First appearances can be deceiving !!
Staff and arrival all went well but from there on it went down hill...
For £185 per night ( not including breakfast ) i got
- a bath 30% covered in dried paint in it that chipped off if you scraped it
- a bathroom bin with no lid
- a bath panel falling off because it was so water damaged it hardly held together ( that was due to the poorly fitting shower panel allowing water to split out)
-a bathroom extractor fan hanging half off the wall
-a kettle that had to be plugged into an extention that was long enough and ever time you lifted kettle the base would be pulled off onto the floor.
As of yet I also havent found an e-mail address to send my complaints to. I didnt on the day as we were only staying the evening and it was a present from family. I expect the standards in London always to be a little lacking but even so....this wasnt a patch on a premier inn and those were only a few of the issue. The rest of the hotel faired no better; peeling pain on walls, cramped dirty decor, water leaking through lights in the breakfast hall and £19 for 1 english breakfast and one set of toast.
Money not at all well spent. Standards very poor.
Location was great for Royal Albert Hall and meseums etc but that about its best point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine an English country home magically whisked to the most exclusive London borough, and you have The Gainsborough. Named after the celebrated artist, The Gainsborough combines the attractive style of bygone days with an easy informality. To stay here is to enjoy London of fashionable South Kensington, Harrods, the restaurants and antique markets, pubs and delightful backwaters of Chelsea and Knightsbridge. You are at the heart of the capital's culture too with great museums - Science, Natural History, the Victoria & Albert - nearby; and for music lovers, the glorious Royal Albert Hall is just minutes away. The well-stocked lounge bar is the spot for a leisurely drink or a snack from the light menu. With 24-hour room service, butlers on immediate call and a reception ever ready to meet your needs, nothing is too much for our attentive staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Travelocity.ca, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Gainsborough Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gainsborough Hotel London