Before my wife and I arrive, I had some unexpected issues/ concerns regards on my credit card back at home, well in the end, the hotel is able to accede my requests while successfully reserved my room. I could only said is the trust the hotel have in me. Arrived from Paris on 06 Feb 2012, it was around Mid-day. The receptionist and Ranjit (Manager) greeted us with a smile. Settled the check-in process quickly. Ranjit brought us to our room which is on the top floor (3rd level) located at the rear (Met my request again). He showed us where were the lights, how to access the tv, how to manipulate the AC remote, emphasizing to us the drinks in the mini fridge and the cookies/hot beverages are complimentary! Seriously, which hotel staff would bother to do that? Unless you are VIP or booked the most expensive suites etc. =)
Here the Score Board:
1) Service: Very Good. One of the bedside wall light bulbs burst which caused the electricity in my room to trip on one day. I made a call down, the lady (Black long hair) receptionist fixed it within 15mins. Then the next day, they replaced the faulty light bulb without my reminder.
2) Value: Worth it for 95 pounds per night which includes a simple fare breakfast. For breakfast, i would suggest the hotel could change its varieties of food on alternate days so it would not become repeative for guests who stay on a longer period terms.
3) Sleep Quality: Booked the room (no 24). Good choice for light sleeper. Bed and pillows were comfortable. But i could still heard a soft "trembling" sound of the large vehicles whenever it whizz past the hotel.
4) Cleaniness: Very Clean. Though there are some scratch marks left on the wall. Perhaps is caused by dragging lugguage.
5) Location: Its abit away from city centre London. 40mins to town. Which i guess is the only trade-off of this hotel. Personally, we are fine with it for the rate we are paying. 5mins walk to Hendon Central Tube station. Some Restaurants/ cafes, supermarket are just nearby.
6) Room: Room space and wardrobe are much larger than than the one we stayed in Paris. Haha. Likes the rain shower head, free drinks in the mini fridge, compliementary Free Wifi. The design of the toilet paper roll handle in the bathroom doesnt really serves its function. Too often, the toilet paper roll dropped off easily from the supporting handle when using it.
Overall. Its a wonderful choice for a little hotel in London. I would be back here again for sure. Thank you.
Regard Mr Ng (Singapore)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Agoda, LateRooms, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Hide London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hide London Hotel London