“Great location” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Sherman Oaks, Ca
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights at the recommendation of a friend. The hotel rooms are small (we got a basic room for 2 adults), but this hotel has everything you need. The tea/coffee service in the mini-kitchen was perfect to get us going in the morning or to settle down in the evening. Didn't use the microwave at all. One great thing about this hotel is the location. It is on a very quiet street. After walking past the Bentleys and Maseratis in the driveways from the tube, I knew we were in a very exclusive area. The tube stop is less than 5 minutes away. There are plenty of restaurants in the area along with a laundry service, post office, and market. This hotel was very, very clean and so quiet. I never heard any street noise or my neighbors. We stayed in room G12. Bring your own lotion and conditioner. They are not provided, only a basic hair and shower gel. The hotel also has many discounts at local restaurants (20% off). We ate all our breakfast meals at Balens and found it an excellent choice (20% off).

Room Tip: Stayed in room G12, very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank janice s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I recently stayed at Base2stay and the experience was great! Having checked out early & unexpectedly from another hotel we disliked, Base2stay was able to accommodate us in the late night and give us an awesome rate. The manager on duty was fantastic and the room was clean and absolutely perfect. Not to mention the location is amazing. It's 2 minutes from the tube and the hotel is situated on a quiet, picturesque street so you're able to sleep peacefully. Next time I return to London, I will absolutely be booking this hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MissyF3
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We booked Base 2 Stay in London for our 4-day stay in the city. This hotel is small, but in a great location only 1-2 blocks from Earl's Court Tube station. The hotel itself is quite upscale and modern. It is basic, but with all the modern ammenities one would like and need. It is close to markets and restaurants. The staff were very helpful upon our arrival, having never visited London before. They allowed us to leave our luggage until check in time so we could begin exploring. I would recommend this hotel as a not-so-expensive, nice place to stay in London.

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were basically the same.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank JackieM67
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is a Find! I stayed in a single room, about the size of my dorm room at college but with a connecting bath, for 10 nights and found everything about the stay very good. The room, though small, was beautifully designed, like a cabin on a ship. Having a kitchenette - behind attractive wooden doors - was a big help in keeping the meal costs of my vacation lower than I expected. Bed was very comfortable with a good reading light. Shower was perfect; roomy with excellent pressure and lots of hot water. The staff were uniformly helpful and responsive but not intrusive. The hotel is ideally situated for the tourist or business traveler - quiet street, 3 blocks walk from Earls Court Underground station and not much farther from Cromwell Road. Staying at this hotel was the perfect base for the best vacation I've had.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Judith D
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here a couple of years ago on my first trip to London. At that time, we stayed in a superior room (I think) in mid winter. This time coming in April, the prices were higher, so I elected to stay in a bunk bed room with my 18 year old daughter. They had warned me that it was 'compact' and they weren't kidding. If my daughter hadn't been carrying almost everything she own and her guitar, on her way back to uni, it would have worked beautifully.
The bathroom is bright and clean, with nice toiletries. the towels are nice and big, too, with the added pleasure of a heated towel bar. The single bed was comfortable and felt much larger than a single.
We arrived before our room was ready and left everything at the front desk. By the time we returned, our bags were in the room, which was a relief. We stocked up on some breakfast goodies, knowing that there was a fridge and microwave, along with a water boiler.
We asked for dinner recommendations locally and they suggested an Italian restaurant nearby as well as a Greek restaurant. They both looked good, and we chose the Italian and weren't disappointed.
Upon leaving, the man on duty carried the heavy bag for us and also put it into the taxi. I should add that he also called a taxi for us when we realized that the underground station we needed, was not equipped with either escalator or an elevator.
I won't even bother looking for hotels in London with this one so convenient. Coming over from Europe on the Eurostar, we caught the Picadilly line west to Earls Cross and walked about 1/2 km to the hotel.

Room Tip: If you like to have windows open, ask for a room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Joan_in_Belgium
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here in March 2012 for a short business trip, and it was just fine. Although the room was very small, it was also quite comfortable, with a good working television (flat-screen), comfy bed, desk space, and relatively spacious bathroom. There was a candy and soda machine on my floor, which was also quite convenient. I left my suitcase at the front desk after checking out to pick up later that afternoon, which was no problem. the desk staff were very helpful and friendly, happy to show me where the nearest restaurants were and gave me a free map to help with getting around. The hotel is only one block from the Earl's court tube station (one of the few tube stops with lifts, which helped a lot when travelling with a large suitcase!). Easy and cheap to get back and forth from Heathrow airport, just take the Piccadilly line direct from Heathrow to Earl's Court (or going the other way).

Room Tip: There is a lift, so any floor should be fine. I stayed on the first floor which was very convenient...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank AquaBlu
Reading
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here with my partner on Saturday and was really impressed. I was running the London Marathon and wanted a place where I could prepare my own breakfast in the morning. The kitchen facility was perfect for my pre-race porridge and fruit and meant that I could eat immediately rather than having to wait in a hotel restaurant. We had a ground floor room directly behind reception and I was a bit worried about noise from other guests returning home as I needed a good nights sleep but this didn't prove to be a problem what so ever, really good soundproofing. The hotel is about 5 mins walk from Gloucester Road tube station (rather more after a 26.2 run) and allowed easy access around town. I would definately recommend Base2Stay and intend to return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple