allowing us to store our luggage when we arrived early at 12noon although our room wasn't ready at this time (I think check in us 3pm) they allowed us to leave bags and check in the we simply picked up our keys and went to the room when we'd finished our day at around 5pm which meant we didn't have to eat into our time to return to check in!!!

Note they do take a £50 deposit at checkin in advance of bar bill/minibar charges but this was credited back to our account at checkout.

Minibar was expensive at £2.50 per can soft drink but hey it is London and there are perfectly good shops right outside or numerous bars!

There is also an ice machine in the lobby.

Our room was on the third floor and had double glazing so minimal traffic noise also there's air con which we certainly needed this weekend when temps reach 22degrees ( a rare treat for March)

We chose the hotel specifically for its close proximity to the British Museum and boy where we close is say a one minute walk across the road and bang right at the main entrance to the museum - perfect!!!

Also tottenham court road tube station is less than a five min walk away and we chose to walk into the covent garden/Leicester square and it took us 5-8mins absolute max
Also it's about 10min -15 easy walk to the centre of Oxford Street so id say a perfect hotel

We paid £180 for a one night stay which is a medium priced London hotel but well worth spending a few more pounds to have a better location and comfort level

Breakfast was lovely, it was included in our price or chargeable at £21pp a great choice of full English, continental style breads cheeses, croissants plus cereals and fresh fruits/yoghurts/probiotic drinks/juices and hot beverages

A lovely hotel would certainly stay again!

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank flibbidyjib
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your pleasant, detailed and encouraging comments on this forum!

I am delight that our hotel rooms which have been decorated in calming, neutral tones, accented by rich colours and fabrics were to your liking.

Set in a delightful area close to Covent Garden and surrounded by quiet Georgian squares, the Bloomsbury Street Hotel is a perfect base for a shopping trip to Oxford Street, for catching a show at a West End theatre, or enjoying a cultural weekend exploring the museums and art galleries of London!

I trust to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to London.