“Excellent Location”

Ranked #352 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This hotel provided an excellent base for a recent shopping trip. The standard rooms were good value for money and were clean and comfortable. I agree with a previous reviewer that some areas would benefit from refurbishment, however this did not detract from our stay. All of the hotel staff that we encountered were pleasant and helpful and this is really made our stay so good. I will stay at this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased that you found the Millennium Knightsbridge ideally located and that the service your received from my team lead to an enjoyable stay.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Millennium Hotel in Knightsbridge for the weekend, every staff treated us like Royalty from the Concierge, Reception , Bar & Restaurant and luggage porter (Vincent) was excellent. Check in by Stephanie very precise and we were greeted with a warm welcome by the Reception Manager (very professional)- Mr. Botho Stein...
The hotel room was superb, very clean & tidy, excellent view, comfy bed & pillow,we had a very good night sleep.
The Bar have a good selection of cocktails.Though, the restaurant was quiet but we enjoyed the dinner with fantastic service and excellent food.
We had our breakfast the next day at the Club Lounge, it was a lovely breakfast buffet though there was only few selections of hot foods.

Overall, I can say that It was fantastic weekend!!!! my wife and I had a really great stay and we will definitely come back...

Room Tip: Higher floor comes with a good view Corner suite large and spacious
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your comments with my team. I very much look forward to you returning to the Millennium Hotel Knightsbridge in the future.

Sheffield UK
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I think the previous reviewer was very harsh. Yes the reception area is dark and not my taste but the rooms are fine. No noise, comfy bed, flat screen tv. good bathroom lighting and reasonable shower - and it is so near to Harvey Nicks and the tube. I had breakfast and the service was good and the quality of the grilled breakfast was good.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast offering, together with the service you received from my team. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Millennium Knightsbridge.

Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This hotel needs total refurbishment. All public areas are dim, shabby and run-down. Our room on the 9th floor was dismal - peeling paint and wallpaper, a tiny double bed, grotty mattress, ancient and worn bathroom fittings, frayed carpet and battered furniture. We could not believe we were in Knightsbridge. The food was quite poor and at breakfast the crockery was stained. The restaurant had stained and battered furniture and stained carpets - it has the feel of a run-down pub. All the staff we met were young, professional and unfailingly polite - we felt very sorry for them they they should be working in such an appalling place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dianaofdorset
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read that you found my team to be positive. Your comments regarding the refurbishment you suggest have been taken on board.

KL
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Was recommended this property as wanted to be within easy access of shopping areas and transportation to visit friends. As I was traveling alone, it was really important that i stayed in a place I felt safe. This hotel covered all of what I needed plus bonus of having such friendly staff, very comfortable room, bed + pillows lulls you straight to dreamland. I even got upgraded thanks to the GM who was very attentive towards guest needs.

Higher floors definitely recommended. Do try some of the Asian cuisine. Kudos to the chatty concierge who was knowledgeable and made very good recommendations on where to go and what to see.

Room Tip: Request higher floors
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank spatrotter
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Your kind review and your comments are greatly appreciated, thank you. I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that you found our team so friendly. I look forward to you returning to the Millennium Knightsbridge in the future.

Regards
London, England
Reviewed 21 February 2012

service here is just brilliant. not too intrusive not too laid back. just right.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pippinc
England
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at the Millennium Knightsbridge for 1 night with my husband and our 5 year old son over half term.
I booked this hotel without looking on Trip Advisor which I never normally do! I was seduced by the club room and the children's concierge "Ask Alfred"

Once booked it dawned on me that I should check out the reviews and I would be lying if I didn't say I was a little concerned.

We decided to extend our trip for an additional night and chose to book the Landmark (separate review on that one!) As I felt it would be a risk staying at the millennium for 2 nights.

Firstly we arrived and check in was fast and friendly, there was a little confusion over whether or not I had pre-booked the children's concierge (which I had) The deal was as per the website, A teddy bear, robe, slippers, tooth brush, and ice cream on arrival. I asked when my son would be getting the ice-cream as they seemed unsure whether anything had been sorted and I was told that they do ice-cream in the summer, the package is now jelly beans. No problem.
The lady on check-in said our room was ready and if there are any problems then to call down.

The room was great. Not a bad size for a london hotel room. Decor nice, clean. The sofa bed had been made into a child bed and all the child concierge items had been laid out. Our son was delighted. In addition to the paid for items they had laid out a green frog bathroom mat, so the floor wasn't slippy when wet for our son.
Within 5 minutes we had a call from reception just checking that everything was OK... nice touch, they had really thought about us. She then said that she had spoken with her supervisor and they were sending ice-cream to the room anyway. Just then the door goes and a butler arrives with ice-cream for our son... even more delighted!

Its those small things that really make a difference. They was obvious care for their guests and I really like that.

We all had a very comfortable sleep.

Check-out again was a breeze... So yes its a 4 star hotel. But its the service that made it feel like a 5 star to us.

Just a few observation points.. the air-con wasnt working properly and the room was quite warm, the childrens toiletries included in the package consisted of a sachet of conditioner..surely a shower wash would of been better?! and the there was a little road noise despite being on the 10th floor.
None of these in anyway ruined our trip... just goes to show that customer service goes a very long way!

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high level and go for the club rooms... great value with a quiet lounge for break...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and I am delighted that our “Ask Alfred” was such a success with your son. Your further comments are taken on board and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Millennium Knightsbridge.

Regards