1,829 results
All reviews hyde park continental breakfast nice hotel kensington gardens junior suite full english notting hill quiet street the ground floor paddington station london hotel central line excellent location club room min walk lovely room oxford street
Reviewed March 7, 2018

This is very convenient to Hyde Park, but to get anywhere else it is at least a 30 minute walk or a bus ride. The street is lovely, and has a few good restaurants on it. The construction made the hotel very user unfriendly, and the staff did not seem welcoming at all. The front desk is in a small room and the clerk was quite rude every time I spoke to her. When we arrived, our room was not ready & to get it at 1 rather than 3 the desk clerk wanted 50 pounds, so nope. We stowed our bags in their storage area & went for breakfast. When we returned (at about 3:30) our room was still not ready & we wanted to sit in the "lobby" to wait. At that time & other times throughout the stay, it seemed they did not want people in the "lobby" room. There were others checking in at the same time, there was no organization, some people got waited on before others who had been waiting. The bar was in another small room, & you would think due to the inconvenience of having to wait past check in time they would give me the tea I ordered for free, but nope, had to pay 3 pounds for it. Desk clerk asked if we wanted to buy breakfast, we said no, & it was included anyway. She was just trying to get more money out of us. Breakfast was very good, but again in a small room. Due to the construction, I am sure much of this will change, but I can not see the unwelcome feeling changing. The only friendly employees were the 2 men, not sure if they were concierge or bartender or what, since they seemed to just hang out in the hallway. Our room was ok, but the shower water sprayed all over & the temperature was impossible to control. When inquiring about the bill the night before check out I was told it was in order & we did not owe anything, I could just drop off the key in the morning. I tried to do this & was told we owed 3 pounds for phone calls, nope, not right. Overall, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Blakemore_10, General Manager at Blakemore Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. We are very surprised with your review, as you can see from our past/newer reviews we always try to accommodate and please our guests. We would like to look after you upon your next visit to London. We hope to welcome you soon and ensure you have a better experience with us.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

We had 4 nights February/march 2018.
The room was nice, beds good and bathroom great.
The breakfast was very good with more than bacon, egg and beans.
Quite decent little gym.
The location was very nice indeed, close to Hyde Park and walking distans (within 30 min) to very many things we wanted to visit.
Just now some construction activities are taking place - so there can be some noice.
HOWEVER.....
We had 4 objects stolen, one portable speaker among them.
The process dealing with this was extremly poor!
The front desk was not able to deal with this any way close to our satisfaction.
Their ability to address us as customers and take care of our satisfaction and well being was very much below expectations.
We was never approached by front desk or any other hotel staff - them telling us of their progress or our well being or concern due to the theft.
I also asked for the hotel management to step up and have a discussion on what have happend - nothing.
At check-out from the hotel I finally asked for a last update and nothing other than that they had interviewed the room maid (quite reluctant to think she did it!).
Asked again for their management.
Recieved a business card to their sales and marketing manager and was asked to contact her if i wanted to take the diskussion further.
Rather amazing i think - not them contacting me and trying to take care of me as dissatisfied customer.
I wrote an email at the airport on Friday March 2d.
I recieved an appologizing answer on Tuesday, the 6th of March.
Case closed!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Christer L

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review at the Blakemore Hyde Park.
We do apologize you did not have the best experience. We normally have very good standards, however we will look into what you have mentioned in your review. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you soon again so you can have an even better stay next with us next time.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

We were supposed to stay at this hotel for a birthday celebration 3rd - 5th March, only to find ongoing renovation work. This was not disclosed on their own website at time of our booking. VERY disappointed. There was nowhere to sit for a drink in the evening. They had a makeshift bar which had 4 seats. We had 5 in our group.
We transferred over to their other hotel Norfolk Towers. This hotel is nice, clean and convenient to Paddington Station.
Only downside is the BATHROOM... It is very small as one has to manoeuvre around the door to get in. This would NOT suit people on the plus size ( 16+ ). The bedrooms are small but clean and adequate for the purpose.
I would consider staying here again if in that area of London.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room with spacious bathroom
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us and also for your comments which we will take on board. I'm glad we were able to assist your needs and move you to our Sister hotel, which you were happy with their clean rooms and it location near Paddington Station. Look forward to seeing you soon in London at Blakemore Hyde Park.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Visited London and Blakemore Hyde Park with my daugther (18y) to see London's best tourist sites and spend time together.
The hotel is located on a good spot, just north of Hyde Park. Communication is easy, use the double decked buses to take you where you want to go, or the tube also located nearbye. Back to the hotel.
Booked about 3 weeks ago. Nothing on their website telling me that they were undergoing Big renovations and that their restaurant were closed. The hotel reception moved into a linencloset and that they built up a small bar in a former storage room. The room itself was good. However small details as the toiletseat was not properly fastened to the closet revealed that they could have a closer eye cleaning the toilets, actually pretty grose.
Like the "do not disturb"/"please make up this room" light contacts Room was clean enough and cozy. Would be good to place an outlet at both bedsides though.
A good thing was that we had a complimentary full breakfast through our stay as compensation for all the renovations mess. So far, its a good stay but still dissapointed for the 170 pounds I am paying per night.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review here at the Blakemore Hyde Park. I'm glad to hear you were happy with the hotel's location and our rooms. We do appreciate your feedback and will take this on board. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Stayed with my daughter the weekend of 17.02.2018 visiting the city to see the Harry Potter Play.

The Blakemore is located on the opposite side of Hyde Park to The Royal Albert Hall, within reasonable walking distance through the park for the Albert Hall, V&A, Natural History Museum etc

Hotel

Staff really professional and polite, with great customer service from reception, to the bar, dining room and cleaning staff.

Hotel will store your luggage if you arrive early and check in is quick and easy. I checked on our arrival that we had a bath as well as shower in our room and was told we had. However, the room we were allocated only had a shower. A quick call to reception and within 15 minutes we were given a different room.

Room

The room wasn't massive, but it was well laid out and furnished. We had a twin room but the beds were together and couldn't be separated as bedside cabinets were fixed to the wall so might not suit everyone.

Lovely sized bathroom with really generous sized bath, much needed after walking round the city all day. Rainfall type shower which we were worried might not be very powerful but it was.

View from our 5th floor was a lovely city view over the rooftops.

Had a bit of an issue with the TV couldn't figure out how it worked despite trying all the buttons on the remote and the TV. Although the peace and quiet made a nice change. It was sorted by the time we returned after the theatre the following day.

The room was cleaned to a very high standard during our stay, the housekeeping staff do an excellent job

Didn't realise we had continental breakfast included in the price we paid which was a nice bonus.

Lovely breakfast room and the lady greeting guests was lovely. Really good selection for breakfast including rolls, pastries, meats and fresh fruit. Only 1 minor point is would be nice for there to be a couple extra juice choices, cranberry in particular would be a nice addition. A lot of emphasis is placed on being offered a full 'English' breakfast in hotels etc and whilst the hotel did offer a buffet hot breakfast as well for a reasonable additional charge, I enjoy a continental breakfast and don't think it is an absolute must for me to stay somewhere that offers a cooked breakfast. I like the flexibility of room only so you don't feel obliged to eat a breakfast you don't want just because you have paid for it so the options the Blakemore offer really work for me and I would certainly have tried the cooked option if I had been staying longer.

There were refurbishment works starting on the day we left. The staff were really well organised making sure visitors knew where facilities were, which doors to use etc.

Would definitely consider using this hotel again if visiting central London.

Location

The hotel is in a really nice quiet location which is lovely when staying in such a busy city. It is within easy walking distance of at least 3 tube stations. There is a pub, restaurant and convenience shops on the same street and a small bustling high street just 5 minutes walk away, Basewater station is on the high street as well as shops, fast food restaurants, pubs etc.

If your visit is to see the Harry Potter play you will be amazed, it is brilliant, whether you are a massive fan like my daughter or just enjoy Harry Potter. The whole experience is great from the staff, to the beautiful theatre. Don't worry if you end up queuing round the theatre this is because of security checks on entry. The security staff are really efficient and the queue moves really quickly.

There are some lovely traditional pubs next to the theatre, we wanted to eat in China Town but it was Chinese New Year so it was really busy. Ate at a Spanish Tapas Restaurant just across the road from the theatre between the 2 showings.

Places worth a visit

Outdoor cafe in Hyde Park, lovely toasted sandwiches etc (next to the Diana memorial play park). We were lucky enough in February to be able to enjoy eating outside in the park it was a really warm sunny day.

Victoria and Albert Museum. Well worth a visit has something for any museum lover, from art, to sculptures. It was really interesting just to see all the artists sitting and drawing some of the exhibits. The museum is free, there are boxes you can put a donation in, think it was £5 recommended donation each and a £1 donation for a map. I think it is amazing to see places like this available to everyone for free, and leaving it to the individual to decide whether they want to donate without feeling obligated.

Sky Garden at the 'Walkie Talkie'. Wasn't quite what I was imagining, thought it had more plants etc, but was more of a large cafe with a lot of shrubbery. However, it is free, and on a clear dry day I imagine the view from the terrace is amazing. It was wet and misty when We were there so the terrace was closed. There are stickers on the windows around the edge of the Sky Garden identifying what famous landmark you should be able to see from that point. Note, there is security, like airport security, so allow a bit of time, the queue wasn't too big for us, but imagine in better weather it will be a more popular attraction.

Tower Bridge and the Tower of London are within easy walking distance of the Sky Garden. We visited the Tower of London, and while I think the Tower of London wasn't particularly cheap, there is no denying what an amazing historic location it is. Think we were lucky with the weather not being too good meant that it wasn't too busy. Be prepared for lots of steps though!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Alison,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Blakemore Hyde Park and the wonderful five star review. Hope you had a good time at Harry Potter Play . We appreciate your fantastic review and enjoyed and thank you for you kind words on all our staff we take pride ensuring our guests have a pleasant stay.
Please free to get in touch with us directly and will we do our best to ensure more great stays at our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.