“A genuinely great stay”

Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel
Ranked #290 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Stayed here with my wife for about a week and I was very impressed by our experience.I would reccomend this hotel to anybody travelling to London with no hesitations.Really enjoyed our stay. Location of Premier Inn is great, just 5 minustes walk from Earls Court Underground Station.Reception staff was excellent, friendly and
very accommodating to all our requests. Clean restaurant, bit small for breakfast,
good food. Staff in the restaurant very helpful and
polite. Speedy and friendly service. Special thanks to Czech girl Kate always willing to help
. Very helpful delivering excellent service.
This hotel gives a sense of value for money. I would highly recommend this hotel.
Great service, good value, great location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Caroline D, Manager at Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay here at Premier Inn London Kensington Olympia. I am delighted that you found the experience to be a positive one.

Here at Premier Inn we really do pride ourselves on our excellent standards and high levels of customer service. I am so glad that you found this to be the case.

I do hope to welcome you back here again with us soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

First you pay (the full amount), then you enter the room! They asked for a fax from the person who had booked the room for me so they could charge his credit card, that's normal, BUT he couldn't send it at that moment because of his work (he is a doctor in a hospital), he told them on the phone that he would send it in an hour, and they didn't allow me to enter the room, and I had to wait more than half an hour until I paid with my credit card so I could enter the room and have a shower, at last, after a long trip. When I finally went to the room I realized that the room (No 25 on the ground floor) had a window facing a brick wall in 4 meters distance and it was sealed (as all windows in all rooms - for safety reasons they said), the internal height of the room was 2.20 meters in half room and 2.00 in the other half, and I had to open the door to the corridor to refresh the air in the room after the shower I had (air conditioning not efficient)!!! I asked to change room and the same girl at the reception desk (who was very unwilling to help since the beginning of my arrival) said that they were fully booked and she could do nothing. When the manager arrived she found a room but she didn't know if the new one had a window facing a wall or not (so, they have a lot of these)! The new room was smaller but I could see the sky from the window and not a brick wall. I travel abroad 4 to 5 times a year and this was the WORST wellcome ever, mainly because of the girl at the reception. The rest of the staff was polite and helpfull. It' s some kind of "mass" hotel, they don't know how to treat a customer, to make him feel confortable and have a pleasant stay. AVOID IT.

2  Thank Dimitrios N

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay here at Premier Inn London Kensington Olympia. I am deeply saddened that you found the experience to be a negative one.

Here at Premier Inn our guests pay for their rooms on arrival, this ensures a quick and easy check out without all the usual queues. As part of our terms and conditions and commitment to finance procedures we are not able to take third party/ customer not present transactions without written authorisation with a cardholder signature. This is to protect our guests from any fraudulent activity. I do apologise if this caused an inconvenience to you.

Our building is situated in the heart of West London and is a great base for families; couples and business guests who wish to explore what London has to offer. The hotel is a beautiful converted building that due to it's age, does have rooms without the best view. However, we have ensured that all our rooms have a source of natural light into them.

Our windows do not open due to Health and Safety restrictions. All our rooms have extractor fans fitted as well as a heating and air conditioning unit. I will ensure my Maintenance team rectify the problem you experienced with the system to ensure it does not happen again.

I sincerely apologise for the less than satisfactory welcome you received at Reception. Here at Premier Inn we pride ourselves on our levels of customer service and I am so sorry that this was not the case. We are very proud of Premier Inn's Goodnight Guarantee and I am happy to enforce that for you. Please do contact me at the hotel and I will get this arranged for you immediately.

I do hope this helps to address your concerns. If you wish to discuss this further then please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help. My e-mail address is operationsmanager.londonkensingtonolympia@whitbread.com.

Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight for trip to Royal Albert Hall we arrived quite early and were given our room well before check-in time although we only asked to leave our luggage.
The room was small but very clean and comfortable with no noise.
We had the breakfast which was excellent value
We returned from concert about ten at night which was too late for dinner but we were able to get coffees
It might be worthwhile for the hotel to let people order meals before going to Royal Albert Hall and have it ready for their return.
We would certainly return to this hotel

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My wife and i checked in to Premier Inn Olympia London for 1 night and as with other Premier Inns it was warm comfortable clean and very friendly,Good food and wine and brilliant breakfast .The staff very helpfull and enthusiatic .The hotel was handy for Museums and Royal ALbert Hall the earls court tube 10 mins walk and the London number 10 bus too from Euston ten mins walk

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Had a great stay at the end of April 2012. The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was very good and versatile (even good options for someone on a low-carb diet). The walk to and from the Earls Court underground station was quite managable (less than 10 minutes) and the area in general was very nice and calm (Salibury, Tesco and several restaurants can be found nearby). We had a room away from the street so I can't say how possible traffic noise would affect one's stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnimalTraveller
Caroline D, Manager at Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Premier Inn London Kensington Olympia. I am delighted you found the experience to be a positive one.

Here at Premier Inn we pride ourselves on our excellent standards and high levels of customer service. I am so pleased that you found this to be the case. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to constantly drive and improve our standards.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I checked in for 5 nights in their family room. I recommend the room for couples travelling with children. The rooms are really big to stack the extra pieces of luggage. Comfortable beds & very well maintained rooms. The hotel location is the best you can get for the price in central London. It's ideally placed if you intend to use the tube to move around London.The Earls Court tube station is a 5 min walk, if you are pushing your kids in a stroller add another 5 mins to the walk. The area is lively with lots of great restaurants to try. Convenience stores are plenty for all sorts of last minute buys. I would absolutely recommend getting breakfast at the Hotel. Its your moneys worth & plenty to choose from.

A special thanks to the staff of the hotel for their service & hospitality. Spot on attention to details & they absolutely go out of their way to meet any reasonable requests. I've had milk heated for my 3 yr old at odd hours without a problem. Would recommend the hotel for a family stay with kids.. Keep up the good work Premier Inn.. we are absolutely coming back when we swing by London

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Here at Premier Inn we pride ourselves on our excellent "All you can Eat" Premier Breakfast as well as our high levels of customer service. I am so pleased that you found this to be the case. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to constantly drive and improve our standards.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Me and my husbad stayed here for one night on our way home from Brussels, we were hoping for a peacful relaxing night after such a long day. We were not disipointed..Thishotel is an a great location away form the hustle and bustle.
The room was emaculate. The bathroom was spotless. I was very suprised to see how well kept this hotel is considering it is in a big city as London.
Me and my hubby took a wrog turn out of the station so it took us a little while to find it, the easiest way is to turn left out of Earls court station. walk to bottom of Earls court road and at the lights turn left. the hotel will be right in front of you. 5 minute walk from station.
I will definatly be staying here again when i next visit London.
Oh nearly forgot................ Breakfast will fill even the hungriest of people.Its the best value for money breakfast £8.95 for all you can eat, full english breakfast, toast, crumpets, crossents, and loads more.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room at the back of the hotel (118), but due to where the hotel is situated, i could...