“Good old fashioned service, brilliant!”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #15 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Only spent one night at The Chesterfield to coincide with the David Hockney exhibition which was just around the corner at the Royal Academy. The tickets were part of the deal with the Chesterfield and were well worth the money. The staff were very attentive, the room was great, we had dinner which was superb and the breakfast was amazing. It would be difficult and unfair to find fault when I believe that the hotel had tried its best to impress which it did admirably. Highly recommended and will be staying again when the occasion arises.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms that are near the air conditioning fans, they run all the time.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant feedback from your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted to read that we were able to provide such exceptional service during you stay. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about your dinner and breakfast which our Executive Chef and his team will be pleased to hear about

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Oliver

Write a ReviewReviews (3,366)

Reviewed 12 February 2012

From being met at the door and having the car taken away/parked and valeted, to leaving the next morning we could not find a single fault with the Chesterfield Mayfair. For sure the best hotel we've visited in London and one of the best we stayed in anywhere in the World. Such welcoming staff, and attention to detail that is normally missing in todays hotels. We really look forward to staying again and whole heartedly recommend the hotel with an A+.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MuffinManMatty

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair last weekend and I had a great stay. On arrival we were allocated a room on the third floor directly adjacent to the air conditioning units; when I questioned the reception staff as to whether these were turned off at night as they were quite noisy they told me they ran 24 hours a day but they offered a free upgrade to a junior suite instead. Fantastic. This level of customer service pretty much sums up the attitude of the staff; nothing was too much for them and they went out of their way to ensure we had a pleasant, enjoyable stay. I would definitely stay here again. Many thanks :-)

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms nest to the air conditioning units if the noise would be a problem.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Wend_12
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review from your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and the speed in which the issue with your room was resolved to ensure you had a brilliant stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

A beautiful boutique hotel , very centrally located ;however, I felt the treatment is more of the big business hotels.

This is not to say that it is a bad one.But since I have been staying at similar hotels I was expecting a more personal sort of service or treatment.There are 2 small issues or incidents I would like to mention.

1: My wife's birthday was taking place during our stay.I informed the hotel upon my reservation and they promised to send some sort of gift.But we left a day earlier.Checking out on my wife's birthday.And they didn't send nothing.I had to remind them, and then they sent some cup cakes and a birthday card.Now this is a very small issue but may be we can move to the second one.

2 Upon checkout I forgot to take out thge passports from the safe deposit.Luckily we were still in London for two more days.They could have just called to remind me.I could have been on my way to the airport.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your stay in December.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location and our beautiful hotel. However I am surprised to read that the service was similar to that of a big hotel as we pride ourselves on our personal and friendly service with each guest.

Thank you for your comments about your wife’s birthday. At The Chesterfield Mayfair we take immense pride in helping our guests celebrate their special occasion, adding those special touches such as personal cards and cupcakes on arrival or the actual birthday date if we know this. As the amended departure date fell on your wife’s birthday we had to change our delivery time for the treats and this was done accordingly before you left the hotel. I apologise that this was not communicated to you properly and you had to bring this to our attention.

With regards to the passport and contacting you once you had left, unfortunately we did not have a number to call you and the email address was invalid with no emails going through. I apologise that we did not have the correct information and were unable to reach you effectively. Please rest assured we will provide additional training to establish the correct guest information to ensure a similar situation is not experienced again.

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Always our choice hotel and especially when the home Rugby Internationals are being played.
It was recently the perfect base for a family reunion with all the key sights easily within walking distance but with the Green Park underground station nearby and a taxi service at the door if preferred.
The staff are very friendly,polite and helpful. The rooms adequately meet all the needs as one would expect at a hotel of this standing. Perhaps one of the most important features of The Chesterfield Hotel is the breakfast which really is second to none.
Our next stay is fast approaching when England v Ireland in the Six Nations Championship.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank batesgraham

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair and we were the perfect base for all the family to reunite together. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Thank you for your great feedback about out the breakfast, we believe a good breakfast is key to a great day ahead; the Chef will be delighted to read your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back for the next Six Nations Championship game in March.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

We have visited on many occasions and never have we been disappointed. The afternoon tea is totally delicious, breakfasts exceptional and the Butlers Restaurant for dinner offers a very varied menu reasonably priced considering the location and excellent food. The staff are very welcoming and friendly.
We are looking forward to our next visit in April.
Pauline & Peter

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant feedback from your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted to read that you were able to enjoy our brilliant food during you stay. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back again next in April.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Loved the look and feel of this place. Very british in decor.Walking distance to pubs restaurants and subway

Room Tip: We were on street which was not busy but very noisy
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you highlighting what a brilliant location we have; I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.