1,183 results
All reviewsearls courtluggage roomtube stationyogurtrestaurants and shopsbed was comfortablecoffee machinerooms are smallsupermarketundergroundhairdryer
Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

One night stay recently.

My impression was mixed.

Location was excellent. Very near Earls Court tube. Ideal.

Check in was ok but wanted 30 pounds on my card for incidentals / damage which is ridiculous. I do not trash hotel rooms.

The room was small but clean though I did not get a great sleep for some reason. Other guests were not particularly noisy but I could hear them talking and wandering about at all hours.

Continental breakfast was included.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Khatin M, Manager at City Continental London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Dear GLASGOWTRAVELLER_8,

Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with your valuable feedback relating to your stay with us here at City Continental Kensington Hotel.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel.

Please note we do not charge £30 but pre-authorizing cards for incidentals in case if our guests need to pay for extras. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with this procedure.

We certainly spend a lot of effort to maintain our facilities always on top level and therefore appreciate your feedback as they are the ones we learn from, and use to improve.

Looking forward to seeing you at our hotel in the near future .

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Room was absolutely tiny barley enough room to move around. You couldnt access the bed from either side only the end so unless you are prepared to crawl on dont bother. Door system didnt work and was given a key in replacement. No help or showing you to the room by staff. On checkout the so called secure luggage system was wide open when we came back to collect our bags and then they didnt even bother to check our ticket against them. Anyway not happy. Grossly overpriced. The only good thing about this hotel is its proximity to earls court station.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Justine T

Dear Justine T,

We are sincerely concerned and apologies that we fell short on your expectations in some areas such as: size of the room, key card issues, luggage storage system and service provided.
Please note that we are renewing our door system and soon we will be having brand new key cards and rooms will be easily accessible.
Regarding luggage room system we always monitor our storage room with CCTV and making sure all items inside are safe, as well as accompanying our guests and offering to help with their luggage. I am sorry to hear that luggage system procedure was not followed accordingly and I can assure you that appropriate actions and training will be taken to make sure this does not happen again in future.
Looking forward to seeing you at our hotel in the near future and having an opportunity to prove ourselves to you.

Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

The location of this place is wonderful, close to everything you need, but the facilities are a bit lacking.
Our rooms air conditioning unit had issues on the first day and wouldn't turn off. Even after that issue was fixed the unit only ever set to one temperature and our room was boiling as a result. Other than that everything else was just a bit average.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Tim K, Manager at City Continental London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Dear Jess B,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

I can confirm that engineers have been called out to resolve air conditioning units issues and these have now been rectified.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am glad you found the location of City Continental Kensington to your advantage.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback.

Tim Kenworthy

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

This is not my first stay at this hotel, however it's been a while. My last visit was disappointing , however I gave it the benefit of doubt for a previous positive experience

This visit I have experienced the same disappointment, I won't be using the hotel again

Check in ok, not a particular warm welcome, however not impolite. I was asked this time to pay a £30 deposit on my card. When I asked why, I was informed in case I caused any damage, not a good omen and a definite change in hotel policy. I refused to allow the hotel to use my card for this new policy and the man relented

My room was a single room in the basement and as before the room was freezing cold , I switched on the wall heater and nipped out for food. Upon return the room remained freezing, the heater had switched itself off. I had a feeling this may happen so I hadn't unpacked my bad. I returned to reception to explain, the man said the heater was fine and went down to the room to prove this. I explained yes the heater switches on, however it quickly switches off again. After a bit of umming and ahhing, he asked me if I wanted to move rooms I said I did and we walked back up to reception

A new room allocated on the 2nd floor, the man went up to make sure the heating worked and returned to give me the key. Upon entry to the room I could tell straight away the heating worked, it was much warmer
This room was nicer than the last in terms of decor, bathroom although small was nicely decorated and clean

Although my room was sorted, as this is the second negative experience and it felt like hard work to sort out, I'm definitely not going to book again. When it's cold outside and u have worked a long day you just want to get to your hotel and relax

The rooms upstairs are clearly far nicer than the basement , the electronic key cards don't work in the basement rooms, they are not as nice in every sense , so why when the hotel has lots of vacancies do they allocate these rooms, it makes no sense and makes u feel that customer satisfaction is not a priority

I've rated average purely on the fact that the new room was decent

Not a great experience city continental and completely unnecessary in my opinion

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Khatin M, Manager at City Continental London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

Dear Lmarieevans,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our property.

Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival.

Per your comments, we have called out AC engineers to check why this problem occurred during your stay and necessary replacements taken place.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 16, 2017

I have stayed in this hotel and had a wonderful experience. The location is in extremely well situated part of the city. The rooms were beautifully decorated, clean and modern. Every member of staff we encountered was warm, friendly, helpful and professional.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Elmar A,

Thank you very much for staying here with us at City Continental Kensington Hotel and taking the time to review our property.

It is always a great pleasure to read feedback such as yours and I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, the service and our location.

I will make sure to pass on your comments to the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards,