The Westbury Mayfair
Ranked #423 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We have stayed in the Westbury many times, but have never reviewed it. We were there for four days on business and a little personal time, we asked for an upgrade ( got to try !! ), told that hotel was full but receptionist would arrange through her manager to have a bottle of wine and chocolates left in the room. Our room was a King Deluxe, beautiful room.

Concierge got us very good seats for The Woman in Black, most enjoyable show. Polo Bar very entertaining and snacks very good albeit not very reasonable. We ate out each night so cannot comment on the dining room.

Anyway, we checked out and still had not received the wine or chocolates !!

We will return again even allowing for this oversight of something that a staff member volunteered .

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
TheWestbury, General Manager at The Westbury Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you loyalty as a returning guest at the Westbury Mayfair hotel. I am pleased that you are consistently happy with our services and accommodation and that our concierge was able to improve your stay by arranging theatre tickets. My apologies for the chocolate and wine oversight we will gladly provide these on your next stay.

Zeljko Stasevic

Write a ReviewReviews (1,503)

Reviewed 20 March 2012

The only problem with this wonderful hotel is: do you turn left into Old Bond Street or, right into New Bond Street. I always turn right, meander up Old Bond Street, through Burlington Arcade to Piccadilly and then the Royal Acadamy.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank William-David
TheWestbury, General Manager at The Westbury Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that the Westbury Mayfair was your choice of stay for your visit to London, and that you enjoyed our ideal location in the heart of Mayfair. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 19 March 2012

This hotel is, as they say, in a fabulous position. It is comfortable and adequate, but a little tired. Our bed was very comfortable, but the pillows were a bit ancient - as was the bathroom. We had cocktails in the Polo Bar which were very good. Service initially a bit slow - but picked up. I wouldn't pay full price for this again, but I would look out for it on a discount mainly because it is almost ON Bond Street.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you and your group chose the Westbury Mayfair as your choice of stay for your visit to London. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate all feedback and will take note of your comments concerning our rooms and service, as we aim to improve where needed. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Stayed here for one night in early February. I arrived about an hour before check-in but they still managed to find me a room. The only downside was it was a family room with an interconnecting door. However I cannot complain about this as I was early and they still found me a room.

The hotel is a traditional art deco 5* with original features. I'd guess it would date from the late 20's or 30's. I managed to get a good price with last minute. The public areas look impressive and the service from reception and doormen was good.

The room while not large, was still a good size for London with plenty of furniture, including a desk. The bed was very comfortable. I found the menu system for the TV a bit over complicated initially. The noise through the interconnecting door was minimal. The only downside was some slight ink traces on the armchairs and the lack of anything particularly remarkable about the room.

The location is very central, next to Bond Street and is superb for shopping trips. There are no tube stations nearby but a few within a short walk.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ajhodges0
TheWestbury, General Manager at The Westbury Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you on such short notice, and that you were able to enjoy our ideal location; steps from bond street and minutes from Oxford Circus and Bond Street tube stations. I look forward to having you stay with us again, please book with us ahead of time and we will arrange the room of your choice.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Charming staff, charming hotel, wonderful service and the breakfast is divine. I think I will make a visit to the restaurant next time I stay.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LondonFashionista28
TheWestbury, General Manager at The Westbury Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled to hear your stay with us met your all of your expectations, and more! We are wholly dedicated to our clients in ensuring that all their needs are met. We hope that you enjoyed our ideal location for shopping, city commute and endless options of cafes and restaurants. Thank you for recommending us, and we hope we have you again in the near future. Please contact us directly if you wish us to pre-book your breakfast for your next stay, which we offer our clients at a discounted £15/pp or reserve you a table at our newly opened ‘Alyn Williams at the Westbury’ restaurant. If you require any other additional arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend, in a double room. The location is excellent for shopping in Bond Street, Oxford Street and Regent Street, though not for much else - the nearest tube stations are around 15 minutes walk away, and a taxi to the theatre is Shaftesbury Avenue cost me £12.

The room was small (but then most central London hotel rooms are) but nicely furnished. The bed was very comfortable and the linens of high quality. The bathroom was attractive with good quality toiletries, though the bath was very small indeed! There are no in-room tea / coffee making facilities and a pot of tea from room service is charged at £5 plus service charge. The central heating was poor; at one point I assumed it was not working because the room was so cold but, on asking for it to be checked, was told "that is as good as it gets"

I did not eat breakfast at the hotel (it costs £22-26 which I think is overly expensive no matter how good it is) - there is a Pret a Manger just along the road from the hotel (turn right as you leave the hotel and it is on the right hand side of the road) where you can get tea, coffee, pastries, porridge etc at very reasonable prices.

Staff were pleasant and polite, and the public areas of the hotel are attractive.

I guess my biggest problem was that the hotel left me feeling under-whelmed - it is rated as 5 star but it is disappointing. I have stayed in other 5 star hotels in London like Claridges and the Connaught, and they are in a different league.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
TheWestbury, General Manager at The Westbury Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Westbury Mayfair Hotel, we appreciate your business as well as your consideration for writing a review as we welcome all feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our location, for as you said it is ideal for shopping, dining, and commuting to the rest of London. We do apologise however, that you had issues with the in-room heating and we will look into it straight away to ensure that this is immediately fixed. We take our customer service very seriously, and we are sorry to hear that although you found our staff pleasant and polite that you were under-welcomed. We will look into all mentioned issues you have encountered on your trip, and we ensure that these will be resolved. If you wish to pre-book your breakfast on your next stay, we offer our clients the option of pre-booking their breakfast directly through us online or by phone at an attractive price of £15/pp. Moreover, although we do not offer in-room coffee/tea facilities, these are available upon request from room service, which are replenished daily. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

The location is amazing - in the centre of London - with spectacular shops and galleries and fast access to Oxford St and Picadilly circus. We booked it through secret hotels on lastminute - so didn't pay the rather high rate it is normally! The downside is the price of any extras. You expect the joke mini-bar prices but £25 for a cooked breakfast? (there is no buffet).

Room (deluxe double) was excellent - but don't expect larger rooms due to their price. Nice bathroom (small bath). Staff are friendly but not particularly helpful.

Room Tip: photos on their site show realistic rooms. Higher floors get some views of London.