I spent a lot of time choosing my London hotel, so I had very high expectations of base2stay, and I wasn't disappointed. From the moment I arrived in the early morning the staff were welcoming and helpful. I was unable to check in until 2pm, but they held my luggage and gave me access to the wireless internet before I headed out again. Two staff members even helped carry my bags to the room when I returned exhausted later in the day, which was very kind and unexpected.
The room itself was perfect! It's clear that a lot of thought has gone into designing the rooms for maximum comfort and usability. The mini kitchen was wonderful and neatly hidden away in cupboard so you wouldn't even know it was there with the doors closed. It never felt like there was a kitchen in the bedroom. Since I was there for ten days I chose the standard double for a little extra room, and it was perfect. It was actually bigger than I expected, with plenty of room for luggage, and a large wardrobe for storage. It was more than enough room for one. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable, and the bathroom was very well designed with a fabulous shower, large fluffy towels and a heated towel rail that's perfect if you're inclined to do some light hand washing while you're there. Mostly I was impressed by the little things I often find lacking in other hotels - the window that actually opened was a big bonus, as was the ability to turn off the air conditioning. There was a practically placed full-length mirror, a large, easily accessible mirror in the bathroom, and bright overhead lighting as well as multiple, well-located power sockets made for a very user-friendly room.
On top of all that, the location is fantastic. A short walk from Earl's Court with easy access to the tube and buses, plenty of restaurants and pubs, supermarkets and pretty much any kind of amenity you could need. Don't forget to ask staff about discount vouchers for nearby restaurants, they're very good value indeed. I could not have made a better choice for my London stay, I actually looked forward to getting back to the hotel at the end of the day, and it soon felt like "home". I loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original base2stay hotel, now called The Nadler Kensington is an exciting hotel concept in London, located in a fabulous location next to a quiet Kensington Garden Square. This original townhouse and mews has been interior designed to provide all guest rooms with air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, HDTVs with 6,000 track music library, internet and games, mini-kitchen, 24-hr Reception & Concierge Service, daily maid service and oversized power showers or baths. The Nadler Kensington has excellent transport connections and is in close walking distance of Earl's Court tube station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Nadler Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base2stay Kensington London
- Base2stay Kensington Hotel London
- Base 2 Stay