“Stylish but not perfect”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
cheltenham
“Stylish but not perfect”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed here a few years ago and loved it. I was anxious to return when my husband and I planned an overnight trip for my Birthday. The room was super - spacious for a London hotel, stylish and with a lovely bathroom. All the public places are very stylish too. However, the mini bar was empty apart from someone's half eaten salad. Also the service in the restaurant was slow although dinner was very good. The breakfast buffet was average for a hotel of this standard.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such your review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to welcome you for such a special trip. I am pleased that the spacious and comfortable room as well as the stylish public areas helped to make your stay so memorable.

I was very concerned to read that the mini bar was empty and the service in the restaurant slow. I have personally addressed this with my team who will in turn provide additional training to prevent a similar reoccurrence. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Channel Islander
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My wife and I had an excellent stay at the hotel and as a result thoroughly enjoyed our few days break in London. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly Laura and her colleagues at the front desk. We will certainly go back to the hotel when we have the opportunity - and indeed are planning our next trip at this very moment.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, in particular Laura, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I am pleased we can look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 13 May 2012

This was my first trip to London, besides solo. According to tripadvisor, this hotel has a high reputation among many guests. So I stayed there for 6nights.
The hotel is located near Green park station. It's the best location to go around everywhere, a lot of sightseeing spots, galleries, and museums. All staff is full of hospitality and kind to help a traveler overseas who is not a good English speaker.
The room was gorgeous and very British.I love it!!
The room charge is a little expensive but worth paying it. English breakfast was so delicious,but I needed some fresh vegetables.
Next time I visit London, I 'm sure that I will stay at this hotel again!!

Room Tip: Junior suite are large and gorgeous.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cakko
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and our quintessentially British style and tradition was so appealing.

Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Nice, large rooms with pretty furnishings; great location in the heart of Mayfair (close the Berkeley Square; Bond Street; Green Park tube station; and Picaddilly); good service at the hotel; decent value by London standards.

Tamarind (Indian restaurant) is a block away.

2 Thank BramStoker
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

London, UK
Reviewed 12 May 2012

A previous job involved me inspecting safety requirements in many west end (London) hotels - including and especially the back room areas that guests most definitely do not see!. Obviously, I also check out the comfort & facilities at each hotel - nothing to do with the job - but just because I enjoyed comparing the scores of different hotels that I visited. During 6 years of inspections, The Chesterfield impressed me most in terms of customer service, comfort and scale (it's smaller scale makes it warmer and less corporate). I always promised myself I would stay there - although I live only 20 miles away, I couldn't find an 'excuse'.

So when it came to celebrating my wife's (more significant) birthday, I took here to a trip to London. She knew nothing of the lunch & evening restaurants & theatre trip I had planned or even what hotel we would stay at. I was determined she would have a good time, so it had to be The Chesterfield - they didn't let me down!

The whole experience was magnificent and she (we) had a great time. The staff were superb and the room was quiet and very very cozy and luxurious. I can't comment on the food as we ate out in the evening (next to the theatre) and ate breakfast in a little place I discovered near Shepherds market just around the corner.

This place is a gem. In the middle of everywhere, but simultaneously in the middle of nowhere as it's tucked into a quiet street (handy for a good night's sleep) of millionaires mansions off of Park Lane

We will be back to experience the service again - and this time the food. Congratulations to the management and staff of this lovely little hotel

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Messyshaw
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that we were able to welcome you for such a special birthday trip. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at the Chesterfield Mayfair last August. We had a wonderful stay. The staff was very helpful and welcoming and the location can't be beat. We walked everywhere! The Green Park tube station is a few blocks away and Shepard's Market has good restaurants and pubs. Our room was a standard double. While it was small, it had all the conveniences we needed, and a great shower with lots of hot water! We booked their weekend package which included tea for 2, daily breakfast and late check out. We booked directly with the hotel and paid @300 dollars a night. For the extras and location we felt it was a good deal. I tried to book with them for a trip in early July but rooms are now going for upwards of 500 dollars a night without breakfast or tea!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I love staying in Mayfair and have thought about the Chesterfield Mayfair many times. This time I satisified my curiosity and could not have had a more delightful experience. The traditional decor is warm and welcoming and the helpful staff was full of good cheer. The bed was oh so comfortable and the bathroom floor was heated. What more could you want! I've stayed at several of the "grand" London hotels and a number of boutique properties but never have had such a thoroughly pleasant stay. I can't wait for my next visit to the Chesterfield Mayfair.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Gerrie M
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback following your recent stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair and I hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.