“Absolutely perfect!”
Review of The Hide London

The Hide London
Ranked #55 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This is the ideal hotel for people who don't have thousands of dollars to spend on hotels in London. While it is a little bit outside of the city's main attractions, it is a very short walk from a Tube station that takes you right into town. Our room was extremely neat and clean, the bathroom had a fantastic shower, and the rooms come with a complimentary tea/coffee maker, fridge stocked with non-alcoholic drinks, and luxury toiletries. The morning breakfast was delicious, and the staff was incredibly kind and helpful. On top of it all, you have complimentary access to the fitness club right down the street. It was amazing! We plan to stay there whenever we go to London! You will enjoy it.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

As a traveler on a budget, I've always had a hard time finding a good value in London, but I feel like I've finally found my perfect hotel for London! While it is true that it is in a residential neighborhood, it is a two minute walk to a tube station on the Northern line which will zip you directly down to the theater district. I traveled for a weekend to see shows in the West End, and this was perfect! We could easily get into town early enough to buy last-minute tickets from the box offices, and if you plan to be out all day seeing the sights, you really don't need a place any closer to the city center. It is a trade-off that you need to consider, but for me, the quality of the hotel and all of the extras included in the room rate outweighed the location by far. Their breakfast buffet was extensive and filling, and the extra touches - like water, tea, coffee, and sodas in the room - all included - were great. The staff even brought us tea and cookies while we waited for the airport taxi. On that note, we used the hotel to arrange a taxi to and from Luton airport. The rate was competitive, and with two people, not much more expensive than public transport. I will definitely be back to the Hide London - loved it!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Seattletude
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Hide for three nights and have no complaints whatsoever. When we arrived the room was spotless, the toilet even had a paper seal on it to ensure it was 100 % clean. Big shower, good water pressure, lots of towels, flip flops, L'Occitane shaving kit... And that's just the bathroom! The staff was very helpful indeed, the breakfast good (free fresh made cappuccino!) and the tube a mere 2 minute walk away. For all this I didn't mind at all the 25 minute ride to Leicester Square :-)
Will visit again!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank JanHeidal
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Beautifully converted from some spacious1930s houses (not 20s/50s/60s as seen in other reviews!), this chic hotel is just a couple of minutes' walk from Hendon tube station, and is on the same side of the road (and not as shown on google maps - we got lost!).
We had a warm welcome from the friendly staff and the room, although not huge, was clean, stylish and had everything we needed. There were many thoughtful touches, such as the tissues and the free soft drinks in the fridge. I loved the huge shower (no bath) and nice toiletries.There was a hairdryer and large flat-screen TV, tea and coffee-making facilities. Our room was at the front of the hotel overlooking the 'motorway' that is the Hendon Way, but such is the soundproofing that I didn't notice the traffic. The lady whose room was at the back obviously wouldn't agree with me but I can honestly say that the road noise was just a background hum. Airconditioning effective and quiet.
The hotel has a bar/pleasant breakfast room. Breakfast was a lovely self-service buffet with fruit, toast, pastries, yogurt and a selection of cheese and ham. They have a proper coffee machine so you can ask for a capuccino etc.
Note that although Hendon has good transport links (frequent buses, plus tube & overground trains) it is a long way from the centre of London and that if you've come to do the sights you'd be better off near Oxford St, Covent Garden (for the theatres) or South Kensington (museums).
Hendon has many restaurants (note to other reviewer: some of them are in side roads - look on Google!) and shops, some a bit more salubrious than others, but we felt safe. Brent Cross shopping centre is walking distance (use the underpass down from the hotel).
But we needed to be in Hendon and I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank MirandaGoshawk
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Before my wife and I arrive, I had some unexpected issues/ concerns regards on my credit card back at home, well in the end, the hotel is able to accede my requests while successfully reserved my room. I could only said is the trust the hotel have in me. Arrived from Paris on 06 Feb 2012, it was around Mid-day. The receptionist and Ranjit (Manager) greeted us with a smile. Settled the check-in process quickly. Ranjit brought us to our room which is on the top floor (3rd level) located at the rear (Met my request again). He showed us where were the lights, how to access the tv, how to manipulate the AC remote, emphasizing to us the drinks in the mini fridge and the cookies/hot beverages are complimentary! Seriously, which hotel staff would bother to do that? Unless you are VIP or booked the most expensive suites etc. =)

Here the Score Board:
1) Service: Very Good. One of the bedside wall light bulbs burst which caused the electricity in my room to trip on one day. I made a call down, the lady (Black long hair) receptionist fixed it within 15mins. Then the next day, they replaced the faulty light bulb without my reminder.

2) Value: Worth it for 95 pounds per night which includes a simple fare breakfast. For breakfast, i would suggest the hotel could change its varieties of food on alternate days so it would not become repeative for guests who stay on a longer period terms.

3) Sleep Quality: Booked the room (no 24). Good choice for light sleeper. Bed and pillows were comfortable. But i could still heard a soft "trembling" sound of the large vehicles whenever it whizz past the hotel.

4) Cleaniness: Very Clean. Though there are some scratch marks left on the wall. Perhaps is caused by dragging lugguage.

5) Location: Its abit away from city centre London. 40mins to town. Which i guess is the only trade-off of this hotel. Personally, we are fine with it for the rate we are paying. 5mins walk to Hendon Central Tube station. Some Restaurants/ cafes, supermarket are just nearby.

6) Room: Room space and wardrobe are much larger than than the one we stayed in Paris. Haha. Likes the rain shower head, free drinks in the mini fridge, compliementary Free Wifi. The design of the toilet paper roll handle in the bathroom doesnt really serves its function. Too often, the toilet paper roll dropped off easily from the supporting handle when using it.

Overall. Its a wonderful choice for a little hotel in London. I would be back here again for sure. Thank you.

Regard Mr Ng (Singapore)

Room Tip: Rooms located on the top and rear are quieter. No lifts in the hotel. So if you bring many lugguages...
1  Thank HyTheTg
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed at The Hide for 6 nights in January. As other reviewers have identified The Hide is located only a short walk from Hendon Central underground station, which is an approx 30 minute ride into Liecester Square. On arrival (early in the morning, following an overnight flight), we recieved a warm and friendly welcome, and were very kindly offered a cup of tea and breakfast, before being able to check into our room early. We stayed in a classic room, which was a quiet room at the back of the hotel. The room was smallish in size, but very tastefully decorated, clean and modern, with a great shower. Breakfast is included in the price and includes a good range of options, served in a nice breakfast room. Overall, The Hide is a modern, boutique hotel with friendly staff and personal service at a very competitive price for London.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katiekeating
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Lovely hotel, friendly and efficient staff, great breakfast. Would recommend and return again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.