“Good location but .......”

Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
Ranked #379 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We went to winter wonderland in Hyde Park last year and stay here. The only good thing about the hotel is it's location. The rooms were dire and in serious need of a refurb and we made the mistake of eating in the restaurant which was not good at all and did the same for breakfast which was average and expensive. There are plenty of places to eat/drink in the area so the hotel served it's purpose of a place to sleep....that's all !

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased to inform you that we have reviewed and invested in our breakfast offering and presentation this year. I am also delighted to let you know that we have introduced a new Mediterranean concept into the restaurant, from which we are receiving very positive feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Millennium Knightsbridge to experience the improvements we have made.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,363)

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Very nice, clean and friendly staff. Our 10th floor room had a great view of the city. Great location on Sloan street, one hi end designer shop after another and Harrods Dept store right behind us here. The Knightsbridge train stop on the Piccadilly line goes easily to the airport and all over the city.
We checked in April 10-15 and had a great time in London.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ansophia
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the service conveyed to you by my team whilst staying with us and that you found the hotel ideally situated. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Hotel Knightsbridge in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Great stay at this hotel. The room was beautiful and the staff members were incredibly nice and attentive. I had a problem with the hot water, called the front desk and maintenance was there within 5 min. I asked the consierge if he had a menu for a Lebanese restaurant that delivers, he did not so he left the hotel to run over and get one for me. We travelled with kids and they were greeted with a toy, robes and ice cream. Great way to start the afternoon after a stressful flight. Breakfast was really great. Lots of selection and beautifully coordinated. The club room is a plus. They had very good appetizers in the afternoon and coffee and drinks throughout the day. Really great location. The metro is at the end of the block and from there you can really get anywhere.

Room Tip: Get a club room that has access to the club room on the second floor.
1  Thank thescalzotto
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Thank you for your kind review which has been shared with my team. I am delighted to hear that "Ask Alfred" our children's package was received so well by our younger guests. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Hotel Knightsbridge on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

It was not the first time that I stayed at this hotel. Due to the reasonable price and the excellent location I have stayed 3-4 times in the past. This time though was definitely the last one! The room we were given was cramped for one person, two was overload! The maid forgot to clean the room one of the days we stayed and the rest she simply left garbage laying around (empty water bottles etc). Also do not pay for wifi! Its 5 UK pounds/hour and every 5 minutes its stops working so you have to close/ open your browser or your wifi!! Very frustrating especially after you paid extra for it!! When we asked for someone to come and try to resolve the problem, because we needed internet access daily, we were asked to wait for a technician.. who after 30 minutes still was missing! So what was the solution?? To connect me with the internet service provider of the hotel!!!! So I could loose another 10-20-30 minutes on hold on customer service!!! NO THANK YOU !!
Try to find something better in the area. Every year it gets worse and worse!

Room Tip: Dont go for the standard room its small even for kids
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

I am disappointed to read your review and of your dissatisfaction with your recent visit. Should you wish to discuss this further, I would be delighted if you would contact me directly.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Spent 4 nights in the hotel with family and relatives and enjoyed almost every minute of it. The central location was a given but the excellent service and hospitality of the staff was something that was not expected. Except for one instance during breakfast when an overzealous employee appeared to be more concerned about the headcount (he was wrong) than the guests enjoying their meal, our stay in the hotel was a nice breather from the tiring twelve day European trip that we just had. Special thanks to the staff: Sabrina, Marta, Eduardo, Andy, Arthur, Ali, and especially to Paolo who made sure that all our concerns were attended to. Will surely go back. You may also want to try the pub across and look for Tom, a super friendly host who will make you miss London even before you leave - acm_law

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and your comments regarding my team have been shared with them and Tom. I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Millennium Knightsbridge in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

This hotel is in the heart of London and a paradise location if you enjoy shopping. We had a Club Room which was adequate in size and for a change both the bed and pillows were really comfortable!
The hotel was nice and quiet and the staff very efficient and pleasant.
I have nothing bad to say about this hotel and am planning to stay there again soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Kate_KNI, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for your kind review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Knightsbridge.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Rooms are quite small (but then, as most Central London rooms). They are a bit over priced- especially in the summer; but it is in a great location- close to the Knightsbridge underground as well as Harvey Nicks, Harrods & the HTB church on Brompton Road- in addition to some amazing shops, restaurants & cafes. Very friendly people & a great team of staff. I've stayed there every couple of months for the last 7 years (for business as well as breaks) & they always go out of their way to make me feel at home!

Room Tip: Be sure to spend an evening at Tangerine Cafe on the lobby! A very nice chilled cafe/bar
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Your comments are very much appreciated and I have shared them with my team. I very much look forward to your return visit to the Millennium Knightsbridge.