3,289 results
All reviewsbritish museumcovent gardenwest enddeluxe roomoxford sttheatre landlovely hotelan upgradeexcellent locationmini barcentral locationbooked this hotelsmall roomfew minutes walktube stationafternoon teabloomsbury
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here for three nights at the beginning of this year. Overall, we were very pleasantly surprised. The location can't be beat - within walking distance of the British Museum, Soho, Covent Garden and Oxfrod street, for example. The décor is extremely modern and the room we requested, on a high floor was quiet and absolutely enormous. After a particularly long and eventful day, we were too tired to go out and the hotel's room service turned out to be a pleasant surpised. We also dined at the hotel restaurant and found the food to be quite good. We were extremely well waited on. Customers should be advised that the reason we could not grant the REBSH five stars was basically the bar, which is just off the lobby and the concierge, very badly heated and with unbelievable loud music. I have never heard such loud music outside a club. No exaggeration - loud, pounding, impossible to hold a conversation. On the plus side, Kumar Mishra (I hope I got his name right as this review is long overdue) skilfully steered us out of a very uncomfortable and nightmarish situation when I had a scary problem with my bank card upon checkout. I walked across the street to withdraw cash to pay for the hotel and transportation to Heathrow and, to my surprise, my account had been blocked. There we were, bags packed, extremely early in the morning, with an international flight to catch and not a penny to our names. Every traveler's worst nightmare, Kumar Mishra simply added one hundred pounds to the bill and gave us cash back. This was done with lightning efficiency and friendliness (the same friendliness with which we were received by one of a young Mexican fellow when we checked in - unfortunately, I cannot remember his name) - the sftaff is very multicultural and ON THE BALL. "No problem" seems to be their motto, All of this took more time than we had set aside to get to Heathrow and, although morning traffic can be brutal, and the whole checkout process consumed a good deal more time than I had planned for what with my running back and forth and up and downstairs in a panic, BTW, the driver the hotel assigned to us was also an ace and got us to Heathrow off the M4 motorway (which I believe was cllsoed, anyway) through side streets, and back streets at lightning speed but always observing safety and traffic signs. What a relief! Complimentary mineral water. Bathroom huge, as was the room but odd things like towel racks at some distance from the shower/tub.

Room Tip: Request high floor to back
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed her for 4 nights on a weekend break, rooms comfy and have everything you need. TV had main channels. Bathroom supplies lovely. But as expected for a City hotel room it is small. Only strange thing was wardrobe being in the bathroom. Really central to get around with 5 min walk to both Oxford st and Covent Gardens. Accross the road from British Museum. Bar very quiet of a night and for the atmosphere we maybe should have chosen the Mercer Street hotel as it was more buzzy later on and had others at the bar.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel and for taking the time to post this review. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our rooms comfortable. Thank you for your compliments on the amenities we offer, as a company we have a passion for luxury and service in an eco friendly environment.  As a result we use The Bee Kind range of toiletries, a rich blend botanical ingredients and unique aromas from around the world which creates a truly amazing product to ensure our carbon footprint is kept to a minimum.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Best customer service I have received in a London hotel, by far. Check in staff were great and concierge even went out of their way to find me an item I needed for a fancy dress outfit!!

Great location for the West End.

Room was comfortable enough, but I had the "disabled room" so not fair to review properly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

We appreciate your time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Made to feel so welcome - as usual. The location is amazing if wanting to go up west and everyone us so friendly and helpful

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank sallyBrown2

Dear Reviewer

Thank you on your compliments on our Location, we are indeed in the heart of the West End and within walking distance of theatres, Covent Garden Opera House, and the restaurants of Soho. The shops of Oxford Street are close by, and just 50 metres down the road the delights of the British Museum can be explored too.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the Radisson Blu Bloomsbury for four nights on business. I was extremely impressed by the quality and level of service I found at this hotel.

The lobby and lounge area are very functional and comfortable. Check in was very fast and friendly, having arrived from the U.S. before the official check in time, the front desk went out of their way to find an available room for me for no extra charge.

The room was located on the fifth floor and was a business class king room. The room was very comfortable, well decorated and functional. Everything that you could possibly need in a room was present and well laid out. The bathroom was by far my favorite feature with both a large tub and a rain shower that was perfect after a long day. The bed was extremely comfortable and there were windows you could open or use the A/C which worked very well, something important for those who like a cold room at night. There room has a modern TV (although as we all know the UK only has 5 channels), coffee maker and even 110 V outlets for U.S.

I used the fitness facility and though it was rather small, it was well maintained with modern equipment. The restaurant in the lobby area was very nice with fantastic service. I had breakfast every morning and while the food was standard hotel breakfast fare, the staff was very friendly and efficient.

I would have no problem returning to this hotel. The location was fantastic for my work and for restaurants and entertainment nearby. The staff is wonderful and the hotel is comfortable, modern, well maintained and stylish.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for staying at The Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to experience our Deluxe King Rooms, which are indeed generously spacious and worthy of the title! Besides more room to relax in peace and privacy, our deluxe rooms also include: Luxury bathrobe, complimentary bottled mineral water, complimentary movie every night of your stay, complimentary WIFI and a complimentary drink at the bar “subject to rates booked and conditions”