“Outstanding”

GreenLeadersGold level
Derbyshire
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife booked this as part of a surprise for my 60th birthday. We've stayed in London a number of times but always at well known "chains of hotels", so she was looking for something different. Everything about this hotel is top rate (without the pretentiousness), the staff-nothing is too much trouble, the food, service, position, the quietness. As it was a special occasion, they automatically upgraded our room and even left a nice desert in our room for us to come back to on my birthday. In fact, i'm doing the London marathon shortly and have booked a room for a couple of nights.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank G. M
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to hear that we made your 60th birthday celebration an occasion to remember and that we were able to upgrade you on this instance.

We look forward to welcoming you back during the London Marathon weekend.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (743)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My daughter and I just returned from a week's stay at this delightful hotel. I discovered it on TripAdvisor and was fortunate to discover an upgrade special on the hotel's website which gave us a junior suite for a great price. Our room, which looked out on the garden, was absolutely beautiful and a very nice size. It was very comfortable and soothing after our long days out exploring London.

I can't say enough about this hotel...the service was outstanding, truly five star. Everyone at the concierge desk was especially helpful and always friendly, never stuffy-as I have encountered in other hotels. Really the entire staff at the hotel went out of their way to make us comfortable which made our experience delightful. We loved the hotel's breakfast and we had several lovely meals in the Blue Door restaurant. Another highlight was their lovely high tea served in the solarium overlooking the garden. We also really enjoyed the location and that it was just a short stroll to the London Underground.

I have traveled extensively including ten different trips to London, and I have to say that Montague on the Gardens stands out as one of my all-time favorite hotels. I can say with certainty that it is the only place we will stay when we return to London.

Room Tip: If you can afford a junior suite overlooking the garden, you will be delighted with the spacious and...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RACLosAngeles
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your very complementary feedback on your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you found the service to be outstanding and that you especially enjoyed the meals in our restaurant and conservatory.

It was a pleasure looking after you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I went to visit my daughter who is studying in London for a semester & was looking for a nice hotel near her. I discovered the Montague from other excellent reviews written by guests who stayed there recently. Our family has done a great deal of traveling so I have stayed in many hotels. This was one of the best. The staff was extremely nice & provided exceptional service. I was traveling alone & the staff was very attentive to my comings & goings & always asking if I needed any help with any plans or sightseeing. I felt very safe & comfortable. The room was very clean & nicely decorated too. My husband & I are returning to visit our daughter again & I have already booked our room at The Montague. I would highly recommend The Montague.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for your very lovely feedback following your last stay at the Montague.

I was pleased to hear that you found the staff and the service that you received exceptional, which is a nice motivator for the team.

As we rely on word of mouth referral, I would like to thank you for recommending us to family and friends.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This was our second stay at the Montague on the Gardens and we once again were completely delighted with every aspect of our visit. The Hotel has a very warm, cozy atmosphere and the staff are an important part of that. Service, cleanliness, location, size & quality of the room, and value for money were all excellent. The breakfast is great also...we are vegetarians and they had a good selection of options for us. We generally try to get to London for a long weekend twice a year, and after two outstanding visits to the Montague, this will be our first choice for all future visits.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor in a king size room facing the rear garden and it was lovely. Quiet, l...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank E-J-Dublin
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on your second stay with us at the Montague.

I was pleased to read that our service levels have remained consistently high since your last stay with us and that you enjoyed the hospitality that was provided to you.

I am delighted to hear that we will be your first choice for your future visits to London.

Cumbria
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Spent a very comfortable night here before going off to St Pancras on Eurostar. Very friendly staff, lovely bedroom, Penhaligon toiletries & delicious breakfast

• Stayed February 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments and I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We hope that we can welcome you to the hotel again soon.

california
Reviewed 3 April 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 10 days and really appreciated the excellent service. We walked to theaters, Covent Gardens, and, of course, the British Musuem is around the corner. Very conveniently located to public transportation and London underground. If you can afford it, get a junior suite so that you have more room.

Stayed March 2012
3 Thank casumma
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback on your recent stay at the Montague on the Gardens.

I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the service levels to be excellent.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

It has all been said on the numerous reviews so look no further if you want something special in London.
I took my boss and our team for a 2 day business meeting after using lots of other "worn out" hotels this is now our only choice.
Customer service is exceptional, meeting rooms first class, bedrooms fabulous and in central London for the price there is no better.
It is like hotels used to be before the modern sterile ones tried to take over but they will never be able to provide what the Montague on the Gardens can deliver for customers.
All the staff and I mean all the staff are exceptional and extremely friendly.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your very nice comments about the Montague Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you found our facilities to be outstanding and moreover that the friendliness of the staff and the service levels that you received were exceptional. I shall ensure that your kind praise is passed on to the staff and that their service is duly recognised.

I do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.