“A lovely and charming hotel”
Review of Dukes Hotel

Dukes Hotel
Ranked #140 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I attended a private dinner in the hotel. The atmosphere of the hotel is very smart and intemate with the strong smell coming from all the flowers in the public areas. The food was delicious and the service unabtrusive, friendly and efficient. Were I not already living in London, this would be the hotel I would want to stay in!

I confess I always look at bad reviews and the only one star review I could find was someone complaining that he was refused entry In the evening to the Cocktail Bar as he was wearing a T shirt - that news made me like the hotel even more. If you are staying in a smart hotel don't look like a scruff but fear the reviewer did not get this message!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank quakered
Debrah_Dhugga, Managing Director at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with me and my team, we could not ask for better feedback than to hear the service was friendly and efficient and you enjoyed the atmosphere of our hotel.

The team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us again in the future.

Debrah Dhugga

Write a ReviewReviews (1,511)

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Having always wanted to try this hotel was pleasantly surprised to have my expectations lived up to. Lovely, friendly welcome. My room was gorgeous and spacious enough to relax. I loved that staff come in and put your slippers next to your bed!

The bar was just fantastic. Had some business guests and they were really impressed with how relaxed and accommodating staff were. Simply the best Martini we have ever had.

I am looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Bar is amazing but expensive.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Debrah_Dhugga, Managing Director at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Guest,

What a wonderful review of our hotel, thank you! It truly was our pleasure to welcome you as our guests and I was thrilled to hear your expectations were fulfilled.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We visited Drawing Room at the Dukes Hotel after looking at other reviews and we were not disappointed. The hotel is really nice and set in a central London location. This place is well worth a visit- high quality. The food is delicious and the service is fantastic and extremely quick, special thanks to manager Anis who is very friendly and helpful.
I would definitely recommend to everyone and I will certainly go there again.

Stayed: September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with me and my team, we could not ask for better feedback than to hear the service was fantastic and the staff was friendly and helpful.

We all very much hope to welcome you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I think a hotel should be close to perfect to get a 5 rating and there are only two issues which cause me to give this a 4. This will not prevent us from staying at the Dukes again and we might very well a found our base for future London trips.

1. The air condition didn't work and kept the temperature at 24.7 C and fan on full speed until we turned it off and opened the windows. Some staff knocked on the door at 23:45 PM to fix after we mentioned this in the morning. Many guests would like sleep to then
2. The third day breakfast service broke down and I had to wait 45 minutes and three request to get coffee. The breakfast otherwise was impeccable, selection was good with both traditional and helthy choices and food well made. Everything made to order.

The hotel is very central in Mayfair close to Green Park. Regent street is a 10 minute walk away, Buckigham palace 3 minutes. Still it is very quiet, located in a blind alley. The building is well maintained but they have kept the traditional british look. The service is friendly and effective.

The room was quite spacy for London (Superior room) and we like that there was a small room/cabin to keep the luggage out of sight.

The great thing about this place in addition to it's central location is that it give you a luxury feeling without getting stiff. Feels like village hotel in the middle of London.

Room Tip: Some rooms have only view to a small gap between four buildings
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Debrah_Dhugga, Managing Director at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the hotel following your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed the location, the service and your room.

We pride ourselves on establishing long-term relationships with our guests, and I am confident that we can remedy your previous experience and very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to DUKES again in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

So, generally a great location and nice rooms BUT....

....when I checked in 10 minute wait and no key
...finally got key when I came back from dinner!
....would have liked a nice relaxing drink post- dinner but despite two people at the bar asked to sit down and then ignored

....gone to bedroom to do review.

So no real issue with room but I can get a decent bed with my eyes closed in the Premier inn. Therefore I pay a premium for the other service outside of the room which was zero/poor,

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Debrah_Dhugga, Managing Director at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with me and my team. Naturally, I was deeply disappointed to hear there were some elements of your stay that you were not completely satisfied with. Your feedback has certainly been shared with our teams.

It is our genuine wish to retain you as our guest, and as such we welcome the chance to discuss your comments with you personally. Our Guest Relations Manager, Lucica Rosu, can be reached on guestrelations@dukeshotel.com where we hope to hear from you further, assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Dress smartly and turn up ready to drink in a homey, yet swanky environment. Three cozy rooms, each outfitted with leather club chairs and small tables await you. Top notch table side martini service. The compllimenraey olives, nuts and crackers are a nice touch, but at $19.50 pounds per drink, are warranted.
Great people watching and an absolute must if you're having a night out in London.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Debrah_Dhugga, Managing Director at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Guest,

What a wonderful review of our hotel, thank you! It truly was our pleasure to welcome you as our guests and I was thrilled to hear that you found our martinis to be an 'absolute must'.

The team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Popped in for a Martini and or a Cocktail in passing as had heard about this place. A lovely location and a very nice bar. Not sure the price of the Martinis are justified regardless that they make them at your table but otherwise for all else the prices are at the high end but I didn't think unreasonable considering they come with some very nice Olives and Bar Snacks. I'll likely return although will avoid the Martinis a next time.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Debrah_Dhugga, Managing Director at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with others, we were thrilled to welcome you to DUKES Bar and hear that you enjoyed your recent visit.

The team and I all very much look forward to welcoming you back with us again soon.