“Great location and that's all”

Hilton London Euston
Ranked #634 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night in the beginning of February 2012. The staff was quite unhelpful - I mean they checked me in at the reception, explained where my room is located and that was all our interaction, they even didn't offer to get my luggage to the room.

I stayed in a double room, windows were facing the street. It was Sunday and the street was not so noisy. The room was tiny (which is very common for the central London). The armchair was ripped a bit and the bathroom looked clean but tired. The walls were quite thin and I could hear if anyone was walking down the corridor.

I loved the location of the hotel but next time I would prefer staying in the DoubleTree Hilton Hotel nearby as this hotel is tired and overpriced.

Room Tip: Definitely book a double room - singles are very tiny. If you are looking for a good quite nights...

Reviewed 6 March 2012

The hotel is quite okay to be in the center of London. I was upgraded to a double room, and it was very spacious, with a decent bathroom. The roof was a bit low, so the shower was somehow problematic but it worked very fine. The only bad thing was the conditioning, not working at all in the evening, so the room was cold. It started to work again in the morning and it became quite hot. Good breakfast, with many choices. In the end it was quite cheap considering the position (few minutes walk from Euston, St. Pancreas and King's Cross) and the quality of the room. A good deal.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

As a Hhonors member avoid staying at this hotel. Your Hilton profile is completely being ignored. My room had no fresh air (windows couldn't be opened), located right above the fitness area (!) loud music as of 7 am, 2 queen beds and connecting doors. As if one would plan it, exactly the opposite of what I requested when I reserved the room or the preferences registered in my Hilton profile. When i complained to the poor student at reception, since no duty manager was available, it was more or less ignored with a simple apologize.
On top of this my invoice did not have the correct information and when I asked to send it via mail the invoice I finally received also had incorrect information which after a third request was corrected. Although all this information is available in my Hilton Profile ... one of the reasons as a frequent traveller i stay loyal to the Hilton chain to guarantee efficient checkin and a more comfortable stay ... nothing of all that at this Hitlon.

There are obviously good alternatives for the Hilton Euston hotel in London, which is unfortunate as the hotel has a great central location close to St. Pancras. They have a very helpful concierge who knows the area, good breakfast and nice restaurants nearby.

I stayed at Hilton Euston Place on January 31th - 1 February

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pdeloof
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I love the Bloomsbury section of London. A mix of city buildings, row houses, smaller neighborhoods, small parks, small restaurants and access to many different underground lines and railway including the Eurostar that leaves from Kings Cross (about 5 blocks from the hotel).

This hotel is an older hotel (very London in comparison to the new bright models). Rooms vary, of course. This time I was put in a large king-size bedded room facing the back. No street noise, bed is very comfortable, and I was so very fortunate to have my room ready when I arrived at the hotel 10 am from an overnight flight.

Breakfast buffet is excellent. A very wide variety of different American and European breakfast foods. I always have breakfast included in my room rate (the joys of loyalty membership), so I recommend it.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Our two High School boys, wife, and I reserved 2 rooms as a 6-night Virgin Vacations pkg at this comfortable hotel. Check-in and out went smoothly. Great breakfast service with excellent hot & cold buffet, where even omelets and crepes were made to order at no extra cost. Hotel was a bit warm in the common rooms, but our room thermostat kept us cooler. Enjoyed the Dry Sauna on site. Saved $ by taking Underground from Heathrow to Euston with only one transfer. Hilton is 3 blocks from that station and about 6 from Russel Square (near British Museum). BUY an Oyster Card (for the Tube) unless you have a child under 16. Hilton Concierge printed our boarding passes (no charge) for return flight. Wow! Funny how being nice to people returns you ten-fold. Mgr even arranged a take-away breakfast for our early am departure. Like General Douglas MacArthr, "we will return!"

Room Tip: Staff is professional, but treating them well, not being too demanding will return you ten-fold.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ThriftyScotsman
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Hotel is just round the corner from Euston / Kings Cross Rail / Tube stations, so very handy to move around. Staff are very friendly and attentive. Rooms nice and fresh with good facilities. Fitness Room very impressive and clean. Breakfast well presented and tasty. Concierge very helpful with directions to nearby supermarkets / shopping etc. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I was in a single room that was quite small and looked out into the dining area. The decor and equipment were old and worn and the internet was expensive. The staff was great, and it was a convenient layover spot between Euston and the Eurostar.

Room Tip: Get off the ground floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo