Washington Mayfair Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
The Fox Club(London)
1,168 results
All reviewsgreen parkcurzon streetgreat locationbuckingham palaceshepherds marketcafe neropiccadilly circushyde parkpubs and restaurantswest endbreakfast was includedafternoon teafull english breakfastcentral locationmin walkthe ritztube station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Stayed for work last night. It was the most awful experience ever. The reception staff were rude, and spoke down to me, requesting photographic ID, and swipes of my card, for a prepaid booking. The room was very hot, even with the AC on. The breakfast was of a poor quality and not to the standard that would be expected for this type of hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Twink_Toes_77
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I would very happily like to share with everyone my experiences at the Washington Mayfair Hotel. I now would like to share with all that I consider it my “London Home”.

While the Mayfair area needs no introduction, one must know that since its an exclusive area there aren't too many utility shops around. Bang opposite the Hotel is a Tesco Express, Café Nero and a Organic Fast Food Place called Chopp’d. You have no idea how important it is in London to have a Tesco opposite your hotel. Whether its Mineral Water ( mind you unlike Asia there’s no free mineral water in any London Hotel), small knick nacks, topping up your mobile pre paid, and nice sandwiches – Tesco is a blessing !

Café Nero makes a good hang out to have for meetings you wish to do outside of the hotel. Though iv not eaten at the Chopp’d yet – heard its good. Besides the famous Shepherd’s Market is diagonally across the street ( 30 metres max !) . Shepherd’s Market has about a dozen restaurants covering French, Italian, Lebanese, and Indian ( awfully Bangladeshi posing as Indian). This again is a boon as you have numerous choices of restaurant just “across the street”. It is situated opposite the famous Half Moon Street, afterwhich a movie was made starring Sigourney Weaver. It is 2 minutes walk from both Green Park and Green Park Tube Station. Location wise I would say its the best located Hotel in Mayfair for both the Business and Leisure Traveller.

I have stayed at this hotel 7 times since 2005. The rooms then were themed in an English manner earlier and now most of them have been renovated to giving them a very Modern look. My last visit there was in April 2012.

The hotel is a small to mid size 4 star hotel. It has friendly staff ( especially at breakfast, Cigdem the Manager there is most humble, attentive and remembers your choice of breakfast etc). The Reception staff and the concierge are both mindful and helpful, very much like Asian Hotels and that’s again a plus. What's really nice is the Hotel’s General Manager ( Mrs. Staunton) is very often seen in the Lobby interacting with guests. That over the period one’s stay, leaves a very positive impact in the guests’ mind.

The Quality of the rooms are excellent, especially the attention to detail my the Housekeeping staff. I stayed there for 10 days this April 2012 and Maria the Housekeeping lady, every single day never forgot one thing – I very observantly was particular as to clean bed sheets etc and am happy to say that in this department, things were top class.

The quality of Food and Beverage was very good. I did order Dinner via Room Service – the quality of the food, the taste and the way it was served was very nice. The hotel has a suitably large choice of Western and Indian Food on its menu – something which is very welcome. Suman Mitra the F&B Manager should get a lot of credit for this.

Its not very often that you end up staying at one hotel for 7 times – I found this hotel by chance and im very happy that iv stayed with them every single time since 2005. Iv also taken my entire family there – as a matter of fact in April 2011 I took my kids to London for the first time and they have amazing memories of staying at this property.

I had read a very nice advert for a Hotel and it said “ When you stay at our hotel ... It stays with you” and this is what has happened to me .. The Washington Mayfair Hotel has “stayed” with me and will for a very long time ... :-)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RajanPatel
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stayed in the hotel last weekend, combining a small business meeting and private visit to London. The location is superb. Mayfair, Piccadilly and Oxford street are close by and the Green Park Underground is only a 3 minutes walk. We walked through the Green Park to visit Buckingham Palace. The front desk staff was very polite and attentive. We arrived at 12.00 pm and the room was available. We stayed on the 7th floor in a large, recently renovated room. Throughout the hotel we had free high speed internet. The breakfastroom was being renovated but breakfast was alternatively well presented in the bar and restaurant area. the service was excelent and the buffet was promptly refilled when needed. The cooked items were well served.
The hotel may look a bit tired but this is very well compensated by the great service the we experienced.
The concierge(s) were very friendly and extremely helpfull and suggested some great restaurants for dinner.

I would certainly return to this hotel next time when I am in London.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ErikdeWit
Reviewed 3 May 2012

we stayed here in January for one night,ipaid £99 for the two of us online.We were pleasently surprised that the room was very modern not huge but big enough,we didn't use any of the facilities so i can't comment,for the price i paid and for it being in the heart of Mayfair you can't go wrong

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Arrived at hotel early,on checking in we were asked for some I.D, a driving licence, unfortunately we didn't have one with us,so they asked if we had a credit or debit card, so stupidly i handed over my debit card which they swiped, i ask why they did that as i had paid in advanced for the hotel and theatre tickets combo and they said" if we have anything out of the mini bar it would be charged to our card that was fine, had no problem with that,our room was clean but very very hot as there seem to be something wrong with the a/c,t.v,the picture was awful and outside our bedroom window on a roof was a white towel which didn't look to good,we couldn't open the window to make our room cooler,had a lovely day and evening in london,checked out at 9.30 next day was asked if we had had anything from the mini bar which was no,so i was very shocked to see on my bank statement that the hotel had taken £50 out, on ringing them they told me they take a holding fee,which was news to me,he said" it would be put back within 5 day, left it for a week still no money, rang them again to be told they are keeping the money because we had been sick all over the sheets and down the side of the bed and we had thrown a towel out off the window, the window that we could not open,as you can imagine i was shocked, i could not believe they can take my money out of my account without my permission, as for being sick, was a load of rubbish, they said"they had evidence which we did not see because it did not happen,please,please don't stay at this hotel as there is a scam going on,my birthday weekend has been spoilt by this horrible hotel.

Room Tip: don't go
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple