“Lovely pub!”
Review of Lamb & Flag

Lamb & Flag
Ranked #27 of 1,281 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: At 400 years, the oldest pub in Covent Garden has hardly changed over the years and is proud of its heritage. A truely traditional English pub.
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I were in London on a long layover, and we had to visit this place. The building is a grand historical pub, and we are all Charles Dickens fans and so we had to see one of the pubs he frequented. The place was very crowded, being a Friday evening, but we found room and were served drinks promptly. Great place to have a drink and take in the history!

Tim A, Manager at Lamb & Flag, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for a great review..

There are newer reviews for Lamb & Flag

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Had this place earmarked as a place I wanted to visit on the trip to London. Passed by it on my last full day there. I love the setup. You just feel like you are having a pint in 17th century British pub. The floors may be original, not sure...but they are awesome. It was a gorgeous day so we stood right outside the window in the alley. Loved every minute of it. If you have trouble finding it, it is right around the corner from Steak and Co. Cheers!

Tim A, Manager at Lamb & Flag, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks Mike for a great review..

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I saw this pub ad TA and thought I'd try it out as was Looking for a few beers with a roast.
I wasn't disappointed with the pub and the food it served. Had a lovely meal in a nice environment.
See you again in September

Tim A, Manager at Lamb & Flag, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for a lovely review..

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Read about the history before you visit, it makes the visit more enjoyable.
We visited on a hot day and there was water available on the bar, which was really cold and free.
The welcome, as well as the weather, was warm and the beer was excellent, I chose London Pride, which I know well and it was a lovely pint.

1  Thank keith_hawes
Tim A, Manager at Lamb & Flag, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for a great review..

Reviewed 3 July 2017

A delightful place to have dinner after a show. I came on Thursday evening with my family. There were several dozen 20-somethings enjoying a pint with friends outside yet it was easy enough to get a table on the 2nd floor inside. It all added to a fun atmosphere. And, for an American, it was interesting seeing so many people enjoying their drinks outside in the street. The food was good and our server was attentive. Great experience.

Tim A, Manager at Lamb & Flag, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Glad to hear you had a great time, all the best..