Falcon Hotel
The Pilgrm(London)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspaddington stationno elevatorbeansprivate toiletenglish breakfastsingle roombreakfast was includedsmall roombasic hotelhome away from homeconvenient locationthird floorfull englishyogurtpubsluggagesink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days in Mar. 2012.
This hotel is very functional and considerate of the guests.
It has many small considerations for the guests and I will come back this hotel again.
Positive sides. Very cheap price. Location for arrival from Heathrow airport. You arrive at Paddington station directly from Heathrow within 1 hour and takes 5 min. walk from the station. This makes perfect location because I have to flight back via Heathrow as well.
It takes 20~25 min to Piccadilly circus by Paddington underground or Bus 23. Very good public transportation to the center of London. The 23 bus runs 24 hours per day. very convenient. Free breakfast. It has variations for scrambled egg or two fried eggs. They take your order for the cooking. They have fruit cocktails, cereals, juices, toasts, bacon. I cannot complain about it at all. I enjoyed it. They have computer room downstairs and it is free. For the Wi-Fi in your room, you need to pay small amount of money. The only minor side of the hotel will be the size of the room and the narrow stairways to the upper floors. But, if you are healthy, you will understand this hotel has many lovely features. They have coffee pot in the small room even. Overall, this is good business hotel and for the better luxery hotel, you should pay more. Also, the manager of the hotel is very eager to maintain the hotel and improve the hotel. I think her attitude is the main reason why this small hotel maintains its quality and reputation.

Room Tip: Be ready to take your luggages to the a little steep stairways.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TotoroNJ
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Great location for a stopover near Paddington Station. Friendly and helpful staff. The room was small but very clean. My only gripe would be that the coffee served with breakfast was instant. Other than that, highly recommended in its category.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SmilingSolo
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Norfolk Square is an excellent location to stay if you want to stay near the Paddington train station. I choose there as I wanted to travel to Manchester and Bath and I did not want to drag my luggages around.

There are cheaper stays around that area but after reading the reviews for the other hotels/B&bs, Falcon hotel is probably the best accommodation at that price.

As mentioned by other reviewers, there are many eateries and shops around area and even if you go back late at night, the area is not seedy. Room is small which I expected but I did not find the room to be that clean. It was very dusty and the bedsheet had a lot of stains. The bathroom also had hairs left behind by the previous guests.

Breakfast was decent but I had better during my stay in UK. There is a computer near the reception for the guests to use and if you need any toiletries or daily necessities, you can just buy it at the reception. The price is as cheap or even cheaper than what you can get at the shops outside.

Overall, for the price, I can't complain much about this place. I recall paying around 74 pounds per night (Double with toliet inside the room) and it is cheaper to book directly with the hotel rather than using hotels booking website.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ysouk
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I recently stayed in this hotel. I had another hotel booked but cancelled due to the reviews of Falcon..... Perhaps its because I am not accustomed to staying in London but I was expecting more value for money at £116 per night. The rooms are clean but extremely small, just enough room for a double bed and a dressingtable. Our room was right at the very top floor which was a bit of a treck after a day of sightseeing (or coming home late at night!)

Location however was excellent, only around the corner from paddington station and the staff were very friendly.

They follow their own breakfast times however - it states to 9am monday to friday (which really means 8:30 if you want a hot breakfast) and 9:30 at weekends (again we were told on our last day when we arrived at 9:20 that we were too late for any food even toast!)

I dont think we'll go back but if your looking for somewhere central to put your head down for a few nights where you are spending most of your time viewing the sights of London then this is the place to go!

Room Tip: Try to stay clear of the top floor - its a good 5-6 flights of stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Falcon Hotel from February 11 to February 17. Yes, the room we were in was small (#6) but we knew that going in. We are from Minnesota so we are accustomed to lots of space, but we felt that the room was part of the experience of being in a foreign country/city. Plus the price was right - only about $100 a night (US Dollars). Hotels right across the street were for far more $$ and looked to be about the same type of thing.

The Falcon was easy to find - we took the Heathrow Connect - and it took us to Paddington Station in about 25 minutes (1/2 the price of the Heathrow Express and only 10 - 15 minutes longer). I felt very safe as they had someone at the front desk most of the time. I understood that someone on staff was always there overnight as well. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Helped us out with info and suggestions when we needed it.

The breakfast was actually really good too. Lots of food! Great coffee! The room was clean and provided for all our needs. *Americans - remember a power adapter. Here in the states we are used to having our toiletries provided-they are not at the Falcon. There was bar soap in the bathroom but if you wanted anything else you either have to bring it or you can purchase it from the hotel. The beds were comfortable. They did have a hot water pot for tea or instant coffee in the room too. Showers had lots of hot water, though they too were smaller than we are accustomed. There was a hairdryer in the room as well.

There are tons of little shops around the Paddington area - everything from groceries, pubs, coffee shops, change bureaus, post office, souvenirs and even a hospital were all within easy walking distance. Transportation was easy to figure out too - just remember that you are near Paddington station.

We had a really great time on our first trip overseas and I'm happy to say that the Falcon was part of that. Thanks again! Hope to stay again sometime.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple