Royal Eagle Hotel
US$232
US$197
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$173
Hotel 41(London)
US$1,049
  • Room Service
1,162 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Best thing about this hotel is location. Other than that I am struggling to find anything positive to say. The service is the poorest I have ever come across. We were staying in London to celebrate my mums birthday and on arrival asked where the bar was. We were told the bar didn’t open until 6 which we thought was a bit rubbish for a hotel but anyway at 6 we went down to the bar to find nobody serving. My boyfriend went to reception to ask if someone could serve us and we were told that the bar person was having a fag and she will be back in ten minutes. Nobody else offered to serve us. The decor is absolutely awful, the wall paper is hanging off, the main entrance door was broken and the whole place needs refurbishing and modernising.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked this hotel last February. At the end of the day, they did sent us to a partner hotel because of surbooking and did charge us twice (despite calling them to confirm reservation, they do not accept to correct dubbel charging).

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well localized hotel, close to Paddintong Station. Nice staff and room always clean.

However the room was really small and without double glazing in the windows, which makes us have all the noise from the street in the room. The Wi-Fi almost didn't work during all our stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed this past weekend for 2 nights as part of a birthday trip to London. Beforehand, I had emailed requesting a room with a bath and shower if possible and I was told they only have rooms with a bath or rooms with a shower, but none with both. Considering the traveler photos on TripAdvisor showing rooms with both i'm unsure as to why they felt the need to lie but anyway, hardly important and maybe a misunderstanding.
Check in was easy, we were early and we stored our bags for £1 each which is reasonable, and the reception staff were very pleasant. Our room was on the 5th floor which was good, as the noise from the road below would have been too much if any lower, not the hotels fault at all however.
Our room was small but had everything we needed (hairdryer, safe, tea/coffe etc), however the shower was almost impossible to get into, the folding doors were incredibly stiff and made getting in and out very difficult, if we were older I can see this being an issue. Also no conditioner provided along with the shampoo and shower gel.
The room was very clean however there was a very strong smell (almost like pear drops - but not as nice and much more of a chemical smell) in the room and stronger in the bathroom. I suspect the smell came from the strange plastic air freshener clipped underneath the sink.
The bed was very comfortable however it was two single pushed together on separate bases which was very annoying, zip and link type mattresses would have been much better to stop the beds from drifting apart which they did quite quickly.
All in all it was okay - not the best but certainly not the worst. A very convenient location and on budget, I wouldn't hesitate to stay again - just a few things that could be better!

Room Tip: Make sure you put your 'Do Not Disturb' tag on the door, unless you want to be woken up early by housekeeping!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alice S
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here three days and I found the room very nice and clean. We had a four beds room, one was downstairs and the other three upstairs (this was a perfect solution for privacy). The staff was friendly and the position is good. You can easily reach Paddington and Lancaster Gate 5 minutes walking

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family