All reviews the south kensington tube stop national history museum albert hall superb location victoria
Reviewed May 8, 2017

Great location as we were singing in the Royal Albert Hall. An older property but clean and comfortable. We had continental breakfast included which was adequate but you could upgrade to full cooked breakfast for £5
Lara on reception was very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2017

close to subway, great location; great service, especially the attendent Laisa, she was always very helping and kind. We had a really nice time there.
Breakfast was very good; the room was well cleaned and good size. Only the elevator is very small. After all, it was good price-benefit.

Room tip: all rooms seem quite
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2017

Very friendly staff, very attentive - especially attendant Irena. Delicious and hearty full English breakfast at a reasonable price for London. So near to the tube and Kensington area sites for tourism, in a quieter area not overrun by tourists, that Gainsborough is worth considering. My family and I will stay again.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I booked this hotel for a 4 night stay and we cancelled and left after 1 night! We booked it months ago but was put in the room right next to the lift which was noisy until early hours! The room was run down and grotty more like a sub contractors hotel where you pay £25 a night! Not what you would expect for a 4 star hotel in London! Dreadful!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah N
Reviewed April 14, 2017

The hotel was not the swankiest, but it was clean, quiet, and friendly, all in a great location minutes from the museums and the Tube. The rooms are small but I just needed a place to sleep and shower, London beckons. Lara was a great help at the reception desk, booking me tickets for a tour and generally very friendly and kind. For the price I couldn't ask for anything better.

• Trip type: Travelled solo