“Great choice in a great neighborhood”

Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
Ranked #380 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 11 May 2005

My wife and I were very happy with this hotel. The location couldn't be better. On a very upscale shopping street, right near Harvey Nickolls and Harrods, the park, and an underground station. Rooms were small, but clean, and the breakfast buffet in the morning which came w/our room was great. Staff was helpful and professional. We would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London.

• Stayed: March 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed 28 April 2005

Fantastic location for touring London; under 5 min walk from Harrods, right next door to designer shops. Expensive though - £150 room only, which I expected. What was a surprise was £39 for valet parking - I actually requested a parking space when I booked, but that wasn't available when I arrived. They looked after our bags after checkout until we were ready to leave London - but they charged us a further £23 for valet parking. Double room was quite small, but comfortable. Bar was lovely and we expected that to be expensive so we weren't surprised. I'd stay there again - if someone else was paying!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Norwich, UK.
Reviewed 25 April 2005

Stayed one night here with my husband and 3 yr old son. We had standard twin room. Room was smallish and needed refurbished - i.e. woodwork was a bit chipped, stains on curtains, wallpaper marked. TV reception not good. Bathroom also small with sliding door - in need of modernisation but functional. Everything very clean however. Would not give the room a 4 star rating. However, the location on Sloane Street is excellent. Safe area, Armani, Gucci, Cartier next door and Harrods and Knightsbridge tube short walk away. Great base for a weekend stay.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 April 2005

I appreciate all the reviews that helped me on my decision to choose this hotel for my trip to London so I will report back to return the favor.
Cute little clean rooms and posh safe location.
Ugh! The elevators in this hotel hardly worked. Most of the staff do not speak comprehendable english and the atmosphere a little too glossy and slick which gets annoying after a while when you just want to bring a cup of coffee up to your room in a to-go cup and they look at you like you're nuts, not sure because this was unfashionable or the Euro-language barrier, which was odd, because it is England. Basic food not very user-friendly or affordable. But if you are a shopaholic, this is your place for a tryst, baby! Harvey Nics, gucci, chanel...you name it, it's there. Definitely would not stay here again though.

11  Thank Barbara G
new york
Reviewed 13 April 2005

great location for shopping and designer shops on Sloane Street.
Hotel staff are very friendly and efficient with service
Recommend this to anyone wanting to stay in knightsbridge area

• Stayed: January 2005, travelled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 April 2005

I recently stayed at the Millennium from 28th March to the 4th April 2005 and I was a bit nervous as some of the reviews had been critical of the hotel. I found it to be an excellent experience. I was a single female traveller and I was met with courtesy and friendly staff throughout my stay. My room was compact but very tastefully furnished with a good bathroom. The continental breakfast (included in the rate) was excellent - lots of fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurt and fresh bread. Housekeeping was very efficient and to a good standard. I had a very good promotional rate of 94 pounds a night. The hotel is in a fantastic location - I could walk to Hyde Park, walk to Harvey Nicks and Harrods and jump on a bus or train to anywhere else. The restaurant was a bit expensive for dinner and I did not eat there - the only drawback. I would definitely stay there again and have no hesitation in recommending it.

5  Thank MoMoHK
Reviewed 18 February 2005

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights on 27th July this year. we are both Londoners but now live in the USA. I decided on the Millenium purely for location initially and it was perfect. Everything is on your doorstep. Sercice at reception and the bars were very good and while it is expensive it must be remembered that this is London............and Knightsbridge. You get what you pay for and we payed well and got excellent. I have decided that this will be our base from now on whenever
we decide on a mini break back to the homeland.

• Stayed: December 2004