Open today: 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Ways to Experience Westminster Abbey
from US$26.80
from US$87.00
from US$76.30
from US$92.30
20,670 results
All reviews audio guide buried here coronation chair jeremy irons unknown soldier mary queen of scots isaac newton verger tour lady chapel evensong service beautiful church royal wedding london pass british history historical figures awe inspiring amazing history
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I've been fortunate to visit London a number of times over the years and always look forward to the Abbey as the highlight of my trip. If you have any interest in English history, or royalty, or beautiful architecture, you should, too. The Abbey is a wonderful place. It is also one of those places where, to get the fullest appreciation for all that is there, and its history and meaning, you really should hire a private guide. The Abbey's website even mentions the Blue Badge Guides as an option. Not only do they know just about everything you could want to know, they also are able to bypass the usual long lines of visitors waiting to get in. I've used them several times and our guide this Trip, Augusta Harris, was just brilliant. In fact, the day before we toured inside, we toured the outside, along with the Mayfair/Westminster area - it was Commonwealth Day and we happened to arrive at the front entrance just as the Royal Family was arriving for the ceremony. We got to see the P.M,. the Queen, Charles & Camilla, William & Kate, and Harry & Megan pull up and enter the Abbey( not in that order ). You probably won't get such an opportunity, but one never knows!
If you have a guide, he or she will of course point out the most impressive features. If you don't, I suggest at least doing a bit of research before you go, so you don't miss things. Be sure to pay your respects to Britain's Unknown Soldier, who lies near the entrance; check out the coronation chair and poet's corner, The RAF chapel and some of the kings and queens you heard about in history who lie buried there. You can have a nice visit and see the main things in a couple of hours, or you could easily spend a day or more. It ought not to be missed.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We’ve just finished trying to tour all of Westminster Abby - it’s Huge, it’s Magnificent, it’s so interesting. We did have a fairly long line to get in, but it moved quickly. Please try to respect no photo policy - they told me I can download pics from the internet. Very busy place but oh so interesting and awe inspiring. You need to go!

1  Thank Lynne B
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Nothing special, although we couldn't get inside. We spent roughly half an hour to walk around it and continued with the rest of our tour.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

This is a active church, and the visiting hours are limited (9:30-3:30) when I was there, but need to verify. We missed it the first day and had to come back the second day. This is a Church, but I honestly had the feeling that it was more like a cemetery and a mausoleum to the past monarchs. I found it very interesting, but my wife (who does not like cemeteries) did not enjoy it very much. I do think it is a must see, and you can spend 30 minutes or several hours depending on your interests.

1  Thank oceanadventurerPADI
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Lovely place to visit especially early in the morning to beat the crowded lines .
The gothic architecture is outstanding