“Wonderful Experience Look No Further”

The Montague on The Gardens
Ranked #10 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I went to visit my daughter who is studying in London for a semester & was looking for a nice hotel near her. I discovered the Montague from other excellent reviews written by guests who stayed there recently. Our family has done a great deal of traveling so I have stayed in many hotels. This was one of the best. The staff was extremely nice & provided exceptional service. I was traveling alone & the staff was very attentive to my comings & goings & always asking if I needed any help with any plans or sightseeing. I felt very safe & comfortable. The room was very clean & nicely decorated too. My husband & I are returning to visit our daughter again & I have already booked our room at The Montague. I would highly recommend The Montague.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your very lovely feedback following your last stay at the Montague.

I was pleased to hear that you found the staff and the service that you received exceptional, which is a nice motivator for the team.

As we rely on word of mouth referral, I would like to thank you for recommending us to family and friends.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Dirk Crokaert

Write a ReviewReviews (4,355)

Reviewed 6 April 2012

This was our second stay at the Montague on the Gardens and we once again were completely delighted with every aspect of our visit. The Hotel has a very warm, cozy atmosphere and the staff are an important part of that. Service, cleanliness, location, size & quality of the room, and value for money were all excellent. The breakfast is great also...we are vegetarians and they had a good selection of options for us. We generally try to get to London for a long weekend twice a year, and after two outstanding visits to the Montague, this will be our first choice for all future visits.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor in a king size room facing the rear garden and it was lovely. Quiet, l...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank E-J-Dublin
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on your second stay with us at the Montague.

I was pleased to read that our service levels have remained consistently high since your last stay with us and that you enjoyed the hospitality that was provided to you.

I am delighted to hear that we will be your first choice for your future visits to London.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Spent a very comfortable night here before going off to St Pancras on Eurostar. Very friendly staff, lovely bedroom, Penhaligon toiletries & delicious breakfast

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments and I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We hope that we can welcome you to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband and I stayed for 10 days and really appreciated the excellent service. We walked to theaters, Covent Gardens, and, of course, the British Musuem is around the corner. Very conveniently located to public transportation and London underground. If you can afford it, get a junior suite so that you have more room.

Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank casumma

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback on your recent stay at the Montague on the Gardens.

I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the service levels to be excellent.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

It has all been said on the numerous reviews so look no further if you want something special in London.
I took my boss and our team for a 2 day business meeting after using lots of other "worn out" hotels this is now our only choice.
Customer service is exceptional, meeting rooms first class, bedrooms fabulous and in central London for the price there is no better.
It is like hotels used to be before the modern sterile ones tried to take over but they will never be able to provide what the Montague on the Gardens can deliver for customers.
All the staff and I mean all the staff are exceptional and extremely friendly.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your very nice comments about the Montague Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you found our facilities to be outstanding and moreover that the friendliness of the staff and the service levels that you received were exceptional. I shall ensure that your kind praise is passed on to the staff and that their service is duly recognised.

I do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We recently returned from a 5-night stay at the Montague on the Gardens - and it really couldn't have been better. We had a two-level suite which was perfect for my husband, myself and our teenage daughter. Service at this hotel is the best we have ever experienced (including at hotels at a much higher price point). The staff is helpful, professional and attentive without being over-bearing. There are many personal touches which made for a unique experience. The rooms are quiet - so it was never a problem getting a good night's sleep. The location is perfect for sight-seeing and theatre-going. We walked nearly everywhere.
I really can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Beth C

Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure reading your comments on your recent stay at the Montague on the Gardens.

We are very proud of our staff at the Montague and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest's expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed.

I am delighted that you had a memorable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I cannot tell you just how cosseted and cared for we felt after our weekend here. The service was just excellent, the rooms well thought out and the public rooms very luxe. The walls were fabric covered, the lighting was good, the showers like waterfalls, the chandeliers immense, the staff so professional. the location was excellent, being a step away from the British Museum, close to Russell Square tube station and a short walk to Covent garden.

We were there on a superbreak deal, but never once did it feel like a budget trip. Our complimentary bottle of champagne was served in the tartan bar, with lovely nibbles, a pianist and knowledgeable staff. Breakfast was very good. . oh, and the tray in the room had a cafetiere!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your very complimentary comments on your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to hear that you found the service to be excellent and the staff to be professional.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in future.

Yours sincerely