“RA package for the Hockney exhibition”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 March 2012

The hotel is round the corner from the Royal Academy and the fast track ticket helped bypass the huge queues! I appreciated the welcome and warmth of all the employees I met.My room was comfortable and well appointed the location is just great, next time I will take advantage of the jogging map for Green Park and bring my running shoes!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Cariad09
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review from your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of our brilliant package and enjoy the convenience of the fast track tickets for the David Hockney Exhibition.

Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting the warm and welcoming service you received from the staff, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us and enjoy some jogging in Green Park.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Styed here for 3 nights with 2 daughters. Junior suite offer: 3 nights for 2, was a really good choise as we wanted to stay in the same room chatting, having tea and all that. Good space, charming decor (sooo english and we loved it. A little bit tired here and there, -but only small details, -nothing big) lots of mirrors everywhere (hooray magnifying make up mirror in the bathroom!)and enough storage and shelf space in bathroom. Huge amounts of toiletries and make up need to be stored and that is always a problem. Not so here, great!
Lovely beds, lovely bath products, lovely towels&bathrobes. The tea tray was a treat as we winded down after a long day. Only 2 cups though, and asking for a 3rd didn't result in any. Not a problem though. Had it been a problem I would persist or get the cup myself. Complimentary water in the room is fabulous. Good & fresh breakfast with a lot of options for warm dishes. -we felt at home and relaxed throughout the stay. Charming street and close to "everything" sums it up as the perfect week end stay for us.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and I’m pleased that our comfortable rooms and attention to detail such as the mirrors and shelf space in the bathroom created such a favourable impression.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future for another perfect weekend stay.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

we stayed at the chesterfield for 3 nights from the 24th of feb this year and i must say it was truely a relaxing, enjoyable stay. The staff are friendly and genuiene giving the hotel that extra nugget of traditional english charm which was a nice touch in a hotel located right in the heart of london making us feel very at home and comfortable throughout the 3 nights we stayed. As we were on a romantic break the staff had just the right level of friendly chit chat and manner without being too overbearing which one might find in other hotels but not the chesterfield!
Its location is right in the centre of mayfair which was amazing as you are about 15 mins walk from all the major tourist locations as well as a 5 minute walk from greenpark tube station which has acess to all the major underground stations in the area. The neighbouhood is really clean and safe and if you just want a romantic walkabout its quite the spot. Its many cafes and restaurants allow you to really get a feel for the area also.

The room was beautiful and quite clean and really created a relaxing romantic atmosphere and with each room in the hotel having its own theme it truely gave a unique feeling to the trip. as it was my partners birthday the hotel staff had placed a card and cake in the room on out arrival which was quite a nice touch. one can tell the staff are quite dedicated to making your stay as relaxing and memorable as possible. The bed itself was so comfortable and as the hotel is quite and realxing if you want a good nights sleep you are guarenteed to wake up feeling a million dollars.
The food is also out of this world with a wide variety of choice on offer and although we are currently experiencing a recession i believe in paying for good qualtiy and if thats what you are after the chesterfield is for you. The chesterfield is quite reasonable in its room rate for the quality of care and attention the staff give and in my honest opinion i will most certainly be back even just for the bed alone!

3  Thank grace k

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review.

I am thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us and the room was to your liking. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Thank you highlighting what a brilliant location we have; I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I spend three nights in the Chesterfield when in London on business recently and I can't speak more highly of the place. I got a beautiful corner room with pleasent views of the Mayfield streets below. The breakfast was delicious, in particular the freshly made smoothie. I look forward to returning to this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pac16

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review from your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful business trip with us. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and to enjoy some more smoothies at breakfast!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed at the Chesterfield overnight on 25th February. Everything was delightful. Our beautiful room was themed around music: I had visited for tea ten days before, and somebody had noticed that I had a viola with me. Meals were most enjoyable, very nice food and excellent service. Above all we are so impressed by the staff. Everyone is friendly and welcoming, and you immediately feel completely at home.Everything is done to perfection, with no fuss. We do hope to stay again in the future, feeling we have had a real holiday in the course of a weekend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review.

I am thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us and the beautiful “Music room” was so enjoyed. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We chose the Chesterfield for a Saturday night as they had a decent rate for B&B at £230 which also included two tickets for the David Hockney exhibition at the Royal Academy. The Chesterfield has a great reputation on the TA site and it’s not hard to see why - the staff are some of the most pleasant we have encountered anywhere and the location is simply superb, on a quiet residential street in Mayfair and within easy walking distance of many tourist hot-spots and great restaurants. They also park your car for £40 for the night, not bad for London.

The style of the hotel is highly traditional, which means it’s old-fashioned, with heavy leather sofas (Chesterfields), floral flocks and patterned carpets all screaming at each other. We specifically asked for a non-Chintzy room and got a rather cramped rooftop garret which had three svelte suede walls, one wall completely mirrored and a rococo chandelier. It was striving to be exotic, erotic even, and for one night it was perfectly acceptable. The view from one window was of a brick wall about six feet away and from the other it was the same wall with a little bit of another building. Hemmed in like this meant total quietude, amazing for London, so we slept like babies. The room was well-equipped with a wall-mounted flatscreen TV, free internet and complimentary mineral water. The bathroom let the side down a bit, mainly because of a small shower cubicle and poor water pressure.

Downstairs it’s a bit dark and gloomy, oppressive even, though I think maybe some tourists look at this florid Edwardian style as quintessentially English; after all, isn’t life for everyone in the UK just one long Downton Abbey? The hotel’s restaurant, Butler’s, is slightly brighter and they did a decent cooked breakfast with excellent bread and strong coffee. There is a nice outlook on to handsome courtyard belonging to the next-door building; a pity the hotel can’t take it over for al fresco meals.

The Chesterfield is a pleasant three-star hotel which doesn’t pretend to be anything more.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pausanias

Dear Guest,

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Excellent tea, friendly and attentive service, lovely surroundings. Would certainly recommend