“Hotel”
Review of Phoenix Hotel

Phoenix Hotel
Ranked #286 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The Hotel was good value for the money , we got to the hotel at 10 am just to drop our bags of and we were given our room straight away, the room was on the front,clean beds,tea making ,clean bathroom with toiletries,it was a little on the small side,but that wasnt a problem as it was only for sleeping the main thing to us it was clean, the room was warm and we couldnt open the windows not sure about this with the safety factor but we had a fan to cool us down. The breakfast was continental, it was very nice you could have full english if you wanted at extra cost it did look very nice, the hotel is around the corner from two undergrounds and 5 mins from kensington park fantastic location, the high street is good for a nice meal. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the front
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,711)

Reviewed 13 February 2012

The best part of this hotel is its location. We stayed 3 nights. Very slow elevator; very small but clean bedroom, and very small bathroom; hanging space limited and access impractical. If you have a large suitcase, you'll have difficulty to open it (and not talking about having 2 suitcases!) since free space is really scarce. Breakfast is fine and not expensive (even better if it's included in the room price). When we asked the reception for a cab to take us to St Pancras Station, they said that a mini-cab would cost £23; we declined the offer and hailed a regular cab in the street - once at the station, the metered fare was £15 !

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2012

11th Feb 2012. Having decided to celebrate “Valentines” a little early (by a few days) my wife and I booked into the Phoenix at Kensington Garden Square. We'd stayed here a few times before but not for over a year. When we walked into the hotel it was as welcoming as we remembered from last time and nice and warm (which was a boon on this particular day, having left our house earlier in Peterborough with the temperature at -10!!). The Phoenix has a cottage feel to it and many of the original features of the building have been maintained inc. many of the fire places, dado rail etc. With several very comfortable seating areas adjacent to the lobby and good internet access, the hotel has huge appeal to the business and leisure traveller alike and yet, thankfully lacks the oppressive hustle and bustle of modern hotels. The rooms are very cosy and comfortable and have all the facilities one could wish for. Add to this the helpful, well mannered and courteous staff at the hotel and in my opinion, this is a very special hotel and the ideal choice for a stay close to London's theatres or if you just want to "take the air" in Hyde Park. My wife and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I have been using the Phoenix hotel for a number of years now. Predominantly Monday to Fridays whilst I am working in London. I occasionally use the hotel for personal / family trips to London. The hotel is very clean, the staff helpful and accommodating. Single rooms are small but for the business man looking for a good place to stay - you cannot fault it. A great hotel with good room rates. Great Value for Money !

The nearest tube is Bayswater, which is 4 minutes walk away serving the Circle and District lines, whist a further 4 minutes at the top of Queensway (Opposite Hyde Park) is Queensway Tube Station - Central Line. Paddington Rail Station is close by to the hotel (5 min taxi ride or 15 minute walk)

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night. As I have stayed at this property 3 times before I knew what to expect. Small rooms, small bathrooms, average service and a slow lift. i have to say that during this stay I was a bit disappointed. The radiator in my room wa boiling hot, and it was impossible to turn it down. But with help of a fan and a wide open window I sort of survived the night. The room I got this time was also very outdated, and not as new as my rooms on prior visits. But the price for this hotel is still okay, and the location is fantastic with both Baywater and Queensway tube station just around the corner. But I would reccomend this hotel only if you are staying here for 1 or maximum two night.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Groundhopper
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I've stayed in this hotel with my 20 years old daughter for a whole week and we think it was flawless: excelent and clean accomodation, nice staff, served by two tube stations - Bayswater (circle and district line) and Queensway (central line) - walking distance to nice places such as Hyde Park and Notting Hill Gate and a fantastic breakfast.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the street tend to be a little bit noiser, nothing that can stop heavy sleepers...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Phoenix Hotel on 23 January for 1 night and was impressed by the friendly staff and the reception we got. We could not fault it in any way. It is great location for a night out in London, convenient and easy to get around with two tube stations only a few minutes away. The bedroom was comfortable, clean and very quiet. There is also a lot to do nearby and near to all the major attractions. I would recommend the hotel for anyone dining out in London and also for visitors from abroad. Nothing was too much trouble and breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple