The Alma Hotel
US$222
US$184
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$109
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$68
Agoda.com
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$89
US$177
US$157
galahotels.com
US$227
US$196
  • Restaurant
All reviewswandsworth towntrain stationlively pubgarden roombig bathroomfresh milkappointed roomsgreat showergreat roombreakfast was excellentfull englishsmall hotelbusiness tripconvenient locationwaterlootwickenhamrail
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I used to drink and eat regularly in The Alma when I lived in SW London and always enjoyed it. I wasn't convinced when I heard that they'd converted the old metal works out the back into a hotel though. However, on a recent overnight stay in town, my wife booked a room and what a surprise! Beautifully styled and presented, fair size rooms with decent bathrooms, smiling and helpful staff, excellent breakfasts. A real treat. Especially at the very reasonable rate. We'll definitely be staying again. It was great to be back!.

Room Tip: Room 17 was excellent
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheRichens2
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We reserved a family room (2 x 2 bedrooms) for a family event. There were several of our families staying. On arrival the 'ever so helpful' Beatrice giggled when we announced ourselves and said ' ohhhh I've cancelled your rooms'.....
We thought she was joking - but No.
After 30 minutes of an extremely stressful situation not knowing if we had a room for our family - and we had travelled from overseas too. (all our rooms had been reserved with a credit card for the group booking) we also found out that other members of our group had their rooms cancelled too as Beatrice did not put the credit card across all the reservation.
Beatice was not in any way bothered that she had ruined was was supposed to be a lovely start to a wonderful weekend. She never apologised - just kept saying we should have reconfirmed AGAIN 24 hours before arrival - even though we had the confirmation from the Alma of the booking !!
When we suggested that maybe telephoning us to see if all was ok before cancelling a booking for people - she said she did not have to do this - she could cancel the room if she wanted and she could resell it if she chose to.
The rooms were nice although the handle to door from the corridor kept falling off so you had to be really careful opening the door all the time, There was also an exit door that maids could access through what should be the privacy area between the 2 bedrooms. TV only had a few stations pretty crap really. Also as the family suite: you are 'billeted' to a disabled room - so the bathroom was pretty 'functional' and did not feel luxurious (actually the toilet was so high up my feet did not reach the floor!) Our children had a much nicer bathroom than us and it was also on the quieter side of the building with a little courtyard - although beware there is lots of stingy nettles in the garden and my little one got stung..
We ate several times in the restaurant - generally good -- but we were not impressed with the breakfast, was pretty poor standard. Chef and one of the waiters seemed to be having some type of feud going on and we were in the midst of it all......
Overall nice hotel / pub /bar but it was totally ruined by Reception Services - book but only if you are prepared to triple check your booking will be still there,,,,

Room Tip: not the ones facing the street.....
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank sunandsleep
Reviewed November 21, 2011

a great experience in every way. atmospheric old style bar. delightful homely restaurant, beautifully appointed bedrooms, really friendly staff.
My favorite London destination

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank laurencemitchell
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Really fabulous rooms on the top floor and one of the nicest bathrooms I have ever had in a hotel and a great breakfast.

Room Tip: There was no mirror in Room 22 except in the bathroom and so nowhere to blow dry your hair. I have looked at the gallery for the hotel and all the other rooms seem to have mirrors.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Caroline W
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I hate to be a solo kill joy for this place. It did have wonderful decor and a great staff. However, the only way I would return to this place is solo. I am completely baffled by the situation of the bathroom, which has a toilet approximately 3 feet from the bed. with a glass door. through which you can see shadows. to top off the uncomfortable nature of answering nature's call, the bathroom does not have a fan for either privacy or for reducing the muggy, dankness from whatever goes on in a bathroom. A man must have designed it. I had to stand on my tippy toes to use the bathroom mirror, and the lighting was such that I then had to use my own mirror, using one hand (no counters) to apply makeup as the lighting is a single blazing halogen light, well behind the subject standing before the mirror. PHEW. But, it was quiet. But GOOD GOD people. Change the freeking doors so that they are maybe a little bit sound proof. and light proof --yes, if getting up in the middle of the night, turning on the bathroom light, causes the entire hotel room to light up because of the glass door. otherwise, loved it.

Room Tip: all rooms are set up with the stupid glass doors with the toilet 3 feet from the bed. we switched rooms so at least we were on the ground floor with access to the courtyard to afford a place to go for the other to have some privacy
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple