“Great Location”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at the Chesterfield Mayfair last August. We had a wonderful stay. The staff was very helpful and welcoming and the location can't be beat. We walked everywhere! The Green Park tube station is a few blocks away and Shepard's Market has good restaurants and pubs. Our room was a standard double. While it was small, it had all the conveniences we needed, and a great shower with lots of hot water! We booked their weekend package which included tea for 2, daily breakfast and late check out. We booked directly with the hotel and paid @300 dollars a night. For the extras and location we felt it was a good deal. I tried to book with them for a trip in early July but rooms are now going for upwards of 500 dollars a night without breakfast or tea!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Oliver

Write a ReviewReviews (3,395)

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I love staying in Mayfair and have thought about the Chesterfield Mayfair many times. This time I satisified my curiosity and could not have had a more delightful experience. The traditional decor is warm and welcoming and the helpful staff was full of good cheer. The bed was oh so comfortable and the bathroom floor was heated. What more could you want! I've stayed at several of the "grand" London hotels and a number of boutique properties but never have had such a thoroughly pleasant stay. I can't wait for my next visit to the Chesterfield Mayfair.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Gerrie M

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback following your recent stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair and I hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

We stayed for a nice three night break at this lovely hotel on our way to explore a liitle of the UK. This is our third visit to the UK and also our third to the Chesterfield. We simply fell in love with it on our first trip in 2004 and wish that it was not thousands of kms away! We stopped off this trip basically because we wanted to have the Chesterfield experience one more time. It is truly an experience! The ambience generally and the staff especially make it special.
We loved our stay again even though there were a couple of little issues which we were not so happy about. Firstly there was no special welcome as a returning customer - somehow the computer slipped up here and we did miss it. Secondly we were not as happy with our room as we had previously been. The room was a classic double and was quite compact but nicely decorated but the size and awkwardness of the bathhroom was a disappointment. The shower over the bath was very hard to operate as one could not move the swinging glass petition(it was meant to)and so could't reach the taps etc. Also with the bathrobes hanging on the back of the door you couldn't open the door fully as it hit the basin - one of the smallest bathrooms we had come across.
We did change rooms after the first night to a room that had a slightly better arranged bathroom. It was an upgrade ( a king room) but basically that means that the bed is bigger but not necessarilly the bathroom. We did have to pay an extra 20 pounds for the upgrade which we agreed to the first time we asked but did get a little annoyed when it was mentioned again three more times - not the service we had come to expect from our favourite hotel. Despite this we do still love this hotel and hope one day to return - the staff, the bar area, the spectacular afternoon tea and wonderful food in the restaurant - all make it so special.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I’m delighted that our brilliant staff, delicious afternoon tea and food in the restaurant created such a favourable impression.

With regards to your comments about the small size of the room and bathroom, we do have larger categories of rooms; please enquire with our reservations team when next making your reservations to the best room is booked for you to ensure a more comfortable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here over the recent bank holiday weekend, to celebrate both our birthdays. We try and visit London at least three times a year, over the last five or so, to experience the fine dining that the capital has to offer, but of course this means that we also get to experience a lot of hotels in the Knightsbridge, Kensington, westminster and of course Mayfair areas. We had booked this hotel earlier in the year, but what they do is send you an email, to which they look forward to your arrival, and it then goes on to list any specific requirements that may make your stay more comfortable, for example feather or synthetic pillows and likewise for the duvet, and so and so on, so they can have them ready for your arrival, and i thought this was a really nice and clever touch. We arrived late Friday afternoon, to a cheerful reception, and we were checked in very smoothly by the young lady on reception. On arrival to the room, although a little compact, it was exceptionally clean and bright with lots of windows and a real home from home feel, with everything you would expect, from tea and coffee facilities, slippers and robes to complimentry internet access, which by the way was very easy to log on to, no hassle and fast, with our bubbly on ice with compliments of the hotel, and a very comfortable bed (In fact, as my wife suffers from a bad back, this important feature is often overlooked by some hotels and can make or break our weekend) Dare I say it but the decor is a little dated, in the mock style of a cross between and olde world gentlemens club and a Englishmans raj villa, but this takes nothing away from good old fashioned customer service and attention to our every need. The breakfast was probably one of the best i have had, and I can highly recommend the traditional english and the eggs benedict, but the choice is vast and caters for all tastes and there is also a self serve breakfast buffet offering cold meats, yogurts, fresh fruit and a wide selection of juices, including beetroot for the joggers amongst us! We also took up on the afternoon tea at the chesterfield, and again the theme of excellent customer service was there for all to enjoy, and nothing was too much trouble, and they even provided us with there own elegant take on the doggy bag, by putting what we couldnt finish into a box to enjoy later on with the signature red carnation neatly attached to the top.
Most evenings after we had eaten in various establishments across London, we would return to the hotel for a night cap before bed, in the hotel bar, and at the risk of repeating myself over and over again, the service was excellent, we would choose from a good list of beers, cocktails and spirits etc, but if your favourite tipple did not appear on there menu, then they were more than happy to arrange it for you, and at this point i would like to single out Antonio, who was an abolute star and very charming, russelling up a small selection of chocolates one evening, when he found to his horror that we had passed on desserts on our evening meal, he is a real credit to the chesterfield and personifies the whole attitude displayed by all the staff and management at this truly, warm, friendly and proffesional hotel in mayfair. This hotel provided us with all we needed during our stay, from a practical sense and, to a proffesional sense. thankyou to all and we look forward to returning in the near future.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 318, which was located on the corner of the hotel which meant there were plenty of...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daniel j

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read your brilliant review from your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Thank you for such kind comments regarding our staff, it is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to everyone and in particular Antonio from our Terrace Bar.

Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about the delicious breakfast and afternoon tea you so enjoyed with us; I am sure our Executive Chef and his team will be very pleased to read your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed at The Chesterfield in late April, 2012. It was lovely. Our room was ready when we arrived in the early morning after an overnight flight, so we could catch a short nap before venturing out. The rainforest shower heads were great and the bed very comfortable. The prominent motif is wonderful wood. The staff could not be more helpful. Kudos especially to concierges Chris and Tony. The location is perfect, off Berkeley Square and a five minute walk to the Green Park tube stop. Just a walk across Green Park to Buckingham Palace. We would definitely stay there again, with perhaps an upgrade to our room which was small.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service; in particular Tony and Chris, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

My first trip abroad occurred 3 weeks ago. The chesterfield Mayfair exceeded any expectations I had about a London hotel experience.

The staff is what sets this hotel apart. Every staff person we met was friendly, helpful, and professional. I loved Carolina, our server every morning at breakfast. What a sweetie. And Adrian who showed us our room and gave dining recommendations.

The dining was superb. We had one dinner here, 4 breakfasts, bar food & the afternoon tea. Everything was delicious. The tea is exceptional.

The beds are so comfortable. The linens are the coziest I've ever slept under. Rooms are tight by American standards, but very nicely appointed. Very good bathroom. Loved the teas, cookies, waters left daily. And the turn down service was such a nice touch...facial mist or bath crystals were left on the pillow each evening to enjoy.

I hope I return to London again and without a doubt in will stay at this hotel. It truly felt like a home away from home. I loved it!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Disnychck
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you fro taking the time to write your fantastic review about your stay way with us.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, in particular Carolina and Adrian.
Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about the delicious food you enjoyed with us; I am sure our Executive Chef and his team will be very pleased to read your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

My friend and I had a wonderful time experiencing traditional English afternoon tea. The setting was appropriate and the staff were exceptionally nice. I had to write a report on my experience for school and the manager was very helpful. He really took the time out of his busy schedule to talk to me and answer any questions I had. I think he noticed that I absolutely LOVED the scones, so he even gave me the recipe for them! I've tried other places for afternoon tea but I would love to come back here again and bring my family or other friends. The tea was had the perfect amount of water in it and the food was all delicious ( the scones though are my favorite! ). We were even given a bag to take home some traditional English candy!

Easily 5 green tripadvisor circles rating.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful Afternoon Tea with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about the scones you so enjoyed with us; I am sure our Executive Chef and his team will be very pleased to read your comments.