“Not Great for Business Travel” 3 of 5 bubbles

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #264 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California
“Not Great for Business Travel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Okay, so the hotel is really nice. It's very clean, the rooms are pretty large, well decorated, and staff is friendly and helpful. I ordered room service a few times, and I thought it was very good.

I'm staying here for business travel, and on my last night of stay, with a 12 hour flight the next day, there's a party happening on my floor. It's been loud all night, and it's 4AM here and it's still going on. It sounds like a bunch of people took over this floor. I complained to the front desk several times, but they said because there are so many people in different rooms that it's hard to handle. I'm not sure if they are absolutely loud or if the sound insulation is horrible, but it's really loud. The staff was very courteous and let me know the manager is trying to handle it, but it's just out of control.

So, as nice as this hotel is, I don't think this hotel is meant for business travelers.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the elevators.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
K_West_Hotel_Spa, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you for your feed back. I’m glad to hear that the hotel, room and staff impressed you. I am so sorry that you were disturbed with noise from other guests, as we do try our hardest to ensure that our guests are not disturbed at such hours. I can assure you that this is not a common occurrence and I have forwarded on your comments to the relevant Managers to look into the problem further. This aside, I do hope that you will give us another opportunity, and look forward to welcoming you back.
Hilary Cross

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Arabic first

Spa: Excellent
Massage: Excellent
Food: Good
Hospitality: Excellent

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
1 Thank Basirat A
Thank you for your lovely review! We would be delighted to welcome you back soon!
Stroud, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Stayed for a few days on business.

The room was on first impressions, excellent, with a huge bed and plenty of room. It was clean, with modern fittings and not too hot (why do most hotels seem to have the heating on full blast?). We were given a ground floor room and it was comparatively quiet.

All good until we tried the room service. On two nights running they got the order or missed items, the food itself was dull and hugely over-priced - even allowing for the free meal we got as compensation for their cock-up. We ate out on the third night. They blamed being busy for Valentines, but they could have staffed up for it.

Small things but irritating - designer taps looked great but were difficult to turn off completely. TV controls were so worn down you couldn't see the buttons and the channel selections were very limited. Not just our room suffered with this, colleagues also found this annoying.

I booked through Late Rooms, but got charged the normal hotel rates - something to watch for...

All in all a good hotel, let down by small easily preventable things.

Room Tip: Ground floor high numbers mean a quiet night.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Graham E
Thank you for your review. I’m pleased to hear that the room was to your taste. I apologize for the mix-up with your room service order and can assure you that your feedback has been forwarded on to the Food & Beverage Manager and Kitchen staff to prevent this from happening again. This aside, I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to change your mind and show you our usual high standard of service here at K West, and all it has to offer. Kind Regards,
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed at the K-West as part of our First Wedding Anniversary celebrations, choosing the hotel as we had a spa voucher which we could use in their spa as well, as well as being close to the Central line and easy access into the West End. Arriving at the hotel 30 minutes before the check-in time confirmed on our booking, we were surprised to be told that no standard rooms were ready and if we wanted to check in we could upgrade to an executive room (that handily was ready) for an extra £36. Being our anniversary, and having a packed schedule we decided to go for it. The room was nice enough, if a bit bland, set towards the back of the hotel. It was the coldest weekend of the year, so before we went out we turned the heating on full and left for the evening. However, when we returned the room was still freezing! We called housekeeping twice before they brought us some extra blankets (one was actually a matress cover!) almost an hour later. In the morning we had a lovely breakfast in our room, before checking out. In the hotel's credit they refunded our upgrade charge when we complained about the lack of heating, but I still felt this was a bit of a cheeky ploy to get guests to upgrade on weekend check-ins!

That afternoon we enjoyed a couples treatment in the spa with a brilliant therapist who left us both feeling calm and relaxed (the dry floatation treatment was amazing!) We spent some time after in the jacuzzi and steam room in the relaxation room, but didn't get to use the snow experience as it was broken (some signs or indication would have been nice though!!) GHD straightners in the changing rooms were a nice touch, and the atmosphere and high quality finish in the spa were impressive. Our lunch (included in the spa package) was extremely disappointing - arriving almost an hour after we had booked it!

A great location and could be a great hotel, they just need to iron out a few customer service issues. Perhaps then it would come highly recommended by me, rather than just ok.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for your feedback. I’m so sorry that we left you feeling disappointed on this special celebration. This is definitely not the standard of service we pride ourselves on, and I am sorry to hear that we fell below our usual standards. With regards to the snow room I am sorry that we did not call you to let you know it was out of use. As a way of apology we would like to offer you a spa day pass for you and your husband. We do really hope that you will return to K West and have an opportunity to experience the hotel in the near future. Once again I do apologize for your past experience here at K West, but I hope that you will accept our gesture by way of apology, and we hope to welcome you soon.
Plano
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

For our group of 8 this was a great location to Olympia Hall. The small shopping center had a morrisons grocery store in it. Great to stock up on water and snacks for the room. Shepards Bush train was a short walk away, also a short walk to Notting Hill and Kensington Palace.

Rooms were great and hot water was plentiful. Beds were a bit hard but my team was grateful for modern room and breakfast in the bar in the a.m.

Front desk staff was so helpful when we needed to mail packages and arranging cars for appointments in town.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your lovely review. I’m pleased to hear that you and the rest of your group enjoyed your stay and that you found it to be in a convenient location. I’m pleased that you found our staff to be so helpful, they are such a great asset to our team! We look forward to you returning soon!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Great atmosphere and location.
It is really easy to book with different options
Only bad point was the pricing, not that is was over-expensive, but just that everything was an extra. Even the face room price didn't included VAT...
Still recommended it though.

1 Thank diogoxluis
Thank you for your feedback although I’m sorry though that you found us to be expensive. We do price in line with our competitors and believe we offer good value by giving our guests the choice of add ons to complete their booking according to what they are looking for in their stay. This aside I am delighted that you would recommend us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed on the 11th February for one night to celebrate Valentines . We arrived early but where able to check into our room immediately ( noon ) . Our room was superb and on reading reviews from disparaged guests who had stayed previously and were unhappy with their rooms I am surprised as I could not fault the size , cleanliness , quality at all . We used the Spa which was great , our restaurant experience was superb and our overall stay was very enjoyable . Prices for drinks etc are not cheap £10 on average but it is London !!!! . Would we stay again ? Most definitely .

• Stayed February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
K_West_Hotel_Spa, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Valentines celebration and that your check in went smoothly. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your K West experience and that you would definitely stay again, we would be delighted to welcome you back soon!