“Good central London hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge

Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
Ranked #337 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Sheffield UK
“Good central London hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I think the previous reviewer was very harsh. Yes the reception area is dark and not my taste but the rooms are fine. No noise, comfy bed, flat screen tv. good bathroom lighting and reasonable shower - and it is so near to Harvey Nicks and the tube. I had breakfast and the service was good and the quality of the grilled breakfast was good.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast offering, together with the service you received from my team. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Millennium Knightsbridge.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dorchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

This hotel needs total refurbishment. All public areas are dim, shabby and run-down. Our room on the 9th floor was dismal - peeling paint and wallpaper, a tiny double bed, grotty mattress, ancient and worn bathroom fittings, frayed carpet and battered furniture. We could not believe we were in Knightsbridge. The food was quite poor and at breakfast the crockery was stained. The restaurant had stained and battered furniture and stained carpets - it has the feel of a run-down pub. All the staff we met were young, professional and unfailingly polite - we felt very sorry for them they they should be working in such an appalling place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dianaofdorset
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read that you found my team to be positive. Your comments regarding the refurbishment you suggest have been taken on board.

Kind regards
KL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Was recommended this property as wanted to be within easy access of shopping areas and transportation to visit friends. As I was traveling alone, it was really important that i stayed in a place I felt safe. This hotel covered all of what I needed plus bonus of having such friendly staff, very comfortable room, bed + pillows lulls you straight to dreamland. I even got upgraded thanks to the GM who was very attentive towards guest needs.

Higher floors definitely recommended. Do try some of the Asian cuisine. Kudos to the chatty concierge who was knowledgeable and made very good recommendations on where to go and what to see.

Room Tip: Request higher floors
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank spatrotter
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Your kind review and your comments are greatly appreciated, thank you. I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that you found our team so friendly. I look forward to you returning to the Millennium Knightsbridge in the future.

London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

service here is just brilliant. not too intrusive not too laid back. just right.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pippinc
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at the Millennium Knightsbridge for 1 night with my husband and our 5 year old son over half term.
I booked this hotel without looking on Trip Advisor which I never normally do! I was seduced by the club room and the children's concierge "Ask Alfred"

Once booked it dawned on me that I should check out the reviews and I would be lying if I didn't say I was a little concerned.

We decided to extend our trip for an additional night and chose to book the Landmark (separate review on that one!) As I felt it would be a risk staying at the millennium for 2 nights.

Firstly we arrived and check in was fast and friendly, there was a little confusion over whether or not I had pre-booked the children's concierge (which I had) The deal was as per the website, A teddy bear, robe, slippers, tooth brush, and ice cream on arrival. I asked when my son would be getting the ice-cream as they seemed unsure whether anything had been sorted and I was told that they do ice-cream in the summer, the package is now jelly beans. No problem.
The lady on check-in said our room was ready and if there are any problems then to call down.

The room was great. Not a bad size for a london hotel room. Decor nice, clean. The sofa bed had been made into a child bed and all the child concierge items had been laid out. Our son was delighted. In addition to the paid for items they had laid out a green frog bathroom mat, so the floor wasn't slippy when wet for our son.
Within 5 minutes we had a call from reception just checking that everything was OK... nice touch, they had really thought about us. She then said that she had spoken with her supervisor and they were sending ice-cream to the room anyway. Just then the door goes and a butler arrives with ice-cream for our son... even more delighted!

Its those small things that really make a difference. They was obvious care for their guests and I really like that.

We all had a very comfortable sleep.

Check-out again was a breeze... So yes its a 4 star hotel. But its the service that made it feel like a 5 star to us.

Just a few observation points.. the air-con wasnt working properly and the room was quite warm, the childrens toiletries included in the package consisted of a sachet of conditioner..surely a shower wash would of been better?! and the there was a little road noise despite being on the 10th floor.
None of these in anyway ruined our trip... just goes to show that customer service goes a very long way!

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high level and go for the club rooms... great value with a quiet lounge for break...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and I am delighted that our “Ask Alfred” was such a success with your son. Your further comments are taken on board and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Millennium Knightsbridge.

Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Stayed in this hotel last week for 2 nights as I was attending a conference in the hotel. Bad choice!The hotel decor is very dated, bed room is small, check-in was shambolic. Two real negatives, 1) I was on the seventh floor, window appeared to be single glazed and with a busy road outside it was very noisy. The window ledge itself seemed to have a framework in place for an additional inner window presumably to reduce noise and to insulate the room from the cold.
I checked with reception if I could change rooms which they said I could but they said all the windows in the hotel were exactly the same. Got the impression that it wasnt the first time this complaint had been made! I slept with tissues in my ears.
2) the shower was at best luke luke warm due I suspect to a faultly knob. I didnt even bother calling reception as it was obvious that the knob had been in this condition for some time.

To be fair the pillows and bed were comfortable.
Breakfast was ok although you could strip paint from a wall with the coffee. The next morning I asked for an Americano which was fine except that there was an extra charge.
I had a meal in the asian restaurant which was ok.

Would not recommend and will not be staying again.

Room Tip: do not go for room 715!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not to your entire satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your experience.

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

The hotel is in a really good location, but the rooms are not perfect, old fashion rooms, they are not perfectly cleaned and not everything works. On my room the lights didn't work properly, tried to make a cup of tea, didn't work either.
The food on the restaurant is really expensive and the food is average nothing amazing, second night ordered service room and the food was bland with no taste and again expensive for what it was.
I wouldn't stay again based on the overall experience and price.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank LauraandAl
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
I am disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay. We are in the process of changing the concept in the restaurant and your comments have been shared with my team in order that we may address the issues.

Kate Fletcher