“Nice hotel near the tube”
Review of K West Hotel & Spa

K West Hotel & Spa
Ranked #282 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Nice hotel with large rooms. Each room has a sofa bed and a large bath.
The location was pretty good within walking distance to the tube and a shopping center
It is located pretty close to Notting hill and Kensington.

• Stayed: March 2012
K_West_Hotel_Spa, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I’m pleased to hear that our hotel was to your taste and conveniently located for your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Having visited London several times, we enjoy staying in out-of-the-way neighborhoods to see a less touristy side of the city. K West Hotel & Spa is located in the multiethnic, middle-class neighborhood of Sheperds Bush. It's about 3 tube stops out of the central city.

The hotel is large, nearly a block long, and seems popular, particularly with Spanish and Italian guests. Children are welcome, although not admitted to the spa. If you have a stroller or can't carry luggage, avoid the 7th floor, which is accessible only by stairs.

Our room was small but newly refurbished and extremely clean, with an extra-long bathtub. Service was fine. The hotel restaurant was OK but not superb. While there are virtually no other restaurants in the area around the hotel, the giant Westfield mall about a 10 minute walk away has eating places in every price class. Westfield is a gorgeous new mall that has many of the shops and department stores that can also be found on Oxford Street or elsewhere in London. It's a good retail experience, particularly if it's raining. Probably not right for a first-time visitor to London, but we really enjoyed our day there.

In general, we were satisfied with our stay at the K West.

One final tip: if you arrive at Victoria Station via the Gatwick Express, as we did, don't take the Tube out to Sheperds Bush, particularly if you have luggage. The London Underground has almost no elevators, and you will find yourself dragging your bags up and down many flights of stairs. Instead, take the C1 bus, which has its first stop at Victoria and its last stop across the street from the KWest.

Room Tip: The very small 7th floor is quiet, but not accessible by elevator. It is also a very long walk from...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KayDenmark
K_West_Hotel_Spa, General Manager at K West Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I never write reviews and i normally just take others comments with a pinch of salt but this place annoyed me so much i felt i should show how much. We arrived at the hotel to find that in order to park our car we needed to pay for it. I didn't expect this and then to find out that it would cost £36 for the night I felt like I should be paying for any extra room for it. Things got worse when you read the small print on the ticket where the company parking the vehicle state they accept no responsibility for driving or parking your car but they won't let you park it yourself or have your keys back. Not sure how this stands with an isurance company especially when they leave it unattended with the car running for some time to the side of the hotel? To then find out that the spa costs £25 per person on top of the room rate made me feel like I was boardiing one of our famous cheap airlines!! I will never go back!

Stayed: April 2012
8  Thank AndyRtwells

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry that you did not feel that you should be charged for car parking or Spa entry. In order to offer great value rooms we prefer to offer our guest a room only rate and then offer optional extras like the spa, breakfast, parking etc, so that our guest only pays for the services that they actually want to use, but I understand that this did not meet your expectations and I apologise for this.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed at k west for 2 nights in an executive room. Very spacious comfortable room, great location for tubes and local shops.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feedback. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the K West soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

had a few days to relax before heading to points east so...london was a lovely weekend layover.never stayed here before,so it was a great surprise to actually stay somewhere that lived up to the website hype...spacious rooms,nice layout,great english breakfast,friendly service and...THE SPA!!! THE CHILL AREA WAS WORTH THE PRICE OF ADMISSION ALONE!! there are no words for the stress that will leave your being in this place! the management staff are helpful for any special needs,request or problems[slow 'free' internet] and add to this: the huge westfield mall and the central line tube only blocks away will get you to all the tourist spots fairly quickly...good restaurants and pubs in walking distance...ahhh...i need to go back...soon...!KD

Room Tip: ask for a quiet garden view room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank k d

Thank you for such a lovely review. It’s great to hear that our hotel lived up to your high expectations and I’m pleased to hear that many elements of your stay impressed you. We would be delighted to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I've been staying at the K West for about 6-7 years now, and it's always improving. Ever since the Westfield shopping center opened down the road it has become one of the most convenient places to stay in London. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Only major downside is the slow wi-fi. Be sure to ask for a room close to the elevators too, because the corridors are quite long.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevators. Mobile phone service can be spotty on the subterranean floors...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank karen r

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to hear that you find our hotel conveniently located and the room accommodating. We are consciously and continuously trying to think of new ways we can improve as a hotel and I am pleased to hear that you believe we are doing a good job in doing so. I’m sorry to hear that you found our WIFI a little slow and the corridors quite long, next time you visit please request room closer to the elevators and our staff will be more than happy to allocate you one. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I've stayed over at the K West numerous times now, and have loved every stay. Infact since the hotel opened and was all red and blue!! Much easier on the eye now!
Bar always busy, good cocktails and DJ till 1am... I think it was 1 anyway, like I said cocktails!
There are some really good quiter areas just passed reception. One where we broke out of the bar area and had a mini " after " party stay before last!! lovely velvet purple colour scheme in those areas and 4 pc's to use.
Hotel is so easy to get to if arriving by tube and car alike, 5 mins from Shepherd's bush station.
I love the spa, have used both the wet spa and had treatments there, staff down there are fabulous.
I've stayed in Deluxe and Exec rooms, both great size, the exec gives you the seating area. Having tea and coffee in the room, hairdryer and iron and board, just make you realise that someone has thought about what you actually need from a hotel room. Plus half decent black out curtains!!
The only tip I would give anyone on the room, is the shower. I dont know why, but I forgot every time its the middle knob on the wall that you turn! great shower when you've called the engineer to come and help you work it out!!
We ate out at the Jam Tree this stay which came highly recommended and it was one of the best meals I've eaten out for some time. Its just a 5-10 min walk.
Had a great stay once again!

Room Tip: go for deluxe and above
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charlotte G

Thank you for such a lovely review. It’s great to hear that you have enjoyed every single stay with us, its feedback like this that really makes our jobs worth while! I’m pleased to hear that you were lucky enough to try out our newly refurbished spa facilities and treatments with our fabulous spa team; I will forward your kind comments on to them. We would be delighted to welcome you back soon.