“Best Staff Ever”

Ranked #384 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Staff Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed four nights in this hotel, my first time in it. I travel through London frequently, and this hotel is perhaps the best location ever for the Bloomsbury/Tottenham Court Road/Holborn area, just 2 minutes from Tottenham Court Road tube station, many buses and even close enough to the Piccadilly Line at Holborn to travel from Heathrow more cheaply. The room was very quiet with good free Wi-Fi, a very wide variety of TV stations and totally wonderful staff. Room service for an evening meal was brilliant, with my food allergies catered for immaculately. On checking into the hotel, they offered to show me three different kinds of rooms and given one that took into consideration my needs and personal preferences. As a result of this attention, my stay was really excellent. But best of all was the service after I checked out! I left my cheque book in my room, and two days later I received a phone call and email from the Deputy Head Housekeeper to find out where to send it. I am so impressed and so grateful! I can't fault the hotel. I got an extremely good deal on the Internet for a single, but on seeing the various room choices, I chose a very reasonable upgrade to a standard double, a good choice considering I had four nights. I didn't have breakfast, and my only complaint was the rather slow lift, although, apparently it is going to be refurbished.

Room Tip: Rooms on Great Russell Street are quiet.
6 Thank RosaBonheur
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the gracious review following your recent visit to the Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel.

I consider our hotel to be very fortunate to have some very nice people working, who will always delight you with new ways to ensure you are comfortable in this new city!

Also, I make a note that you have complimented the location of our hotel and other services that we offer which is very much appreciated!

I trust you will rejoin us for our hospitality, which most other travellers say is one of the best in London!

Hasnain N. Alloo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

The room was minute with a single bed rammed into the corner. there was no outward facing (or opening window) which made the room stifflingly warm & uncomfortable to be in. The bathroom was actually the size of a toilet cubicle in a "normal" hotel, with the shower not actually big enough to stand in & shower in without constantly banging your elbows.
The decor was tired & shabby and the carpet worn.

Whilst the staff were pleasant enough I could not honestly recommend you stay here however close it is to the West End as you will not get a good nights sleep or be able to freshen up in comfort!

3 Thank JaneMUK
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I recently had the pleasure of spending a couple of nights in this hotel. On first impressions it was just what I expected - very smart and comfortable. The location is excellent if you are looking for central London. With theatres, Covent Garden etc just a stroll away and the British Museum around the corner it is ideal. Staying at the hotel for work however my needs were slightly different. The nearest car park is the NCP along the street - not suitable for larger vehicles and at over £30 per day not cheap to park. The bonus was the staff. They were very friendly and helpful without being intrusive. They certainly made you feel welcome and looked after. I would have no qualms whatsoever in recommending this hotel to travellers to London.

5 Thank ThadeusT
Dear Guest,

Also, kindly allow me to assure you that the size of our Deluxe rooms are a min. of 20 sq mts. which is a standard for most hotels with similar prices in London. This is the same with our pricing of the items on the restaurant menu and also in the mini bar.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

If you want a London hotel with style and luxury, perfectly located in the heart of the West End - this is the place to stay. Few London City hotels are within such easy walking distance of the theatres, Covent Garden Opera House, and the restaurants and shops of Oxford Street. Just 50 metres down the road you can explore the delights of the British Museum.
Excellent service and free WiFi.

Room Tip: Ask for the room as high as possible to enjoy the wiew
6 Thank Gresk
Norfolk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

This is a well located hotel for tourists. You are on the edge of Covent Garden, Oxford St. The British Museum is just across the road. A short walk back from the hotel is Bedford Sq, a square which still has all the original houses as they were and is beautifully maintained. The universities of UCL; SOAS and Birbeck are also close by.

The hotel is not inexpensive, the reception is glossy and the bar well positioned. However my room was small, it only had a shower which meant after a long day on my feet I could not lounge in the bath as I wanted.

On a previous stay our twin room was even smaller. So if you intend to spend a long time in your room (why would you with all London on your doorstep) you may want larger rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms onto Gower St can be noisy from the passing buses, it is a busy road.
1 Thank luvtogo6
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

The entire hotel is very stylish however the strongest memory I will keep of this hotel was the odor - an overpowering smell of flake flowers - like a can an industrial size can of Glade exploded. I was gagging on my the first day at the hotel when I had to go through the lobby . Eventually I learned to travel quickly in and out of lobby with a tissue over my nose. Smell lasted thru my week long stay - so bad I could not enjoy the breakfast offered at the hotel not could I enjoy the very sleek bar.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Norad1297
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments and candid comments.

I have made a note about the incense comment which will be discussed with our product development team, however I have to say that this is very much appreciated my most of our guests.

I trust you will rejoin us on your next visit to London.

Suffolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Ok, I appreciate that not everyone is going to be happy, and just because we had great service and room I know that there are going to be small pokey rooms in any hotel, but can only comment on my own experience...and that was fantastic! On arrival from the taxi, the concierge opened the door and took us straight to reception, where we were informed that because it was our 25th Anniversary we were being upgraded...due to reading reviews on here and knowing London hotel rooms were on the small side I'd already booked a de-luxe double, so we ended up with a suite, lots of space on the quiet side of the hotel.
All of the staff were helpful and very friendly, especially the concierge, who saved us a fortune on taxi's with his advice.
Cant comment on the restaurant, as didn't really eat in the hotel. Although we did have afternoon snacks which were very good.
Only real complaint is the breakfast was self-service and somewhat "industrial!", served under hot plates and ok if you ate in the first 30 minutes after service begun...otherwise it was burnt, tough and basically 3rd rate.
However, enough of the moaning....maybe this is par for the course in London 4 star hotels these days...breakfast bit of an afterthought?! But generally we had a great stay for our anniversary, and cannot thank the staff of the Kennilworth enough...Once again, Thanks!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on Great Russell Street
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple