The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$135
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$153
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$85
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

US$274
US$214
US$177
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$127
Book now, pay at stay
US$367
US$306
Hilton
US$391
US$317
All reviewsthe south kensington tube stopnational history museumsuperb locationstayed for one nightfull englishvictoria
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Such a value for $85 a night! S. Kensington is my favorite London neighborhood because of ease of transportation, excellent restaurants, and proximity to museums and excellent shopping.

Breakfast was excellent. The coffee was fresh and strong. The wait staff superior. One young lady went so far as to make me fresh lemonade.

The front desk staff was perfunctory. A smile would go a long way.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Petruchka
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I would definitely not rate this hotel as a four star. The decoration is definitely tired and I would call it "cheap English country style." The room did not seem very clean and the bed was very hard. Also, rooms facing the street are very noisy. Room rates are quite high so for this price, I think you can find better in London. On a positive note, it is well located, not far from South Kensington tube station.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are very noisy
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank londonmlle
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We got a pokey room for three. Old fashioned decor, a tv that came from the ark. The room clean but the poor decor made it look grim. The beds were just the most uncomfy ever but good if you have back problems!

Total lack of management, if you wish to complain, but don't worry the receptionist will kindly call the manager at home to arrange discount to make the cost bearable. Apparently we were paying a high rate so discount made it the usual rate which was ironic. To be fair the receptionist was lovely and very appologetic and I suspect is used to complaints. There are plenty of hotels in London far better. We stayed at the Ibis the following night which is 2 star and it was fantastic in comparison. Not sure how it gets a 4 star rating the inspector must have been having an off day!

I think the lack of replies on trip advisor from the management says it all.................

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meme102
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just around the corner from V&A Museum, South Kensington Stations, a taxi rank, walking distance to Hyde Park etc etc. it's a great location with great access to London sights.

Yes, as other have said, the rooms are very small and the place is dated (though not without a certain character it has to be said), the television is old and the room was a little cold, but its clean and I slept well.

If you're looking for a cheap room to access London, perfect. If you're looking for somewhere to spend any amount of time in, possibly not the best.

Has to be said, night staff were very helpful when I took unwell.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location for touring London. Was very worried after reading some bad reviews but for the price we paid (£89 for a twin room) in this location we couldn't complain. Yes, the rooms and en suites are a little tired, but ours was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. To be honest I could have done with another blanket as it was snowing while we visited and I was a little cold, but I could have asked for one if I was that bothered!
Our room was an average size, with a small en suite and faced the back of the hotel so didn't have a view, but since we only wanted to crash for the night this didn't matter as we spent very little time there.
If you want luxury, this isn't it. However, if you want a clean and comfy room in a perfect location then this hotel is ideal.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends