Dukes Hotel
  • Room Service
The Fox Club(London)
  • Breakfast included
1,579 results
All reviewsmartini bardrawing roomian fleminggreen parkst jamesquiet cul de sacfamous martiniafternoon teaenglish hotelboutique hotelbuckingham palacebond streetperfect locationsmall hoteljunior suitewonderful staywonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Stayed for just one night on 30th March after being recommended this hotel by a friend - what a good recommendation.

The service and standard of accommodation is excellent and the rooms have everything you need for your stay. I required non feather pillows and these were brought within minutes of asking. The only slightly negative things were the floor boards in our room squeaked with every step but that is to be expected in on old building.

Cocktails in the bar was a lovely experience and I thought the prices were really reasonable.

I have booked this hotel in 4 weeks time for 13 people and I have no worries that all party will. enjoy their stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Softail1
IainHaigh, Guest Relations Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back. I assure you that your party will enjoy every second!

Kind Regards

Iain Haigh

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Tucked away off Piccadilly, this venue was a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of central London. Tranquility and relaxation combined with a wonderful cocktail barman, made our visit a memorable occasion. My wife plumped for a gin-based cocktail while I sampled the Meantime pale ale which was possibly the best brew I had tasted for many a year. I was interested in the fact that it is thought Ian Fleming got his idea of "shaken not stirred" here which featured in his James Bond adventures. The barman was only too willing to explain how this came about which added a nice touch to our visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TwitchersEngland

Thank you so much for your very kind comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back for another martini, “shaken not stirred”!

Kind Regards

Iain Haigh

Reviewed 31 March 2012

If you're away for a special occasion, and want to be looked after, in a well presented and very English setting, then this is the place. We were here for our wedding anniversary. We'd eaten at the restaurant the year previous, and had decided to save up to stay here this year. I had several conversations with Sarah, on reservations prior to booking, and she had been so accommodating, offering us various different packages to suit our budget.
The hotel itself is tucked away from the bustle of Mayfair, a lovely spot backing onto St James' park. We were given a tour of the hotel on arrival (the only other place we've ever had this at is the Mount nelson in Cape Town), which is much bigger that we thought it was, but all beautifully presented. We regretted very much not having had time to enjoy a glass in the champagne bar, and to sit in the cognac and cigar garden in the evening (we also had a wedding to go to).
All the staff were fantastic, and we borrowed a pair of cufflinks (we'd forgotten them), which we delivered to our room by housekeeping.
I cannot recommend this place more highly, but next time, we won't miss out on the delights of the restaurant, champagne room etc. In fact we probably won't leave the hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2012

If so this is the place for you ! Has the best Martinis and service I'v ever experienced. Americans seem to love it as I met ex colleague from the states there and half the clientele were from the States. Very friendly informal atmosphere you just gotta try it !

Room Tip: Sorry I only experienced the bar attraction!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This is a perect hotel both for business and pleasure. A great location and a top class personnell and service! You can feel the friendly atmosphere and charm of the employees from when you enter the hotel with the taxi and all the way until you are leaving :-)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends